Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Audio Editing

Ok here we go people. What im wanting to do is get some sort of audio program. What i want to do is kind of attempt at making remixs if ya know wat i mean. Im wondering if anyone else has ever attempted this kinda stuff, wether it was hard or if anyone knows how to do it like a tutorial or something
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I use Sony Soundforge, dunno if its what you want though.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea i was thinkin of 'getting' that, what do you use that for?? atm im 'obtaining' adobe audition i dont know wat that will be like??
Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

dont know it they willhelp or not but i tried fruityloops but that has alot of stuff where you can make beats and stuff with different instruments
theres also audacity....alot of beat boxers use itas alot of it is used for mic recordings etc, but you can also import wav and midi files and theres also editing and chopping capabilities, but like i said im not sure i its what your liooking for.

btw both progs can be found through ares p2p and i presume most file sharing progs

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

Virtual DJ is an excellent program, i can send u a "demo" if u want
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

ive used both soundforge and fruityloops and they are great programs for sound editing. also, acid (i think its tied in with soundforge since they are both made by sony) is really good for creating remix-like loops and whatnot

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
big_pete
Sublime

acid Pro is good to remix sounds/songs, you can chop them up and rearange and things like that
Sound Forge is good to record your own sounds and edit other sounds.
Fruity loops is hard to get used to but allows you to add samples, loops, and create your own songs from scratch.
there are a large number of these programs. its just a matter of finding one that you can understand
Old 08-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea but does anyone know if theres some way i can kind of seperate the actual singing from the background music. Thats wat im after
Old 08-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #9
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8 Guy
yea i was thinkin of 'getting' that, what do you use that for?? atm im 'obtaining' adobe audition i dont know wat that will be like??
Yes, I 'obtained' a copy too, I just use it for trimming down mp3's but it has plenty of other features I dont use
Old 08-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #10
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
I use Sony Soundforge, dunno if its what you want though.
You mean Sonic Foundry Sound Forge?

Yeah, I highly recommend it.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #11
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
You mean Sonic Foundry Sound Forge?

Yeah, I highly recommend it.
No, I mean Sony soundforge, it says Sony when I open it and I can read. I think Sony brought Sonic Foundry and the latest version is Sony branded

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...orgefamily.asp
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #12
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
No, I mean Sony soundforge, it says Sony when I open it and I can read. I think Sony brought Sonic Foundry and the latest version is Sony branded

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...orgefamily.asp
interesting...
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #13
rodderz

I have used Sonic Foundry's Acid Pro for 2 CD's I have recorded songs for, works just like a multitrack recorder only it's unlimited with it's tracks (far as I know). Everything is editable, and you can put in samples and other beats etc to the track. I ended up using the drum tracks provided with it along with some downloaded beat fills and then playing the guitars, bass and vocals myself through a mixer and recording it direct
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:11 AM   #14
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Quote:
Yea but does anyone know if theres some way i can kind of seperate the actual singing from the background music. Thats wat im after
unfortunately i dont believe there is a way to do that without actually having the original seperate tracks used by the artists themselves. not as far as i know, anyway, im pretty sure there isnt a program that can distinguish between track layers and then seperate them?

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
big_pete
Sublime

it can be done, but its very hard i believe. i found an forum ages ago (sorry no link) that had heaps of info on the different programs and different techniques you can do to create music

do a search on google, u may find something
Old 09-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #16
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by champsky
dont know it they willhelp or not but i tried fruityloops but that has alot of stuff where you can make beats and stuff with different instruments
theres also audacity....alot of beat boxers use itas alot of it is used for mic recordings etc, but you can also import wav and midi files and theres also editing and chopping capabilities, but like i said im not sure i its what your liooking for.

btw both progs can be found through ares p2p and i presume most file sharing progs
they are the exact two programs I am using! Fruityloops has a heap of potential, but I didn't get into it. I use audacity as it runs on both the P4 and P1 computers at home........record live band work on P1 in the music room, transfer to P4, and than edit it to get the sound quality crisp. Voice can be recorded over the top easily as well!
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #17
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I have a link for that but like Big Pete said, its very difficult to do.

Try this as one technique to get you where you want.

http://4trak.net/dsico/index.php?p=82

I'd almost recommend doing a search on mashup sites or p2p'ing for accapella's/instrumentals.

At home I have obtained these programs:
-Cool Audio Pro 2 (very good)
- SoundForge
- Fruity Loops to name a few.

Its quite amusing and basic but I and a mate even used Music 2000(pc and ps2) to make music. We're into Hardcore techno/Gabber/dnb amongst other stuff and I wanna get more into these programs but tutorials and lack of people who I know that make music make it really tough to do.

Reason is another program I've been trying to um...get a copy of but its like a gig+ on bittorrent and the connection is pi$$weak. When my adsl gets bumped to 1500/sec I'll give it another go :evil3:

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #18
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Fruityloops has a heap of potential, but I didn't get into it.
It sucks that finding info on how to use these programs is so difficult. You really gotta be in music design or have someone who can teach you coz imo its a steep learning curve.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #19
big_pete
Sublime

yeah i found fruity loops really hard to understand and work, but i finally got some sort of grip on it, enough to make my own song (very crap one tho!)

good luck
Old 10-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #20
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I use Sonic Foundry, Acoustica, DCArt32 and Anvil Studio. They all take a bit of getting used to but Anvil does a reasonable job of extracting vocals out of sound tracks without a great deal of knowledge required. It's hard to get hold of these days but worth the effort.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #21
oneredED
need more boost

I use a combination of Goldwave and Dance Ejay to do my stuff. DE is pretty crap, but it does the job. Goldwave however is pretty mad, you can play with the wave-form itself and do heaps of cool shit like flange and phase, stereo swells etc etc...
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post