Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default The Mustang may be what FORD need to improve the brand image

I work in insurance and had a few discussions with clients as to what their new cars will be once their leases run out and amazingly they have mentioned the MUSTANG V8 is on the top of their list .

Also some of the guys in the Motor Trade are changing from Holden Commodore Sedans and Wagons to Ford Rangers and also MUSTANG is on their list to purchase when they are released.

And to top it off even discussions with a few females after asked what new car they would like in the near future and their response is MUSTANG.

MUSTANG has a cult following still here in Australia and if FORD do it right they may just change their brand image.

Once that is changed then sales of their other cars in the range will increase too.

It is not too often I hear the above demand for a FORD so I am just hoping that maybe more people think this way about the MUSTANG and it could be a massive hit in Australia.

Just my thoughts and thought I would share

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
nstg8a

Default Re: The Mustang may be what FORD need to improve the brand image

Doesn't matter how good the mustang is, if they don't sort out the dealers they're doomed to stay low in the sales charts.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
nadojay

It certainly cant do any harm and from all ive heard from friends, colleagues and family, people are very excited about it. The Mustang has always been an aspirational vehicle for many, a car just out of reach in the past. Plus it doesnt seem to hold the "Ford bogan" stigma yet, although im sure that may change once the market is flooded and when/if Chevy bring the Camaro over.
nadojay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New from Roush, gee these things are mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXiDAynHrE
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
fordwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk74 View Post
What an animal!
fordwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Doesn't matter how good the mustang is, if they don't sort out the dealers they're doomed to stay low in the sales charts.
This. The dealers are probably the singular cause of the demise of the Ford brand in the eyes of the buying public. World class product won't do anything to remedy the dealer perception.

Oh and that Roush tickled 'stang sounds mental!!!
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
nadojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk74 View Post
Beast!!! and im really glad i ordered the side scoops and louvers
nadojay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #8
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Good to see roush putting out some fat numbers.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
We ordered one of the last F6s last year from a big Sydney Ford dealer. My wife and I both agreed that a trip to Coles to buy bread and milk would have been more exciting. The sales bloke that worked in the FPV department didn't even know about the 6/4 brembo option.........the FPV drive day.......he had to ask another salesman - he hadn't heard about it either........an absolute ****en disgrace, no other way to describe it. Front line salesman selling their premium products that knew absolutely **** all about the product. I could keep going but couldn't be bothered. FORD - sort your shyte out before some of your front line salesman start selling the Mustang.
Not all reps are bad. We spoke to Rob at FPV Parramatta who was THE benchmark where all frontline staff should be on their products. The man was amazing and would be worth his weight in gold for the Ford motor company. Unfortunately he couldn't source us an F6 so we had to deal with these other knuckle heads. I wouldn't walk back into that dealership to buy a dashmat let alone a car.......I'd swap brands over walking back into the dealership we bought our F6 from. Ford also knew the details of our experience after asking our feedback.........never even got a reply.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post