Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #11
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Why is it, after the first day of sending my apprentice who doesnt want the van on the train to do lighting checks on his own, he really enjoyed it? He was a bit disjointed when he was expecting a lift to the next site and i put him on the train, but when i rocked up on site to do the work on his list he was happy as larry. He had just put in his headphones and made his list. My manager and i have come up with a pitch to the boss for the boy to have the van on days its needed, and keep his travel allowance. On days he isnt running around the van sits at the office and he is on the train. On days the van is needed he can pick it up in his own time from the office and leave his car and get to site on time. Leave site on time and go get his car. Plus we can use him to do pick ups and drop offs to the other boys, and he is a lot cheaper then anyone else in a work car. That idea floats pretty well with everyone so far.
With greenhorn apprentices is it still allowed to send them to the storeroom or office for a
left handed screwdriver or a verbal agreement form or a tin of striped paint ...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post