Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #31
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: GM stops production of the Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy950 View Post
Just looked on carsales and new $65k one with 568kms $42k.

Way too expensive. At $30k they may have worked here.

I paid $24k for a Focus trend and it averaged 7.1l/100km over 44000kms. There is no way a Volt would have saved me any money even if I never ran it on petrol.
Agree. However in other countries support electric cars with generous subsidies to make them more affordable.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #32
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Funnily enough the Tesla is still selling in record numbers.
the thing with tesla is, they didn't go out of their way to appeal to people's ego.

toyota and GM purposely designed the prius and volt to be recognisable as some hippie greenie car, and this appealed to all those that are that way inclined as they can then drive around looking down their nose at everyone else.

also, other makers of electric cars failed to figure out how to have an electric car and still make it exciting. it seemed like when you add an electric power unit, it just became super boring, like the leaf, and UP and whatever else is out there.

Tesla just made their cars look like normal sports cars. no statement in the looks or anything to really hint they are something different.

they are still super expensive though.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #33
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
they are still super expensive though.
Expensive yes, but in my opinion better value than a Merc or Beemer. If i had $150k+ to drop on a car it would be a Tesla Model S P85D.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #34
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Makes me wonder why they are bothering to do an all new one, which will go on sale next year?

I think Holden sold less than 50 here last year.
Well in this case the falcon is the winner. Its not advertised, neither is the volt, and the old falc outsold it.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post