Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #61
gtfpv
GT

shouldnt say this but went to subway with my misses ( who is a size 10") in her early 30's there were a few 20 year olds with tights on and very good backsides there. so my misses didnt eat . i was spewing . bloody women .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #62
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I hate subway, why bother with a menu, they should just have a list of the pathetic ingredients they offer, you ask for a chicken teriyaki, the first thing you hear is, what bread roll, that one will do, and then , "what would you like on it" the same as the friggen board ya moron.

did I mention I hate subway.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #63
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I was really annoyed at subway but today it hit a new high. Some friends wanted to have lunch at another subway that had no computers, I said no but then thought I may get a $5 meal deal thing they run monday-sunday where each day is a different sub and you get a drink with it. We walk in and they say oh sorry we phased that out this week we don't do that anymore. I left more ИИИИed then I was and even my friends left saying what rort as they where all planning on that meal.

When I thought they couldnt screw us anymore they managed to find a way. To top it off that run a night time deal which Im assuming is to get more customers in for dinner then they will stop it once they have built up their night time base... ars3h*les
Old 20-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #64
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They used to be good.. But quality has gone in the last couple years when they got big over here.. It used to be such a dang awesome meal.

I've gone back to the local tuckshop if it's a lunch.. I might still go there if it's a dinner time thing though.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #65
Jake
Starter Motor

I must admit I have a footlong subway every few weeks or so.
Only because I get lazy and have nothing at home to eat

Usually have either the Tuna or Meatball version on wheat with 4 veggies on it, and sweet onion sauce. It does go down well, but maybe because I dont have it that regularly that it tastes good and I dont mind having it again in a few weeks?

Its certainly a better alternative than many of the other food chains, especially the veggie content.

Ive really gone to 4 subways only, one in Sydney and 3 up here. One in Benowa and I have tried two in Surfers. The ones in Surfers seemed very stingy with toppings, but the one I only go to now at Benowa is pretty cool, they seem fine with putting on whatever veggies you want on your sub.

At the end of the day the place is ok for a quick meal once in a while, but I wouldnt do it regularly.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 03:50 AM   #66
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I lernt years ago they are nothing more then a over price sald and ham roll joint as the cost more than you will pay fom a lunch bar and they are slow as hell as by the time you have gone thru what you want you may as well of made it your self ( I swear the people get paid by the hour)
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #67
Rollin
Banned

wazza...surprisingly they do get paid by the hour...

the subway near me has always been good, closed now for refurbishing....it sucks!

fave sub:

footlong turkey, ham and bacon melt on italian herb and cheese bread, old english cheese, capsicum, lettuce, tomato, olives, onion and thousand island sauce...damn, i shouldnt have started typing, im starving!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #68
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

YES, they be over-priced. However it fills me up and is alot quciker than ordering a pizza and a hell of alot cheaper to.
Mind you i live in the sticks, we have had our subway for like 6 months

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 03:42 AM   #69
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Subway are great except they're expensive and not filling. I have a foot long sub and I feel like I've just eaten some very, very tasty air... :

thats a ripper comment ! - i feel exactelly the same way - i ahve noticed alot of times too latelly that their rolls have been half stale , real crispy dry ends , and yeah i ate the chicken fillet 1's for ages and the fillets have got smaller to over time , subways suck now - like most take aways do ... as the old saying goes "wan't something done propper , u gotta do it yaself " ... too true .... and yeah the prices even since the start have been a tadd high , like at least 50% too high ! .. around $8 for a foot long sub .. some poor bastards have to work at least half an hour just to eat a roll !!! ( dudes who earn around $16 an hour ) ... thats just pathetic pricing.. :sm_headba
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 03:47 AM   #70
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
shouldnt say this but went to subway with my misses ( who is a size 10") in her early 30's there were a few 20 year olds with tights on and very good backsides there. so my misses didnt eat . i was spewing . bloody women .
ya killin me ...lmao .. omg ..lol :the_finge
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post