Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2022, 05:13 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Push back against G7 zero-emissions target

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
No they buying off India which buys it off Australia…..
And as I said in an earlier post, China is also increasing domestic coal mining, up by 4 Million tons last year
Cool story bro:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/30/chin...continues.html

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/kor...021212309.html

Whoever stops buying Russian minerals, China will just take.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #32
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They will get all their resources from BRICS. Its done. BRICS are setting up their own financial system to decouple from the US dollar. BRICS includes both Russia and India, with plenty of other countries now knocking at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Every FTA we've ever signed has been at the cost of our own industries, so why even bother, with 'friends' like the virtue signalling EU (who had no qualms relying on Russian oil and gas), who needs enemies?
Just get it done! As long as it includes freedom of work and travel, I'm cool with it. Different FTAs will benefit different industries, it'll balance itself out I really miss those Euro adventures....although now might be bad timing.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2022, 06:26 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Just heard that we have a free trade agreement with the EU in negotiation, and we might get "sanctioned" for not achieving carbon emission targets wtf?

A FTA that includes sanctions before its even started.
Sounds pretty 'free'
Old 01-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
North Korea also has huge nice black coal reserves, and Russia has a lot of it too, three peas in a pod, they don't need our coal they just use it to buy influence in our democracy by the way of threatening to shut their huge wallet.

Our industry allowed itself to be caught in a monopsony through laziness and now its paying for it. I'm sure there's other countries (hello EU) who want our minerals, LNG, wine, fruit and vegetables that aren't China.
Yeah I was going to suggest replacing situation where we send 70% of the east coast's gas going to China while we freeze into sending 70% of the east coast's gas to EU while we freeze - since everyone seems to be picking sides.

Looks like we'll get sanctioned for that so send the 70% of the east coast's gas to the UK while we freeze, so they can onsend it to EU so they can be friends without sanctioning us, while we freeze.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:33 PM   #35
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco cozzo View Post
monopsony
+1,000,000
Old 01-07-2022, 06:36 PM   #36
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
They will get all their resources from BRICS. Its done. BRICS are setting up their own financial system to decouple from the US dollar. BRICS includes both Russia and India, with plenty of other countries now knocking at the door.
And this makes Australia super-important to the West, as we can supply it in our own parallel system. Commodities producers going to be super important and surely this is dawning on those in White House, Brussels, London, etc
Old 01-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #37
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
This TEDx presentation on E-Vehicles, Hybrids and ICE Vehicles by environmentalist activist Graham Conway is a good review of the reality versus propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1E8SQde5rk
That was brilliant.

I'm convinced the best thing we could do for the climate on these forums is to use cleaner fuels (ie, less carbons in the chain, ie ethanol/methanol/biodiesel) within our already existing technology.

The only thing he forgets to carbon-account for is the energy/Co2 required to produce the renewable generation, but otherwise, it's top notch, and the ICE/hybrid still has plenty of relevance.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
That’s because of the fall out with Australia, easiest option was to go back to mining coal themselves.
Funny though, a lot of our coal seems to be going to China via India…….
I was going to suggest it was to avoid buying our uranium, but i don’t even know if we actually sell it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator

Just get it done! As long as it includes freedom of work and travel, I'm cool with it. Different FTAs will benefit different industries, it'll balance itself out I really miss those Euro adventures....although now might be bad timing.
India is using the chinese yuan to pay for Russian oil. I’ll bet the US and all the other virtue signallers didn’t see that coming. They have basically circumvented the wests sanctions with minimal impact to their economy.

I wonder if the US is even concerned that china is trying to get the yuan to become the worlds reserve currency, or will they continue sticking their heads in the sand while their no 1 superpower status evaporates right in front of their eyes. Too concerned with pronouns, abortion and jan 6. You know, the real important stuff.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 01:42 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I was going to suggest it was to avoid buying our uranium, but i don’t even know if we actually sell it to them.
We were supplying to China, Russia France and UK but I suspect that was scaled back a few years ago…
Quote:

Our coal exporters found a clever work around that meant continued coal sales but not directly to China, it’s also face saving to them (China) so they maintain their shunning of buying coal from Australia. We still get the exports that China needs.
Quote:
India is using the chinese yuan to pay for Russian oil. I’ll bet the US and all the other virtue signallers didn’t see that coming. They have basically circumvented the wests sanctions with minimal impact to their economy.
The big one is stopping Russia’s gas sales, that’s worth way more to them.
If you look closely there’s lots of loopholes in the embargo’s that let some slip through, there’s a lot of counterbalancing going on to prevent shortages in the wider community, giving India some oil supply from Russia helps them without massive sales worldwide.
Quote:
I wonder if the US is even concerned that china is trying to get the yuan to become the worlds reserve currency, or will they continue sticking their heads in the sand while their no 1 superpower status evaporates right in front of their eyes. Too concerned with pronouns, abortion and jan 6. You know, the real important stuff.
China is actually teetering on the edge of a massive economic recession, they’re spending so much propping up their own economy that they risking a major collapse if the US goes into recession. You’re looking at the wrong metrics, what Biden is saying is for domestic consumption in an election year, China know where it’s bread is buttered, exports to USA and Europe, those are far more important than sucking up to Putin. China trying to thread the needle and benefit at the same time, I’d call it a wash.

Ukraine is the new Afghanistan….

Last edited by jpd80; 02-07-2022 at 01:50 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 04:18 PM   #40
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
"What Mr Toyoda is trying to say is that hybrids running with synthetic fuels are good for the environment because they are extremely fuel efficient,” Amari said.
50% of our fuel is Benzine already. will they go to 100%?
Old 02-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #41
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
Sounds like you're saying that in 1 litre of Petrol 50% of it is Benzene........
Old 03-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
Not so..
Quote:

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp72-c3.pdf

The typical composition of gasoline hydrocarbons (% volume) is as follows:
4-8% alkanes;
2-5% alkenes;
25-40% isoalkanes;
3-7% cycloalkanes;
l-4% cycloalkenes;
and 20-50% total aromatics (0.5-2.5% benzene) (IARC 1989).

Additives and blending agents are added to the hydrocarbon mixture to improve the performance and stability of gasoline (IARC 1989; Lane 1980).

These compounds include anti-knock agents, anti-oxidants, metal deactivators, lead scavengers, anti-rust agents, anti-icing agents, upper-cylinder lubricants, detergents, and dyes (IARC 1989; Lane 1980).

At the end of the production process, finished gasoline typically contains more than 150 separate compounds although as many as 1,000 compounds have been identified in some blends (Domask 1984; Mehlman 1990).
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #43
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Not so..
aromatic = benzene derivative
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2022, 09:15 PM   #44