Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #31
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I'm sick of spare parts game.

If your not on commission who gives a stuff. If I was getting paid the same amount no matter what i'm happy to go through the motions as per guidelines and standard procedure.

That said it is frustrating and I can sympathise with you their. Frontline customer service, that's how it is.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #32
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I spent 44 years in Spare Parts selling parts for over 26 different franchises.
I can honestly say that the worst customers are mechanics. They say " give me one for a (fill in anything) and you tell them that they are different, they then say " bullshit I have fitted them, ALL THE SAME" then, 2 hours later and they bring them back and tell you that you gave them the wrong one.

There are the ladies that come to buy parts for hubby or boyfriend and have been given SFA info as to what they want and the poor buggers feel awful, there are a lot of idiots blokes at home.... :(

The one thing that has gotten worse over the last 30 years though is customers whose maybe 3rd of 4th language is busted **** English and they bring 10 yr old kids to interpret for them. These kids have enough trouble understanding the words you ask them in English let alone know how to translate it into the language their parents know.

Spare parts will be a thing of past one day soon, cars will be throw-away and they won't need spares.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #33
XW-BAXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
Worked in spare parts for 7 years, felt like 20 years.
Had a middle aged women who seemed perfectly normal come in asking for parts for her Fairmont Ghia, I asked her what year bit she wasn't sure but said she bought it new around 2000.
I said no problem I will go outside and see what it is.
I came back and told her there were no Fairmont Ghia"s in the car park, she panicked and went out side and pointed to her car and said "thats my car there, why didn't you see it?"
I politely told her her car was a KH Ford Laser Ghia, she could not believe it.
This thread made me lol, but the balded part above made me wake up my next door neighbor middle of the night lol

Im glad im familiar with my parts when i go to my local spare parts shop, always make sure that im asking for the right part, reasons: 1) hate to be looking like a complete tool. 2) dont like going back waste of time after realizing an error etc.

Guess some people are either lazy / careless or to over confident with them self's! My 2 cent.

Nick.

Last edited by XW-BAXR6T; 10-12-2013 at 02:07 AM.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
TheAussieStig30

We have a computer now, only had it about 2 years, and it's pretty ordinary getting answers from (OSCAR for those who know). Used to open a catalogue, go to Lancer, pick an engine size, then pick bits from a few generations of engine and let them pick the part, if it's wrong, bring it back with more info and the old part. Now, you don't even get a start until you put the year model in.

I remember not so long ago, a lady had a Mitsubishi lancer, 2008 model, needed struts. 2 types, obviously, as always. She said it has ES on the boot. Ok, I go look at it, vin number has ES, too. By the info everywhere, it should be a CH from memory. CH wasn't mentioned on the car, anywhere. Model and vin prefix was ES. luckily he pulled the struts and got measurements and we got the correct ones, but it's easy to make a very expensive mistake very easily.

Yes, I whole heartedly agree the 'best price' line gets my guard up. I don't think I've ever asked for a discount on day to day things, you don't walk into woolies or Coles and say I'd like this bread and butter, can you do a discount, or to the pub and ask for a discount on your beer. We offer NRMA discount, seniors discount, trade discount, plus honor competitors vouchers, plus if someone is rebuilding a motor, or a car, we get to know them and look after them on freight, or do trade price as we don't have customer loyalty cards. I can almost guarantee in 8/10 times, our sticker price is cheaper than our competitors, what more do you want!! Whinge about the price of a $2 globe that you buy once every 5 years, but go to the pub and drink 14 schooners and buy a packet of darts and not even flinch....

A sales rep told me (not typical sales rep bullshit either, a good friend) that a guy went into Repco at Gosford for some globes. One was $2.50 and they had none until the next days order arrived. Too dear. Bought the others, left that, drove to Tuggerah at Bursons, a good 15min trip, and asked for the other globe, it was $2.80. They wouldn't match/beat repco, so he drives back to repco at Gosford and pays for the $2.50 one. Now, seriously, this happened. Do we actually want someone as daft as that sharing our roads with us!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #35
TheAussieStig30

Papa Smurf, holy crap I read the new posts and missed yours.

Yes. To all your points.

Holden rodeo 3.2L RA timing belt kit. There 2 different tensioners. From memory, there's 15mm difference in them, they look identical and bolt up similarly, had a workshop order one, I'm in the book, on the computer, I tell him there's 2 options 'bullshit, I'll get a genuine one' wait, wait, hold on, only the tensioner is different, I'll supply a kit and a spare tensioner. He did come back and say he'd never seen the other tensioner before, until he fitted it, and genuine had one listed and it would have been wrong. Haha.

I try not to tar women with the 'dumb female' brush, and you can tell its bloody frustrating for them when hubby says go and get a X for my car and she has no idea what his car is and that there would be so many X's. There are a few who test you, just through their own ignorance, Ghia wheel trims, is a good example. I can't think of anything off hand but there are a few.

Off shore interpreters in suppliers is what ***** me. Rang a bearing place and asked him to grab a diff kit for a 8 3/4 and measure a bearing for me. What's the part number? I dunno, you sell them, don't you have them listed? What car? It's in a model T. Oh, they didn't have that diff, you've id'd it wrong. No, mate, it's a hotrod, I need a bearing kit, but I need a bearing measured before I buy the kit. Find a part number scrabbling in a 40 year old book, Oh. How do I measure bearing? Don't worry, I'll call back.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
jamies

The worst customers are panel shops, they have prices dictated to them by the insurance company's. They want maximum discount to compete against non Genuine panels and secondhand. Panel shops are a lot of work big turnover for not a lot of gross.. Most shop owners I know are great blokes but acknowledge the industry is tough. I personally find mechanics easy to deal with, ask the right questions and alls sweet. I manage a big dept and actually enjoy meeting and dealing with all the different customers. I work for a great dealership, so in all the parts industry has been good to me.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Oh panel shops **** me. They call things the wrong things, expect you to get **** done yesterday when they weren't thorough enough to find the little things want you to drop absolutely everything just to take care of them regardless of how busy you are.

What gets me though. I'm in Ford parts and the amount of people that come in with AU-BF power steering hose leaks on the fitting wanting an O-Ring when it isn't going to fix their problem. 99 times out of 10 you'll take the end of the hose off when you're trying to remove the old fitting to attach the new one. Instead of the customer thanking you for the heads up, they arc up and have a go at you for trying to upsell them a new hose. I thought part of my job was to let people know what parts they will need with other parts and to let them know what they need to look out for.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Sometimes this goes both ways. I go to a parts store for a engine related part, Get asked what year it is and Ill tell them its a BA DOHC motor and they cant do anything without the exact year the cars from, I tell them 1993 Falcon and they will ask what transmission, tell them a 2spd Powerglide and peoples eyes roll or heads explode.

The Local guy at Burson's have lectured me about I must be wrong cos Barra's didn't come in ED's and it cant possibly be turbo.

By now I think I know most part numbers and the people at Supercheap let me use the computer to look part numbers up and order after they got a set of brake rotors wrong 3 times in a row.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

not the parts person issue, it's the way the system is, even the same model car can have running changes that ends up with different parts being used even on the same model. The car is referenced by it's vin number and going through a dealer and giving the correct data will in most cases mean getting the correct part to suit how it was produced

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
LukeGT
Melbourne, Victoria

I have been dealing with this for years in many aspects; s/hand spare parts retailer selling to trade and public, mechanic purchasing from wreckers, spare parts stores etc. and spare parts wholesales.

Firstly, some mechanics are no better than customers when it comes to knowing what part they want. I have been guilty of this myself.

Some spare parts people are fantastic, some are hopeless. I keep dealing with the good ones and don't waste my time with the others.

My two pet hates are;

1. Customers who self diagnose. "I need a transmission for my car". Sounds like you need an ECU. "Nope, definitely transmission". Okay. 1 week later customer comes back, "that transmission you supplied is doing the same as the last one, can I get my money back. Are you going to pay for the labour"...

2. Customers who have no mechanical knowledge that should be taking their cars to a mechanic and not buying parts and fixing themselves. Have seen a lot of stuff done to cars that is downright dangerous.

XB GT Restoration - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11281881

LukeGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
TheAussieStig30

Self diagnosis gets expensive. I had a customer with a AU2 with VCT having dramas, I said sounds like fuel pump. So far, leads, plugs, coil pack, crank angle sensor, fuel pressure reg, fuel filter, ECU, and I think a ignition barrel has been changed, still has the same fault. Fuel pump purchased Fri, problem fixed.

I really hate time wasters. A guy asks me for a price on extractors, then says that gumtree has a set of second hand ones with a red back exhaust for $300. I said just buy them. Oh, can't afford them just yet. Next he asks for a blower. Then asks about a gilmer, then a walbro pump, then ceramic pistons, then a roller cam. The guy had the **** out of his pants and no job. I told him to look on the Internet. Doesn't waste anyone's time that way.

Oh and just recently a really reputable firm for flash tunes got up my nose. I phoned and asked about a price for a tune for a BF 6 and was quoted 835 + GST plus freight. I told the customer to give him a ring and make sure it's exactly what he wants before he spends a lot of money and they sold it to him for $600 plus freight...
Old 10-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
Greggy
Starter Motor

Years ago I had a particularly irritating expert customer ring up wanting a part for his Niki. I can't remember what he needed but started off by asking the customer what colour his car was? He said, becoming impatient as he always did, "what the hell does that matter?" I convinced him that our Polish friends back at the factory actually built the cars in coloured batches and that different coloured cars had different parts fitted to them. He said his car was red. I said are you sure - it hasn't been repainted has it? How would I know he said? I told him to be absolutely sure he will have to pull out the back seat and see what colour the body is underneath. OK he said and hung up. About a half an hour later this guy rings back puffing and panting and tells me that the car is definitely red. Ok I said I've got the part you need here. One of my bosses was sitting behind me at his desk and had heard the whole thing. He was in tears. Customer came in picked up the part and was very happy. I even gave him a discount - he was chuffed! Customer service can take many different forms.
Greggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #43
Itsme
Experienced Member

I take the stuffed part to the store if I can, that way no argument from any one regarding what I want.

Years ago it was not uncommon for car manufacturers to substitute parts on the production line when shortages happened, had many interesting encounters with parts people over this issue.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #44
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

which is why the vin number will get the correct part ordered for the car

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

Good to see I'm not the only parts monkey on here. 7 years and counting.

I dont mind it but my pet hates are (in no particular order):

* Women who ring up asking for parts when they have no idea and you can hear the moron bloke in the background yelling out 'make sure its a good one' etc - well dufus get on the phone and ask for it yourself (which I have, and continue to say quite regularly).

* Centrelink bums coming in asking me for nitrous kits, coilovers for their Lancer, 'biggest amp you can get cos my subs are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx watts' etc - waste of my time.

* I am 27 and know my way around parts pretty well, especially if it's Falcon. I do 99% of parts enquiries at our store (100% of anything Ford) - yes I know what I am talking about, no don't call me son or champ or buddy - and no I don't care how you used to do it in 1983.

* Don't ask me to order a $400 part on the basis of you saying "yeh I'll come in and pay for it when I get a chance". In which case I will order it 'when I get a chance'.

* Yes you can have trade - the trade will be you give me money and I give you parts. You are not a mechanic, you are not anything automotive, so why would I discount it for you. I find 'imported" customers from a particular nation of cricket and curry enthusiasts to be the worst for this by far - want everything for nothing and would like it fitted too. Back of the line mate.

* I will price match - on the same part of the same brand. Not what you found at Supercheap that's really close and the bloke says it will do the same thing.

Sigh................got to go to work tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #46
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Not always. Oscar can't always differentiate between model spec levels, case in point is my Ranger. I have my VIN and rego saved on it so I can check it whenever I want but I still have to measure the discs on the front brakes to confirm I order the right part. VIN helps but actually seeing the car is the best way I find.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #47
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

MY favourite as a customer..

Me: i need a a brake light switch for my 1995 ford falcon (who hasn't bought one??)
Parts Guy: No problem, is it a 6 or a v8
Me: not that it makes a difference but a 6
Parts Guy: oh yeah it does make a difference

Get the switch on the back of the packet says "suits 6cyl and v8 models"

Well no ****....

Seriously there are some braindead ****** that work at parts stores think they know everything but don't know ****.
Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #48
creative
I am Batman

Try running a pub!

Give the general public alcohol and all common sense goes out the window!.... yeah, its my fault you did a bottle of vodka before you came out and now you cant walk...
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #49
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Just read the two pages , makes me real happy that i escaped the parts game in 1994.....there are better ways to make a living fellas...
OwnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #50
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTEMEL View Post
Just read the two pages , makes me real happy that i escaped the parts game in 1994.....there are better ways to make a living fellas...
As a kid who started as a parts storeman then moved up to a parts interpreter, promoted to parts rep.. Became an assistant manager and now I'm a Groups parts manager living in a magic part of oz.. So I disagree parts has been really good to me over the last twenty years.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #51
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub247 View Post
MY favourite as a customer..

Me: i need a a brake light switch for my 1995 ford falcon (who hasn't bought one??)
Parts Guy: No problem, is it a 6 or a v8
Me: not that it makes a difference but a 6
Parts Guy: oh yeah it does make a difference

Get the switch on the back of the packet says "suits 6cyl and v8 models"

Well no ****....

Seriously there are some braindead ****** that work at parts stores think they know everything but don't know ****.
Part number used to be E73Z-13480-A.. Things you remember after all these years ha ha ha.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #52
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

In the past I've sent my gf to get parts, usually when working on her car (read the entire comment before you demonise me for it). I always made a point of providing her with specific, detailed *written* instructions on which part I need i.e. make, model, year, vin, name of part & part number etc.
Often was disappointed by getting completely the wrong part.
I only did this when I was still working on the car and it needed to be fixed in a hurry so I didn't have time to make the trip to the parts store. I no longer do because of multiple disappointments and inconveniences caused by receiving the wrong parts.

** A good example is when I got a fuel pump instead of a fuel filter... I'm prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how they can get that one wrong when all the details are written on the piece of paper she gave them.
** Another is when I asked for the O ring that goes between the power steering pump and high pressure line on my old EB2... only for her to ring me saying they didn't know what I was talking about, they only sold the entire high pressure line. Went to my local (independent) auto store when they opened the next day and walked out within 3 minutes with the correct O ring - the parts manager offered it to me free of charge when I told him the story, even though it wasn't his store that stuffed up. I only shop there now, even if their prices tend to be a bit dearer, they have earned my loyalty.
Honestly, what kind of store employs somebody who doesn't know what an O ring is!?

I never gave the spare parts guys any grief for getting it wrong, I don't need to make myself feel important that way but I never returned to a store that stuffed me around.
Sorry for the essay, too much free time on my hands atm.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #53
TheAussieStig30

Psi pop, why the hell would you go to a shop that ordered the wrong rotors 3 times in a row and you have to use their computers to find the correct parts?

Those dummies are putting small shops out of business. I can see people with no knowledge of cars going in there because they know no better, but sometimes I shake my head when people walk in my shop and say 'supercheap don't have stock of an oil filter for a Patrol and want $15 freight to get it' and I grab it off my shelf at a cheaper price than them before freight, because they keep going back.

Classic example: a guy walks in and asks for a product, brake fluid, from memory. Makes the comment I hear a fair bit 'you know you're $x cheaper than supercheap?' No, I didn't, but thanks, it's good to know. 'Thats 5 items I've looked at there and found here cheaper, I've saved myself $x by coming in and checking here, nearly got burned a beauty on a 4wd battery'. Cheers, we try to keep our prices at a fair level, but we haven't changed any to beat them, we've never been in their shop, can I ask you something, if we've beaten them 5 times in a row on price, why do you go there first? And the reply, in all honesty, with no hesitation 'oh, well, they're cheaper'.

They're cheaper. After he just told me a battery, fan belt, brake fluid, brake pads and oil and filters were cheaper in my store, on a regular price, comparing the exactly same parts, brands, etc. they're cheaper.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #54
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

AussieStig, often the larger auto parts retailers are open more days of the week/longer hours... that was the only reason I ever went to any of those terrible places.
Usually they have a larger range of products too. Having said that, a lot of the stuff they stock is ****y crap accessories you don't need/I would never buy.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #55
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

let's see=
1. Suzuki parts, no VIN no parts. The catalogue has NO year models listed, they have ONLY parts that go by VIN and that is it. I had many bright lights phone me up and ask for a price on a part for, lets say a 2008 Vitara and I asked for his VIN, he said what the ******* for and I said, if you want the right part I need your VIN as there are different ones, no there f***en isn't they are all the same, I say no and phone me back when you have the VIN then, he asks how much would the part be, I tell him somewhere between $100.00 and $250.00 so he hangs up.

2. Alfa and Fiat require VIN and 95% of the time people have that info when they come to get parts.

3. Falcon and Holden are thought of as a dinky toy and so don't need all that BS but, they do. A couple of years back, a bloke with a TF Cortina came in to get a Tappet Cover, I said we didn't have one but he said they are the same as an XD so would I have one for that, I said yes they are and obviously I don't have one, he was pi**ed off.

I could fill pages with weird stuff I have seen over 40+ years but you would all die laughing.
I do know that a lot of Parts guys are not the best like mechanics and electricians and etc etc etc but, even when you do your best and have bent over backwards to help people, you are still a dick head because you didn't know some SMALL detail.

So, the next time anyone here goes to buy parts, just have the info and you will find that the bloke behind the counter will help you the best they can. It is in his best interest to do the BEST he can for you so you will come back and help pay his wages. Not all Parts blokes want to have a fight with customers to prove they are right, I got more satisfaction seeing dum dums come back and have to admit they were wrong cruel aren't I?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #56
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I saw this in my local repco many years ago. It's is still displayed today:

SPARE PARTSMAN'S LAMENT

I work behind the counter of a parts and accessories store.
Sometimes I'm called a genius, sometimes I'm called lots more.
I'm just a simple parts man, but when a job goes sick,
The "experts" come to me and ask "What makes this thing tick ?"
I'm supposed to know the numbers of valves and bolts and gears;
on every product that been made for more than fourty years.
Mind reader and magician, and handyman as well.
I'm supposed to be Edison plus Alexander Bell.
But life would be a pleasure and I'd smile from ear to ear,
if people just would tell me the MAKE, MODEL AND YEAR!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 11-12-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #57
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
In the past I've sent my gf to get parts, usually when working on her car (read the entire comment before you demonise me for it). I always made a point of providing her with specific, detailed *written* instructions on which part I need i.e. make, model, year, vin, name of part & part number etc.
Often was disappointed by getting completely the wrong part.
I only did this when I was still working on the car and it needed to be fixed in a hurry so I didn't have time to make the trip to the parts store. I no longer do because of multiple disappointments and inconveniences caused by receiving the wrong parts.

** A good example is when I got a fuel pump instead of a fuel filter... I'm prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how they can get that one wrong when all the details are written on the piece of paper she gave them.
** Another is when I asked for the O ring that goes between the power steering pump and high pressure line on my old EB2... only for her to ring me saying they didn't know what I was talking about, they only sold the entire high pressure line. Went to my local (independent) auto store when they opened the next day and walked out within 3 minutes with the correct O ring - the parts manager offered it to me free of charge when I told him the story, even though it wasn't his store that stuffed up. I only shop there now, even if their prices tend to be a bit dearer, they have earned my loyalty.
Honestly, what kind of store employs somebody who doesn't know what an O ring is!?

I never gave the spare parts guys any grief for getting it wrong, I don't need to make myself feel important that way but I never returned to a store that stuffed me around.
Sorry for the essay, too much free time on my hands atm.
On this side of the counter, no matter how much information is given to the missus they will always find a way to forget an important part or ask for the wrong thing anyway
Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #58
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

As I said, I wrote it all on a piece of paper so that argument is sort of irrelevant but I do see where you're coming from. I always down tools, clean the grease off my hands and go to the parts store now. It can be an annoyance but at least I know I'll get the right part first time.
I would never ask her to get complicated things any way, for her sake, not the parts supplier's.

I am very particular about my cars so believe me, all the details the parts supplier needs would be on that piece of paper. Maybe some people just can't read? lol
Old 11-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #59
swanee
spoolin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Not if the car is a Peugeot, Suzuki or Renault. We have those franchises on board and even with the VIN loaded... most of these cars will give you multiple options for one part. Whether it be VIN ranges, country, etc.

With Nissan parts. Any customer with an imported Skyline R32-R34 RB engine or a 200/Silvia SR engine will swear blindly that all parts will be the same. Built dates don't mean a thing, you are wrong, parts will fit, they are just the same.

With Ford parts... the worst customers are usually Taxi drivers.

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #60
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanee View Post
With Ford parts... the worst customers are usually Taxi drivers.
My taxi customers are my best customers. Bring me beer once a month for good service and even bought me a christmas present.