Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #31
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why are you selling your FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
I think people are selling them to buy Commodores!
Would be funny if it wasn't accurate. VF has scored a few sales to previously Ford owners.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #32
Vegetable

I hopefully will never need to sell my fpv. Im not even a fors fan boy its just so damn nice. Just ticked over 80ks today. I did see an awesome f6e on carsales im trying to convince my wife to buy.
Vegetable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #33
Ride
Stay Classy ™

When I bought the GT-E, I did contemplate buying the FGX XR8 instead but figured I'd be getting a better overall package with the FPV.

Kept both the GT-E and TS50 given the positive financial situation and no significant other to tell me otherwise. If I did end up in strife, I'd sell the GT-E first, only because I've grown attached to the TS50 and could never part with it.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #34
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm hoping alot of BF F6 Rspec owners are planning on upgrading to Mustangs so i can buy one.

Missed out on the perfect car 3 years ago because the bank screwed me around (Manual, Sunroof, and Leather) so the second i see one this time, not missing a beat.

I'm hoping i dont get put in a position where i need to sell the F6X, cause i always wanted both (the sedan and the territory). Currently have 3 cars, an Audi which is an interim car for the other half until old enough to drive the F6X (23atm) and my Calais International which wont ever be sold
Plan is for a newer (faster) Audi in a couple of years, then i get both the F6s (and the International will always be the fun car
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #35
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I'm hoping alot of BF F6 Rspec owners are planning on upgrading to Mustangs so i can buy one.

Missed out on the perfect car 3 years ago because the bank screwed me around (Manual, Sunroof, and Leather) so the second i see one this time, not missing a beat.

I'm hoping i dont get put in a position where i need to sell the F6X, cause i always wanted both (the sedan and the territory). Currently have 3 cars, an Audi which is an interim car for the other half until old enough to drive the F6X (23atm) and my Calais International which wont ever be sold
Plan is for a newer (faster) Audi in a couple of years, then i get both the F6s (and the International will always be the fun car
Seen a couple of force 6's for sale recently. Thats the ticket there i reckon

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 02:59 AM   #36
furiousgibbon

I can't think of a single car that will be released from now that will give me the practicality, performance, modification potential, subtlety and exclusivity of the F6, with a manual gearbox. Which is a little depressing really because I love buying new cars. So you won't be seeing mine listed for a long time. A supercharged Mustang could replace it, but losing 2 doors and a seat and not getting much in return is a big ask. Eventually I might look at the used market for something exotic, but it would cost me and I've seen how some people look after cars, so I don't like buying used.

The Falcon isn't a particularly special car (it's pretty average really), but the FPV engines are bloody awesome and a RWD, 5 seat/4 door sedan with proper all round performance is soon going to be a thing of the past.

Why are there so many listed? Maybe people figure there is no better time with some people willing to pay above market value for a good one. Or maybe they want a new car with radar cruise control and blind spot notification because they're lazy and crap.
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 02:38 AM   #37
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1964 View Post
Good story Ryan hope you enjoy your FGX just wondering is there anything you miss about the F6 and what FPV parts are you referring to cheers mate
Rob surprisingly enough I had trouble obtaining genuine badges and a new shifter knob. As all Oweners of manuals know the knob/decals turn to s&$t if left in sun etc. I purchased the car second hand and this being one of the areas I wanted to tidy up. I had to supply my vin and then also write a letter as to why I required those replacement parts.

What do I miss? The F6 felt fast really fast the XR8 doesn't have that rush so to speak but it's fast you just have to look at the speedo to confirm its cranking along. I put it down to suspension. The suspension my my XR8 surpasses that of my Mk1 FG F6 it's like a comparison between day light and dark!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #38
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Seen a couple of force 6's for sale recently. Thats the ticket there i reckon
I've checked them out when i've seen them, but not really a fan of their look. Only Ford model i'm interested in is a BF F6 Rspec, otherwise i'll just spend the extra 30,000ish on an RS6/4 Audi
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #39
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Rspec sticker pack FTW. . . .
Old 05-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #40
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I'm an old fart and I have three cars, two are Falcons - 1962 XL and 2007 BFII Ghia.

I really love the Ghia, the last of the Ghias. It has essentially the same engine and gearbox as the current Falcon except the gearbox was made in Germany.

I live in country NSW. Driving at 100km/h I get 7.8l/100kms. The premium sound is ipod compatible ($80 cable installed). Leather seats are soft and comfortable. Ride is refined and quiet.

I believe after this model Ford started to cheapen their cars.

I won't be selling this car. It is a keeper. But I am looking at getting an FGX ute with luxury pack next year.

I'll sell the XL before I sell the Ghia.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #41
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I put a sock over my gear knob even when driving. The sweat from your hand also causes the aluminium around the badge to loose its shine!! Sock actually polishes is as you drive along, keeps it looking like new!!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #42
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
I think people are selling them to buy Commodores!
Haha, you crack me up.

A quick check on Car Sales shows HSV's for sale out number FPV's by 3 to 1, and always has been.
And yes, I do know you were being sarcastic.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:21 PM   #43
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
I put a sock over my gear knob even when driving. The sweat from your hand also causes the aluminium around the badge to loose its shine!! Sock actually polishes is as you drive along, keeps it looking like new!!
I used one of those stubby coolers made from wet suit material. Worked a treat and the shifter knob would no longer burn your hand if the car was parked in the sun for any period of time. When I sold the car the FPV stubby cooler when't with!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 PM   #44
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Haha, you crack me up.

A quick check on Car Sales shows HSV's for sale out number FPV's by 3 to 1, and always has been.
And yes, I do know you were being sarcastic.
They also outsell them at least 3 to 1 from new too...so would make sense there's more of them for sale second hand...
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #45
Chopped
as in chopped

In twenty years these cars will be seen as old skool muscle cars (ie cool again) and some models will be highly sought after. The surviving unmodified versions the most sought after.
The usual stories of having owned one and wishing you had never sold it will re-emerge.

By then most electric vehicles will easily out perform them but none will have the drama of driving a V8, blown V8 or turbo 6.

(Thread mine this in 2035)

In saying all of that, these things are far from hitting bottom dollar yet. They'll just keep dropping as sellers get more desperate.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #46
GTP-814
love the quad cams

My sale wouldn't add to your numbers, as I sold my 6 YO BA 2004 GTP back in 2010 prior to the SC engine coming out, as I knew the retail price would drop. I got $30k at the time. (I wont mention what i had in between as this is not what this post is about) I am now waiting to see the mustang in real life before deciding on buying one
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #47
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
Its our hero car and every Ford enthusiast would want one and later this year Australian delivery becomes reality, and will be available at a fair price, cheaper than the XR8 and SS V Redline.
Hopefully supply wont be an issue for the V8 Mustang.
Not for all Ford fans. Mustang is a good 2 door 2 adult sports car based on falcon platform. But in it's current guise, is impractical for kids, and even then the back seat only takes 2 (I have 3). GT has always been my hero car (4 door, 5 seat, V8 etc), so the FPV version will do me just fine....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #48
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Only major financial problems would force me to sell. In fact if I could I'd buy another FPV I'd snap one up. Maybe the slower BF II Cobra this time, you know to get the milk. Lol

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #49
anolade
trigger happy

I sold mine 2011 gs ute cause no longer able to perform for what I need, sweet as ride but ground clearance was the killer now doing more hunting needed the 4wd
enhanced by team at Blue Power Racing Developments
Now sold off and no longer owns a ford
anolade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post