Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Placey70
Starter Motor

Default DONT buy from Auto 8

DO NOT BUY AUTO 8
I’M WARNING ALL NOT TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEIR 5 YEAR WARRANTY IS JUNK. I bought a compressor, drier & TX valve totally just over $500 for my car & have had issues with it since day 1. 2 x 134a gas refills later the ac tech found it was leaking from the front plate & this is after 5 months. I contact them & they say take it off & return it so we can check it, I said I can't be without a car for that long as I work. Their reply was (we would need the part back here before we can send the replacement, alternatively you can purchase another one and we can refund when approved, before sending it back we will also need you will need to supply an invoice with an ABN and ARC license number on it, the invoice needs to include the TX valve and drier was replaced and a system flush of excess oil) these people are so dishonest, I would never buy a thing from these c**** again & I hope anyone who reads this doesn't either. (im a battler I live week to week monetary wise & they do this) I’m so upset. I'm going to get a second hand one now, which I should've done in the first place

Last edited by Placey70; 29-09-2022 at 11:10 AM.
Placey70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: DONT buy from Auto 8

Mate, they told you what you needed to do and you decided not to do it. Why should they send you a new one without checking the old one first. What if you lied and your one was perfect, they send you a new one for free?
Old 29-09-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
Placey70
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Mate, they told you what you needed to do and you decided not to do it. Why should they send you a new one without checking the old one first. What if you lied and your one was perfect, they send you a new one for free?
Why would I lie about something like that. (read other reviews on google)
I would’ve had to get it removed & sent back to them at my cost, then be without a car for whoever knows how long. they have now blocked me on EBay. I just want people to read reviews before buying, especially from these people at Auto 8 cheap Chinese crap rebadged.
Old 29-09-2022, 11:23 AM   #4
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

First of all, why would you log onto a Ford Forum when you own a Commodore? No need to answer as I already know what it will be.

I have bought a few items off Auto 8.

When I buy parts on line cheaply, I know that if something breaks, I have to send it back (at my cost) and put up with the possible issue of the car being off the road.

I've bought three alternators off them and had to send one back. Yeah, it was a hassle and they weren't the quickest to send one back but there were no arguments about sending one back after testing.

Go and buy a second hand one. If the compressor becomes shagged just rock back up to the wrecker without the part and see if they will blindly replace the part for you.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

It is an obligation to return faulty parts before you get replacement; never known any business to do otherwise.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2022, 12:22 PM   #6
bb_zetec

Ive never had a Wrecker replace a part, they always blame the installation or something else or say "it worked when it left here".

In my experience, wear and tear parts should be bought new where possible to avoid headache. Penny Wise, Pound Poor.....ive done it to myself recently and regretted it.
Got 2nd Hand and had to buy a new one soon after.

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2022, 12:46 PM   #7
Hulsty

Sounds like a fair and reasonable company, you are the problem.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2022, 01:55 PM   #8
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel for you, as far as time off the road is concerned, but the company is doing the correct thing.

If you had gone directly to a local repairer & let him supply the parts & labour, it would be up to him to repair everything at no cost under his warranty, in a timely manner, so you're not off the road too long. Sure it would cost more initially, but you're fully covered warranty-wise. Now look, it going to cost you even more again !!

I've been the auto repair business (including a/cond) for over 4 decades & the cause of your leak may not have been correctly diagnosed. When you say "front plate", I assume you mean from behind the clutch pulley at the front of the compressor. If this is leaking then they will most likely replace the compressor.

The problem is, there are several reasons why it would leak from that spot & some are related to other parts of the system. The cheap compressor may not be all that "sh!t" & the problem may re-occur if not fitted & diagnosed correctly.

This what happens when the owner sources the parts themselves to save some $$$, but it all goes up the creek when something goes wrong. You supplied the part to the repairer, so you have to handle the warranty.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2022, 02:29 PM   #9
Placey70
Starter Motor

All I will say is good luck with purchasing from Auto 8. I just wanted to share my experience with them, right or wrong. Also before buying from them, just do a quick google search of reviews.
Thank all of you for your replies.
Paul
Old 29-09-2022, 04:42 PM   #10
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Have heard of many new compressors leaking after having fine metal fragments through the system after the old compressor failed.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: