Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default unregistered

Took my Telstar to get it inspected for rego, passed first time. Paid CTP and I asked the bloke at the servo what else I had to do. Still not not used to all the electronic transfer stuff and when said bloke told me that was all I had to do, I assumed I was then registered.
3 months later, red and blues in my rear vision mirrors made me think I should get out of his way. Pulling over, he followed me to a stop. Gets out and tells me I am driving an unregistered vehicle. I swear black and blue that my car is registered and I have all the paperwork at home. No good and $1246 later, I am on my way home then to NSW RMS who also tells me that I am unregistered. I pass the supposedly electronically transferred docs over the RMS counter and I am registered. WTF! What do I do now? And if you are related to any mechanics who work in the Doonside area, please do not offer any advice, I cannot afford it. btw, I am a 72 year old disability pensioner so do make mistakes

graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: unregistered

My mum was new to NSW and had transfered to NSW rego, she is a pensioner purchased CTP insurance slip we didn't know she had to ring NSW roads authority with a CTP number, few months later pulled over in Vic and was slugged over $600 for not being registered.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you can get the written (printed) evidence from the rta to say it's rego'd when you got done, then write a letter in response to the fine.

However, there's several stages in doing a nsw rego.

- you need to have purchased the green slip (which you did). This takes a few minutes to process through to the rms.

- you need to have passed the pink slip, and have the mechanic submit it online (sounds like you did).

You then need to get online, on the rms site (or via the app) and renew the rego. Only you can do this, not your mechanic or insurance company.

Being a pensioner rego could be the issue though - I'm not sure if you can renew them online, and if you haven't either renewed online or been into the rms, then despite having the green & pink slips payed up, you are still unregistered.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Yeah as stated above - you got your car inspected and paid for CTP insurance, but you never actually paid the RMS to register the car.

Although it's a bitter pill to swallow, it's better you found out now because if you'd have been involved in an accident you'll find that your comprehensive or third party property insurance would have been null and void and your insurance company would just walk away from you.

So for next years rego the steps for complete and valid rego are -
1. Get car inspected (pink slip)
2. Get CTP insurance (green slip)
3. Pay RMS rego amount (go into an RMS office if it's easier)

Best of luck mate, losing $1200 always stings...
2 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

We have a similar issue with our buses often.
Pay the green slip (which is almost $9000 per vehicle), and it often doesn't get sent through to the RMS, so when the boss walks in to the registry to pay the rego later that day, they won't allow it.
If he comes back to the office and gets the green slip insurer to fax over proof of payment, RMS won't accept the faxed copy, but if you cut the fax header off the top of the page, they accept it...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #6
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
We have a similar issue with our buses often.
Pay the green slip (which is almost $9000 per vehicle), and it often doesn't get sent through to the RMS, so when the boss walks in to the registry to pay the rego later that day, they won't allow it.
If he comes back to the office and gets the green slip insurer to fax over proof of payment, RMS won't accept the faxed copy, but if you cut the fax header off the top of the page, they accept it...
This is the kind of Bureaucratic Bovine Excreta that really gives me the Sh**ts!

Just try to get a passport issued for a grandchild and see how many hoops you have to jump thru.

Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
snopony

In had a similar thing happen..... altho thanks to double checking it did not result in a fine. I received a letter from rms stating that concession holders don't need to go in to renew their rego, provided a greenslip and inspection have been done, that it would be automatically registered once the info is lodged electronically by insurer and mechanic doing the inspection.
This was done.
However i received a reminder a day before rego is due, that i have not re-newed my rego. small alarm bells go off, so I went to the rms with my paperwork and they did it there on the spot on the day it was due. Turns out the greenslip provider had been a bit slow in processing the payment so it hadn't reached the rms yet. how long it would have taken had I not checked, well, who knows... but I think I will always be checking myself from now on.
I can understand the confusion for other concession holders or pensioners who are being told their rego will now be done automatically.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Much prefer the Queensland system - get the renewal, pay the renewal, registered. Doesn't help with the old rust buckets getting phased out though.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

man this **** seems too frriggin hard
i just log on to ezireg tick the 3 month box and pay online

god i hope your systems dont end up here in sa in a hurry
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be writing a polite letter explaining your financial situation and that it was a mistake etc, you might get off the steep fine.

but as stated 3 steps.
  1. Inspection
  2. Pay CTP
  3. Pay rego
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #11
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I keep seeing "Pay rego". In NSW, age and disability pensioners are in the fortunate position of receiving free rego which is why I did not think I did not have to visit RMS.
No payment required!
However, I find that the dogmatic beaucratic p***ks in NSW govt and RMS require me, the 72 year old disability pensioner to front at their counter, push a bit of paper over the counter and I or my car is immediately registered. What is that? PROOF OF LIFE?
By the way Stefan, I will be writing the calm, collected letter in the desperate (forlorn) hope of not having to cough up $1246 which I simply do not have. How many days gaol is that worth?
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #12
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m 76, live in NSW and have to pay my rego. I don’t get a pension so I always do it over the net to save time.

I agree with the fellows who’ve said you’re in with a chance of having the fine rescinded if you give them the same story you have here.

It will at least be reviewed and if you have a history of renewing your rego on time anyone with a bit of common sense could see how the mistake has occurred.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #13
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might have been a good idea from the beginning to mention you are a pensioner and arnt required to pay for rego...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773 View Post
I keep seeing "Pay rego". In NSW, age and disability pensioners are in the fortunate position of receiving free rego which is why I did not think I did not have to visit RMS.
No payment required!
No worries mate, didn't know that.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #15
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

id like to know why a 1996 xh ute that is not used for any work purposes is actually more to register than a 2008 turbo sedan
oh thats right
the government likes ripping the bags out of its population
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
id like to know why a 1996 xh ute that is not used for any work purposes is actually more to register than a 2008 turbo sedan
oh thats right
the government likes ripping the bags out of its population
Im happy with it as I get to park in loading zones always well located, for so much longer and I have no doubt I save the extra in parking tickets and fines almost monthly.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post