Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
Has the news about a Danish study mask mask effectiveness on CoronaVirus reached downunder ?

I find it very interesting to do my google searches with before 1 Dec 2019 as a filter.
Looking up mask effectiveness, I came to a layman's conclusion that if those with symptoms wear masks, and those without wear gloves - this may well be better than what we have now.
Here is one article I hit: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...masks-flu.html
Not sure on gloves but I've seen shops asking people to take gloves off if they see someone wearing it. But when when I went through a car wash, the attendant gave me a glove

Masks are not fool proof. It only reduces the spread, it doesn't eliminate. The only proof you need is by looking at the societies that have successfully tackled major outbreaks.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Masks are not fool proof. It only reduces the spread, it doesn't eliminate. The only proof you need is by looking at the societies that have successfully tackled major outbreaks.
If entering a crowded area wear a mask, it doesnt need to be scientific, just do it because it cant hurt.

At work we have just gone back to allowing multiple people to travel in cars but you have to wear a mask.

But, in an office space we dont need to mask but adhere to the M^2 policy and distance measures. Still better than nothing.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Masks get a lot of mention in here but how many here carry a decent hand sanitiser in the car with them?.
Old 29-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Masks get a lot of mention in here but how many here carry a decent hand sanitiser in the car with them?.
from the moment it started and disposalable gloves, during our peak period even wore those gloves when filling up at the servo binned them when done and wear a mask when at shops......

Being a regular business traveller every single brief case has had small sanitiser being on planes, the worst germ carrier for me long before covid struck us.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #5
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I have a gel pack in my laptop bag. I only use it if I have to touch a surface on my journey.

Observing people on the train yesterday into CBD people are wearing masks, but then negate it by holding onto parts of the train interior and then inadvertently wiping their nose or rubbing their eyes whilst reading their devices.

It's not hard - don't touch anything and never touch your face

And immediately wash hands when you get to work.
Old 29-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
From what I have witnessed, I think most do. Just keep it out of sun light if you store it in the car.

Here is a neat little "trick". Try at your own risk. It works...pretty freaky to be honest.

Old 29-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #7
leesa

Quote:
I do, I also keep a spray bottle of metho/water to spray any parcels I'm suss about. I don't use it much now but vic/nsw were having outbreaks and I was spraying anything I'd bought from those states.

Old 29-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #8
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Have been doing it for years since travelling up the highways as some of those rest stops can be questionable for hygiene.
Think you will find most people these days are carrying masks and sanitisers in their vehicles. You be crazy if you were not.
Old 29-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Have been doing it for years since travelling up the highways as some of those rest stops can be questionable for hygiene.
Think you will find most people these days are carrying masks and sanitisers in their vehicles. You be crazy if you were not.
Hand sanitiser is used quite a bit around here, but only see 2-3 people wearing masks in shopping centres and supermarkets, granted they're not as packed here as capital cities though