Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #61
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Club plates in Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Just slightly off topic here.........

I have no cars on club rego but I am curious as to how insurance works with club plates.

Here in NSW 3rd party (green slip) is a stand alone policy and not handled by the RTA/RMS so how do the insurance companies calculate the cost.
in NSW With club rego third party personal (CTP) is covered by RMS as part of the annual fee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
The same for fully comp ins, do they take into account the only driving the car for 45 days a year ?
They guesstimate that being a club rego car and as such should only be used for club events and maintenance that it is rarely used

In my case the value of the car stayed the same but the cost of the premium pretty much halved when I went over to club rego

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #62
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The current scheme in VIC i believe is fine how it currently is. Just because some you may believe a VN or EA is not a classic and may not feel the same way the owner does, so what. As long as the car is road worthy does it have to concern you? Not everyone has the luxury to be able to pay $700 + on multiple cars each year. My ZH was off the road for 3 years as i couldn't simply afford to pay the rego on top of my other cars. I recently got club rego, spent around $1000 and got the car completely road worthy. If i had a like for EAs (which i don't) and one sitting in the garage i would get club rego for it as well, better than having another dead car.

Who knows one day in years to come i might find a cheap black EB XR6 like the my dad had when i was young and it will be certainly going on club rego! Unless someone on here is willing to reach into their deep pockets and pay the $700 for a car that will be driven twice a month?
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #63
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
in NSW With club rego third party personal (CTP) is covered by RMS as part of the annual fee)
What ? the RMS finally got something right!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #64
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Just slightly off topic here.........

I have no cars on club rego but I am curious as to how insurance works with club plates.

Here in NSW 3rd party (green slip) is a stand alone policy and not handled by the RTA/RMS so how do the insurance companies calculate the cost.

The same for fully comp ins, do they take into account the only driving the car for 45 days a year ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
TAC is the only third party insurer in Vic. The third party insurance is included in the ~$70 club registration fee for the 45 day permit.

The comprehensive insurance is a bit cheaper with club plates, for both Lumleys (my insurer), and Shannons. As it was previously with the earlier CH plates.
what Silver Ghia said Roger (I am with Shannons for the car), but the club permit fee has the TAC component in it
Old 09-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #65
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post
Unless someone on here is willing to reach into their deep pockets and pay the $700 for a car that will be driven twice a month?
and of course you are an active member of the car club that is sponsoring you and you attend as many of their activities as you possibly can and you are not just in the car club for the benefits of club rego surely
Old 09-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #66
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
and of course you are an active member of the car club that is sponsoring you and you attend as many of their activities as you possibly can and you are not just in the car club for the benefits of club rego surely
That is correct, but some clubs don't really care and it is their choice i guess. I personally always go to the club meeting each month and attend as many club events as much as i can. I also genuinely do enjoy going to them as well, which is thanks to such a great club and members.
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #67
Hulsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I struggle to use mine for 20 days per year

It was a big effort to get 43 days use, pretty much every trip I took it out. This year will be much less, had to drive it to work last week so that was 7 days, even still, will struggle to get 30 days this year I reckon.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #68
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman View Post
What I find unfair in the new rules is if a car has been forced to be converted to RHD and previously registered in Australia it now has to have an engineer’s report as well as a roadworthy.
Hopefully I'm reading this right .. but in VSI-33
Quote:
4.4 Imported vehicles
An imported vehicle, for which admission to CPS is being sought, must have Australian registration history or a copy of the Vehicle Import Approval issued by the Commonwealth Government relating to the vehicle will be required.
Further, imported vehicles without registration history that were built after 1968 require a VASS Approval Certificate demonstrating compliance with any applicable ADRs.
An imported vehicle that has undergone an assessable modification that has not been previously registered in its modified condition in Australia must be issued with a VASS Club Permit Approval Certificate.
It's the last sentence I'm intepreting as:
"An imported vehicle that has undergone an assessable modification (RHD conversion) that HAS been previously registered in its modified condition in Australia does not require a VASS Club Permit Approval Certificate."

Thoughts?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #69
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not sure where you got that from, but how I read it:

If you want to put an imported car onto the CPS it must have an Australian registration history, if it doesn't it must undergo an engineers check and be assessed against any ADR's applicable at the time of manufacture, so for example if a car was built in 1966 in the USA it must comply with 1966 ADR's

and I agree with your interpretation of the last sentence
Old 11-04-2015, 02:01 AM   #70
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin View Post
Hopefully I'm reading this right .. but in VSI-33

It's the last sentence I'm intepreting as:
"An imported vehicle that has undergone an assessable modification (RHD conversion) that HAS been previously registered in its modified condition in Australia does not require a VASS Club Permit Approval Certificate."

Thoughts?
I'm listening to old club members panicking that their RHD converted cars from years ago and some have quiet a few sitting idle in sheds will have to have a VASS Club Permit Approval Certificate as well as a RWC. So I was concerned that my old 1975 Electra I'm gradually restoring might have to re-go another engineers report even though its a Chapel conversion.
It has given myself a bit of relief as I was having trouble trying to locate Vic Roads interpretation on the RHD conversions. thanks
Old 11-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #71
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman View Post
I'm listening to old club members panicking that their RHD converted cars from years ago and some have quiet a few sitting idle in sheds will have to have a VASS Club Permit Approval Certificate as well as a RWC. So I was concerned that my old 1975 Electra I'm gradually restoring might have to re-go another engineers report even though its a Chapel conversion.
It has given myself a bit of relief as I was having trouble trying to locate Vic Roads interpretation on the RHD conversions. thanks
I thought all conversions needed certification with the only exception those company's licenced to do conversions ( compliance plate)
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #72
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
I thought all conversions needed certification with the only exception those company's licenced to do conversions ( compliance plate)
The way I read it is if the car has been registered in Australia it does not need a VASS. But I’m thinking that some of the real older conversions I’ve seen have had no compliance plate at all on the car which might have been removed or never had one only paper work for engineering work carried out in the late 50’s to early 70’s. Some car collectors have so many that have sat around for over 40 years and the famous words ONE DAY that car will be on the road. Sadly time and health reasons force them to sell the cars for scrap or restoration. This might explain the concern because they cannot find the information on some of their cars. I found the old Chapel tag on the car I have on top of having the last Rego papers for it. ohttp://www.fordforums.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=87348&stc=1&d=14287470 64n the

Last edited by buickman; 17-05-2015 at 10:58 PM.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post