Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
Dodge
i like to be stroked

Default speeding fine , pay or chuck

im a aussie on holidays in new zealand, I got a speeding ticket last week, what is the agreement between australia and kiwiland, do they transfer points ect, the cop told me i was going to loose my aussie points and also told me i have to get a kiwi licence if i ever come back, i said u can shove that up ur a$$ . So i am about to chuck the fine in the bin, the car was my mothers who lives here but im sure they cant hold it to her rego like back home, anyway fill me in b4 i make more mess, lucky they didnt see me drive that 1000 hp ram pickup .

Old 17-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

does it have your licence number on the infringement.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
im a aussie on holidays in new zealand, I got a speeding ticket last week, what is the agreement between australia and kiwiland, do they transfer points ect, the cop told me i was going to loose my aussie points and also told me i have to get a kiwi licence if i ever come back, i said u can shove that up ur a$$ . So i am about to chuck the fine in the bin, the car was my mothers who lives here but im sure they cant hold it to her rego like back home, anyway fill me in b4 i make more mess, lucky they didnt see me drive that 1000 hp ram pickup .
Pay it.
If you do not you could get a warrant out in your name and get arrested either next time you are in NZ or maybe in the future here in OZ.

Remember if you have an outstanding fine your licence is suspended until it is paid with makes you an unlicenced driver. One of my staff got caught with this and because he did not pay an "undue noise" i.e. burnout $100 ticket he had to walk for 12 months.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

now i have heard that due to the wonderful system we have that if you get fined in order to keep your points you over pay the fine and never bank the cheque, so on a $100 fine pay them $102, they send a cheque for $2.00 and NEVER bank it.

This is supposed to work as the system cannot deduct points until a fine is paid and finalised, so with a credit outstanding it is not finalised and you keep all your points.

this is what I have heard at least.

Old 17-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Yeah, what Flappist said - pay it just so you don't get hassled next time you're there.

As far as I can see, there's no mutual recognition between Oz & NZ, so you won't lose points off your Australian licence.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #6
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
now i have heard that due to the wonderful system we have that if you get fined in order to keep your points you over pay the fine and never bank the cheque, so on a $100 fine pay them $102, they send a cheque for $2.00 and NEVER bank it.

This is supposed to work as the system cannot deduct points until a fine is paid and finalised, so with a credit outstanding it is not finalised and you keep all your points.

Wive's tale. They'll nail you regardless. Might be the case in other states, but DEFINATELY doesn't work in Qld...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
EA2BA
PM me if you want

QLD is another planet ............. lmao

Old 17-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Doesnt work here either. In fact, even if you challenge it and take it to court they deduct the points UNTIL you win (yeah, like thats going to happen), then they give them back.
Pathetic money hungry government, makes me sick.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have never heard of demerit points coming from other Countries or even interstate. Only drink driving priors taken into account. I would pay it though. They will have some sort of system that if you don't pay it either a brief will be compiled and warrants issued or similiar.
Old 17-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG this reminds me that I have a very overdue fine to pay :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
EA2BA
PM me if you want

i believe points are deducted from other states.

Old 17-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #12
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I did this about 3 years ago with a fine i got while driving through NSW. Paid $1 more. Never got a cheque but after 12 months past i got a driver history report sent to me from vic roads and no points were ever deducted from me. The fine was for 78 in 60 zone, $200 and 3 points and was a hand written ticket from a cop that pulled me over. I tried to do it again last year when i got done by a camera on Anglesea rd but i lost the points, and never got any cheque for the $1. So if there ever was a loop hole for doing it in Aus they stitched it up! Or else i was just extremely lucky the first time! :

Another good 1, my brother lived in port maquarie in NSW and lost 8 points on a double points weekend, which on P's in NSW he said they can only lose 4 points before they get their license suspended. He moved down here a week later, so i told him to go get his vic license straight away before his NSW 1 got suspended. Got his Vic P's with full points, thought he was laughin.
8 weeks later he got a letter from the RTA in NSW stating that his right to drive in the state of NSW had been taken away from him for 6 months. So legally he can drive in any state in Aus, but cant get behind the wheel in NSW for 6 months! Crazy!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #13
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:

It was on that show Life Support about 3 years ago, and speaking to an aquaintance who is a cop, i believe since then they have updated the system, because every man and his dog tried it after seeing the show
Old 17-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #14
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
im a aussie on holidays in new zealand,
Nice place, shame bout those birds though

I got a speeding ticket last week,
In what, a speed derestriction zone (///) or signposted other??

what is the agreement between australia and kiwiland,
It's called the "Trans Tasman Mutural Recognition Agreement".

do they transfer points ect,
No, absolutely not. They can chase up debts in the usual debt collection manner

the cop told me i was going to loose my aussie points
The particular cop is a retard of the first order.

and also told me i have to get a kiwi licence if i ever come back,
More gutter talk rubbish, NZ is a Contracting Party to The United Nations Convention on Road Traffic, Road Signs and Signals. If you intend staying over three months then you are so required.

i said u can shove that up ur a$$.
Good lad!

So i am about to chuck the fine in the bin,
Normally I would, but thats a view in my part created over long term exposure to New Zealanders, a nation of p.i.s.s.y little upstarts who need reminding, 'they are nothing of any real value in the world'.

the car was my mothers who lives here
In NZ you mean? . .

but im sure they cant hold it to her rego like back home,
No, the offence is your's, she might at most have to nominate you, but they already know that.

anyway fill me in b4 i make more mess, lucky they didnt see me drive that 1000 hp ram pickup .
I'd not pay it, particularly if it was a speed derestriction zone. If you don't, you might get a scare scare letter but they will NOT extradite you for a bloody speeding fine.

If you go back to NZ take some spare cash-in case.

And someone tell that Tizzard Transport Minister, if she still is, that derestriction means just that, NOT what her dumb employees tell her what 'they think' it means.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 17-01-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #15
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

And someone tell that Tizzard Transport Minister, if she still is, that derestriction means just that, NOT what her dumb employees tell her what 'they think' it means.
Care to elaborate :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and also told me i have to get a kiwi licence if i ever come back
Only if the offence was worth a disqualification.

Quote:
LTNZ: If you only hold an overseas driver licence, you won't be allowed to drive again in New Zealand until you have a New Zealand driver licence.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #17
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Why not just wait until the Australia card comes in, then they will have every detail about you and just automatically deduct it from your bank. LOL
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #18
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pity you don't have an N.T. licence NO POINTS system pay the fine keep your brief.

As its N.Z. I would not pay............

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Pay it.
If you do not you could get a warrant out in your name and get arrested either next time you are in NZ or maybe in the future here in OZ.

Remember if you have an outstanding fine your licence is suspended until it is paid with makes you an unlicenced driver. One of my staff got caught with this and because he did not pay an "undue noise" i.e. burnout $100 ticket he had to walk for 12 months.
Nonsense, you can't get points taken from your licence from one state to the next let alone another country. He has no NZ licence to be suspended either, nor do they have the power to suspend his licence in OZ. And he won't get arrested for having an outstanding minor traffic warrant (should it ever get issued). My advice - Pay it if you want to, but I can assure you the NZ police department won't waste taxpayers money chasing an Australian for a traffic matter.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #20
falcon91

Slightly off topic, I sold my car in NSW, two years later when I was working in WA. two policemen came to my work for a warrant for my arrest for unpaid parking fines accumulated on that car after I sold it. A quick trip to the cop shop (Very embarrassed) filled out a stat Dec saying I had sold the car to ............. and they let me go. So maybe points can't be transferred but if an arrest warrant is issued because of unpaid fines, THEY will get you eventually.
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #21
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
Nonsense, you can't get points taken from your licence from one state to the next
Bollocks you cant get points taken off you from state to state. My sister in law got her license revoked in SA from a speeding fine in Vic.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #22
EA2BA
PM me if you want

When you sell a car you should ALWAYS do a notice of disposal to avoid that type of situation.

Old 18-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #23
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Bollocks you cant get points taken off you from state to state. My sister in law got her license revoked in SA from a speeding fine in Vic.

Exactly. I lost two points off my NSW license for speeding in the ACT. I thought you couldn't loose points in another state, however I was wrong.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
Nonsense, you can't get points taken from your licence from one state to the next
Wanna bet?
Old 18-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #25
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My boss had an arrest warrant for an outstanding fine for over 2 years. They had contested it and never heard back. What had happened is that department had not recieved a change of address notice and had sent all subsequest letters to no-one. He only found out about it calling on a completely unrelated matter. That's some fine police work there...
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
I'd not pay it, particularly if it was a speed derestriction zone. If you don't, you might get a scare scare letter but they will NOT extradite you for a bloody speeding fine.

If you go back to NZ take some spare cash-in case.

And incuding the rest of this post KEEPLEFT obviously loves NZ and especially 1 Ms Tizzard ex or other Transport Minister