Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
89 S-PACK

Unhappy help ea starting probs

ive got a 89 ea spack manual thats giving me probs. it wont start.

ive put in new leads\ plugs, coil, dizzy. and ive still got no ideas why it wont start. ive got power everywhere... but im getting no high tension spark.
its getting petrol and the comp works cos i put it in another mpoint ea and it started and drove with no probs. i even have had a spare dizzy hooked up and spun it by hand with a plug in the end of the king lead with the ignition on and still nothing. all what happens is the petrol pump primes ans u can hear the injectors firing and u can smell the petrol.

89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

is the relay clicking? starter turning over?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
89 S-PACK

yes.. the motor is turning over and all the injectors are cliking aswell
Old 07-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there's a fuse that can prevent it from starting if it's blown, look in the top line of the fuse panel it's a yellow one i think
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
89 S-PACK

all the fuseable links tested fine... same with all the relays. swapped them for one out of my sisters mpoint ea and no difference. and hers started with my relays in it
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
AmmoJammo
Banned

ignition module
AmmoJammo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #7
89 S-PACK

oh and all the fuses are the same... unblown... im not sure if eb runs the same loom though
Old 10-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #8
89 S-PACK

had the dizzy tested by an auto elec in ballarat and it was fine hot and cold.... plus the dizzy is only 2 months old cos i put in a brand new one in it
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #9
89 S-PACK

by the way it was intermittently stalling then starting was a issue but it would fire and keep going.... cos it did it at work and on the way home it died outside ballarat about 40ks from home and i had to get it towed... its been sitting there for about 2 weeks now... ive pulled all me hair out trying to figure it out. and to make issues worse the rego is due on the mole
Old 10-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #10
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

computer? MAP?

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
89 S-PACK

comp is fine put it in my sister mpoint ea and it ran and drove fine... same ith the map sensor
Old 11-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

someone must know whats wrong, i need an answer too because my mums is doing the exact same thing
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
89 S-PACK

mine fired for all of 10 secs ... 2day then wouldnt play the game again.. the only difference is the moles been sitting in the shed for a few days without being touched
so im thinking the coil is very dodgy.. so im gonna get it tested and if it is that im getting my money back for it and mounting a aftermarket setup in it.. cos BOSH is nothing but crap! ive fried 2 sets of leads in 12 months and they were the expensive bosh ones.. ive been using topgun since and no probs at all. and the dizzy is a aca which ive had tested and thats running fine in another car

but im just about to call the auto elec and pay him to fix it. but does anyone know of a good auto elec in ballarat???????
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #14
89 S-PACK

or in ararat???? cos i live in the middle... same distance to both
Old 13-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #15
89 S-PACK

Talking

i found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all it was the joiner behind the inlet manifold 4 wire plug.... one of the power wires are stuffed so ive just ot another loom and its in getting tested now so the car is running and making up for lost fun!
Old 15-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
frodg
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 S-PACK
i found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all it was the joiner behind the inlet manifold 4 wire plug.... one of the power wires are stuffed so ive just ot another loom and its in getting tested now so the car is running and making up for lost fun!
I'd really like to understand this a bit better - Could you rewrite this in English
I have the same starting problem.
Thanks
frodg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #17
89 S-PACK

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodg
I'd really like to understand this a bit better - Could you rewrite this in English
I have the same starting problem.
Thanks

i did write it in english!!!! YES I DID SO I WILL WRITE IT AGAIN!

what mine was doing was that it would intermittently stall when it wanted to but mine being manual i just clutch started when i was rolling.. i replaced the dizzy, coil, leads,plugs (all new out of the boxes with warrantees) and the auto elec had no idea unless i towed it to him... but all it turned out to be was the wires in the 4 wire plug behind the mpoint manifold and i had no clearance there to stuff around so i just got another loom for the motor off a early eb s-pack and it solved my probs. the car is booked in to get checked over on wednesday at the auto elec to fix anything else that is stuffed or dodgy
Old 17-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #18
89 S-PACK

but just sayin the wiring tends to rub agaist the inlet if it has fallen out of it retraining clips... so its probably a common problem... cos late ebs and eds run the loom higher probably because of this fault... but who can be stuffed or have the time to pull the dash off to change the entire loom???? not me! and all the connectors are different too and getting a good loom is a bit hit and miss cos some are allready butchered too far to use