Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Nulon Products

Hi all

I was just wanting to get peoples thoughts are on the Nulon range of additive products.....do you use them and which of their products do you use and recommend?

I put a bottle of E30 long life engine treatment in my car when i bought it new. Good for 80,000 kms apparently

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Peter

2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I have used their octane booster, it worked well. But before I put anything in my engine oil, I would have a good read here first.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/index.html
Old 21-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I have used their octane booster, it worked well. But before I put anything in my engine oil, I would have a good read here first.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/index.html
Thanks Jack, thats a great website...Cheers Pete
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 21-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
peterban
AULTD

I use the nulon lifter additive after every oil change in my sons EF as without it the lifters are ticky
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I use Nulon 15w/50 full synthetic oil in my F6, Aussie company with good product and great prices..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #6
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive used it to stop rear main leaks in older cars(holden 85, and 92models) and used it in the 99 commodre to quiet the lifters when they were noisy to get rid of the car, so they work... but i would only ever use most of the products in a car to "Band-Aid" fix... not 100% sure on the octane boost/injector cleaner stuff. But for ur ba i wouldnt think u need anything much they have to offer!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
MRJUCY
Fordless

They make some good stuff, some of the stuff I wouldn't bother with but most there stuff works which is more then you can say about most of those sorts of additive etc companies products.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

power steering stop leak works good. used it in 2 cars already.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah power steering stop leak is good.

I also use a bottle of their engine oil flush when i do every oil change.

Stop smoke is another one i've used in a mates car and can vouch for.

Know someone who used that longlife angine treatment and swears by it, but how can it keep benefiting your engine in 80,000km? I've done 8 oil changes by then. I guess if i did use it i couldn't do a flush every oil change either?
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Yeah power steering stop leak is good.

I also use a bottle of their engine oil flush when i do every oil change.

Stop smoke is another one i've used in a mates car and can vouch for.

Know someone who used that longlife angine treatment and swears by it, but how can it keep benefiting your engine in 80,000km? I've done 8 oil changes by then. I guess if i did use it i couldn't do a flush every oil change either?

I think it's because it coats the moving parts from the beginning of the cars life and stays in the system through all subsequent oil changes. I puit it in at 3,000 kms and have now done near on 60,000. Don't know if it works or not but anything to prolong engine life is worth a try.

Old 22-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #11
The Monty
Just slidin'

I use there Brake fluid. Wonderful feel compared to the old crap. Deffinatley reccomend it.
Old 22-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use their injector clean regularly ( every 6 tanks) and it works reasonably well.

Their octane boost does well too, but i Have only used it once though.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Nulon Products

Wow, dug deep for this one, check the date.
Nulon seem to be stepping away from their Teflon additives.
About the time I got my licence, I remember reading an article in (I think),
the West Australian, where a test was done by the RAC. They treated a
6 cylinder Torana with E30 as per instructions. Had to replace the hydraulic lifters with solids as zero oil pressure.
The RAC guy sat in the passenger seat with the sump plug in his hand and they drove from Perth to Albany, about 400km. At the end of the test, they pulled the engine down and found only a little wear on rocker gear. Bores and crank okay.
I gave my old Valiant Slant 6 the treatment. First thing I had to do was turn down the idle screw as the engine jumped from 550rpm to about 750rpm. This introduced other problems, a bit of a miss between the idle and off idle ports. I had to enrich the idle and tinker with the distributor to overcome the miss. This situation lasted for many oil changes.
A mate of mine (cynical character though) reckons Nulon is just a dose of kerosene - makes the oil thinner, easier to pump. I suggested we drain the oil from his Holden Colorado and take it for a drive. Sure, the hydraulic lifters would collapse, so maybe we could use kerosene.
The fact that it lasted for many oil changes - hell, I may have been talking to a wall. Quieter operation, better economy. Pulled the head (happened to be a Yella Terra) and the bores looked brand new (minimal ridge) after 50,000 miles.
I gave the I6 a dose of E30 around 20,000 km. Now at 85000 km, I reckon I'll give a dose with my 90k service.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #14
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

I Always use their products.
5W-30 Synthetic Oil for my FG.
Engine oil flush - every 2nd oil change.
Brake fluid
Total Fuel Line Cleaner
I'll be replacing my diff oil with their product soon as well as my Transmission oil.

Love the stuff

http://www.lessfriction.com.au/
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #15
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I wouldn't be using Nulon E30 additive in a newer modern engine, as the PTFE particles bonding to the surfaces to reduce friction could restrict oil flow thus cooling to certain areas. This is more so with modern engines which are designed and built with closer tolerances and clearances.

Using good synthetic engine oils like the Penrite HPR products work really well on their own, and no additive is required nor recommended.

The only Nulon product I use is the Nulon LongLife Coolant Concentrate Green, which seems to work well.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #16
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use most Nulon Products, great stuff IMO, brake fluid, engine oil, transmission oil, diff oil etc etc

Non glycol based Nulon Ultra Cool is hard to beat in older cars, definitely keeps the car a few degrees cooler and protects the cooling system.

Have used the Nulon E30 as well, not sure it does anything, don't use it any more since I started using Nulon Oils exclusively.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #17
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Wow, dug deep for this one, check the date.
Nulon also have there own sponsors Forum with a lot of info and Q&A.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...ysprune=&f=380

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: