Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #32
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: This is total BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
and that's the crux of the debate...material effect.
You may not consider air pollution to be effecting you, others would strongly disagree.
You may not consider littering to be an issue, but others like me do. I am fed up with others disregarding my street, my neighborhood and my city by blatantly dropping litter, throwing cigarett butts out the car window or onto my verandah, litter, rubbish and pollution cause disease, respiratory issues even cancers that all have a material effect on me and my family, my community and fellow citizen.
So why cant we demand a clean environment, that inappropriate noise, smell or sightly pollution be banished from our lives.
And as these Apps and rules and regulations exist is proof that society is beginning to agree with me...finally.

JP
Suggest you move to another planet!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #33
xwgs302

I'm sure there are good intentions of having the app, but in saying that, some would abuse it.

Reminds me of years ago when 8 cops knocked on my door looking for my dad, suspected him of being the Arnott's extortionist...! My brother drove dads car around at the time and was dobbed in by someone that saw him planting the foot just after he filled up at the servo, as he always does! Rego got reported. That's it.
How someone could be that stupid to call crime stoppers on a whim made me crack up in front of them. They knew straight away they were onto a bum lead and their time wasted.
xwgs302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #34
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Sorry, I see by that Prius in your avatar that you're right into driving low pollution vehicles.

go have fun. Dob away
Where does it say in the rev head handbook that as a car enthusiast I have to accept filthy pigs from littering, that I have to stand by and watch as syringes get dropped in the streets or cyanide leached into our drinking water while alight cigarettes burn down the bush?

I don't believe it does and if it does in yours it's time for an update as much of the considerate world has moved on.

Nor does it state I must accept inequality, gender bias, lies or racism and I call that out too it would be easier with an APP.
Don't want to be on the end of an APP report, don't do what most consider immoral things

As for the non-prius, its a very well maintained, modern motored car that gets about 8 years to the tank.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #35
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Where does it say in the rev head handbook that as a car enthusiast I have to accept filthy pigs from littering, that I have to stand by and watch as syringes get dropped in the streets or cyanide leached into our drinking water while alight cigarettes burn down the bush?

I don't believe it does and if it does in yours it's time for an update as much of the considerate world has moved on.

Nor does it state I must accept inequality, gender bias, lies or racism and I call that out too it would be easier with an APP.
Don't want to be on the end of an APP report, don't do what most consider immoral things

As for the non-prius, its a very well maintained, modern motored car that gets about 8 years to the tank.

JP
Good for you. Lovely to meet someone so perfect that they are able to turn their obvious talents to helping others in the community achieve their lofty heights of perfection.

I sure that when you restored that old car you only ever did work in a suitable workshop and not in a residential area. I'm sure you only ever painted in a suitable booth. I'm sure you never used dangerous chemicals and I am equally sure you also disposed of them properly. I'm sure you have no hazardous chemicals stored in your home and have never done that. I'm sure you never made excessive noise working on it either.

Like I said, go for it. Dob away.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #36
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Good for you. Lovely to meet someone so perfect that they are able to turn their obvious talents to helping others in the community achieve their lofty heights of perfection.

I sure that when you restored that old car you only ever did work in a suitable workshop and not in a residential area. I'm sure you only ever painted in a suitable booth. I'm sure you never used dangerous chemicals and I am equally sure you also disposed of them properly. I'm sure you have no hazardous chemicals stored in your home and have never done that. I'm sure you never made excessive noise working on it either.

Yep all restored in my automotive workshop with appropriate safety equipment facilities and tools etc.
But I agree I am not perfect and dont meet the standards I would like to, but who does. what I do believe is I come closer to spending only my allocation of our resources on what I want by going without in other areas of my life.

do my choices and behavior offend or challenge you? because Im not sure where I have decreed that you too must act like me.

JP
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #37
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I don't get your problem. By your logic we shouldn't have any laws because lets face it no one is perfect. I gave up that argument in primary school.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #38
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Yep all restored in my automotive workshop with appropriate safety equipment facilities and tools etc.
But I agree I am not perfect and dont meet the standards I would like to, but who does. what I do believe is I come closer to spending only my allocation of our resources on what I want by going without in other areas of my life.

do my choices and behavior offend or challenge you? because Im not sure where I have decreed that you too must act like me.

JP
Never vented stuff into the atmosphere, picked up all the rubbish, complied with everything. Clearly you and the EPA app are destined to be together.

Use sparingly else you'll get a blister on da finger(s).
Old 28-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
You could probably report 1/2 of the people on this forum as most of us have some sort of mod to our cars that would see them fail a EPA test
If any of my cars got an EPA sticker, I would just hand the keys over and its their problem from now on, its easier that way
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #40
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Never vented stuff into the atmosphere, picked up all the rubbish, complied with everything. Clearly you and the EPA app are destined to be together.

Use sparingly else you'll get a blister on da finger(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000

JP
Read what I write before posting cheap, dont let your petty moral compass blind you to others statements. I am not perfect, Im first to admit this.
I however believe that anything we can do to make shaming those blatantly abusing societies trust easier is a good thing. Im pro APP and any other means to make my world better for all even you despite your cheap self.

JP
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 07:41 AM   #41
superyob
Banned

^^^This is what happens when the stormtroopers of the left lock horns with lawless hooligans...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #42
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

^ come on, give credit where credit is due, JP's plans extend beyond just hooligans
Old 28-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #43
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With a few tweaks I can see this app being Stasi approved:

Quote:
The Ministry for State Security (German: Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, MfS), commonly known as the Stasi (IPA: [ˈʃtaːziː]) (abbreviation German: Staatssicherheit, literally State Security), also State Security Service (German Staatssicherheitsdienst, SSD), was the official state security service of the German Democratic Republic (GDR), colloquially known as East Germany.

One of its main tasks was spying on the population, mainly through a vast network of citizens turned informants ..
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #44
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
You're totally right Michael.

When I rode motorcycles I had a bloke flick a cigarette butt out of his window that landed in my right eye - I pulled up besides him at the next set of lights and gave him a thorough ******* baking.

It bloody hurt and could have caused an accident as I was temporally blinded.

Cheers!
It would have been good if you could have tossed the cigarette butt back through his window,

wrapped in a brick

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #45
burnz
VFII SS UTE

years ago every rubbish bin had an ashtray, now they complain about butts around the bins.

years ago cars had ashtrays, now they complain about them being thrown out the window..
rocket science at it's best.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #46
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is not new, it has been around for decades in some form or another.
Ohh the angst

Camera phones CCTV and drones are here to stay so the members that make all those Stasi comments should follow cheaps advice and migrate to another planet. Dob? Hell yeah to the a%$#hole doing doughnuts in our court where 5 year olds play,
not that I like doing it or like the surveillance nation we live in.
Bill.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #47
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
This is not new, it has been around for decades in some form or another.
Ohh the angst

Camera phones CCTV and drones are here to stay so the members that make all those Stasi comments should follow cheaps advice and migrate to another planet. Dob? Hell yeah to the a%$#hole doing doughnuts in our court where 5 year olds play,
not that I like doing it or like the surveillance nation we live in.
Bill.
Except,

Someone doing burnouts next to a playground and being filmed is objective, verifiable, completely unbiased

Conversely,

You have a grudge against me (as an example), using the EPA app you report my car, this is a completely subjective situation, coloured by you based on your hidden agenda. Because of your malice I now have to prove myself innocent to the EPA.

In a fair world, misusing the app should allow me to litigate against the EPA and you, instead your privacy is protected. A classic Stasi situation.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 03:10 PM   #48
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how things people don't like are then randomly linked with Germany to supposedly bolster their point of view

Last edited by xxx000; 29-04-2015 at 03:32 PM.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #49
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

^you updated your comment and it makes even less sense now.

Stasi is not Nazi.

Last edited by cheap; 29-04-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 29-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #50
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think everyone is getting a bit hot and bothered by all this. Traditionally most of the anti social and stuff everyone else mentality is done by one of our many colourful varieties of bogan or in more recent times the sense of self importance known as management. If we ignore the latter group (identified by their choice of car and work clothes) we have the more commonly offending and generally acting offended bogan (identified by their choice of car and clothes - work optional). These people don't pay rego, don't comply with common community standards of behaviour, which for some reason always makes them angry and certainly don't pay fines. Many also don't work. An EPA fine is the last of their concerns.

On the other hand if people frustrated with this behaviour of the bogan class, feel at least a smidgen better by pressing a button and reporting them, no harm done.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 29-04-2015 at 03:23 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #51
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
This "dobbing" behaviour being encouraged by govco is deplorable and a crock-o-*****. They can stick their app where the sun doesn't shine.
This type of dobbing behavior has been encouraged by the Victorian government for the last 20 years, I beat the fine issued for littering since I was at work doing my duties while the alleged offense was supposedly happening in another part of the state but my daughter paid dearly when dobbed into the EPA for loud exhaust noise, proved to be legal but testing costs was a premium with much inconvenience to us.

Mind you once the car is checked by the EPA it stays on their watch list as it is recorded regardless who owns it even if it sold.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #52
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

^ point proven !
Old 29-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #53
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Relax cheap we don't know your rego or name and you are drawing one long bow by suggesting someone would maliciously dob you in.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #54
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Relax cheap we don't know your rego or name and you are drawing one long bow by suggesting someone would maliciously dob you in.
Not that long a bow

JP
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #55
qdda5

Talking Re: This is total BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
bloody hell, I'd be embarrassed to admit it if I used such a pathetic app.
You might say you like a nice exhaust note but that's what will be reported by these app users.
I hope your Turbo is all stock so you do don't get reported yourself.
Nah. Had to get rid of it. Kids kept throwing **** out the window, was blowing too much smoke and the holes i put in the exhaust made it too loud. Thought someone might dob me in. Lololol
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #56
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=qdda5;5382638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
bloody hell, I'd be embarrassed to admit it if I used such a pathetic app.
You might say you like a nice exhaust note but that's what will be reported by these app users.
I hope your Turbo is all stock so you do don't get reported yourself.[/QUOTE

Not embarrassed at all. Id recommend to anyone. The only people that are raising concerns are the idiots that do the wrong thing. If you dont throw crap from your car, dont drive an unroadworthy car and dont have a car that sounds like a piece of crap then you have nothing to worry about.
My question to you is ' Which category do fall into'??
You do know that with the decreased legal noise limit, that a completely stock Phase 3 would be done for excessive noise. Some people dislike any car louder than a stock Corolla, and will do anything to have them removed from the roads.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #57
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdda5 View Post
You dont get it do you. I have better things to do than capture this detail but how many times have you seen someone doing the wrong thing and couldnt do a thing about it. People dont care. They drop there crap on the side of the road and expect others to clean it up. I would love to get footage of that and have it used against them. Stupid stuff that people do with no regard to others is what annoys me the most. Anything to catch them. Hell yeah. That makes me very happy.
If we were being asked to dob in someone for serious crimes I’d fully support such an initiative.

In this case we are talking about pettiness, the infringement of laws that may irritate and are often perpetrated by selfish uncaring individuals but in the scheme of things don’t rate with the environmental destruction governments allow the corporate world to escape scot-free from.

A bit of perspective is needed, this app is designed to use you as a government pawn to give the impression they are being proactive when in fact they are targeting the easy marks and it will have little to no impact on noise or environmental pollution.

I often see things I believe are selfish but I have a life, a happy one and it doesn’t include being an avenger of all things that get up my nose.

I’ll leave the dobbing to those people who have a need to take petty revenge on strangers or those who are so unhappy with their lot they need to even the score and are on the look out to persecute and inflict misery in a bid to make themselves feel the better for it.

The day I’m not allowed to hear a hot Cleveland pecolate down the street because some biddy believes it brings fire and brimstone will be a sad day for me.

The only argument I see that would have any strength is the need to stop people flicking cigarettes out their windows that may cause bushfires but in all honesty I don’t see this app ever becoming close to being the solution for that type of behaviour.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #58
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate this stupid world, all these stupid apps and facebook full of people dobbing in other people for things when we are all human and do stupid stuff.
Isn't it considered unaustralian to be a rat.
Live and let live you f@g^ts
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #59
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Isn't it considered unaustralian to be a rat.
I was going to add something similar to this in my post but when I thought about I wasn’t sure anymore.

I know it was once the case but these days there are so many people looking for blame in others and your example of some of the silliness on Facebook points to that.

People have forgotten the first goal in life is to be happy and you don’t get to many second chances at it.

A live and let live approach is a good start to achieving that happiness.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #60
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Except,

Someone doing burnouts next to a playground and being filmed is objective, verifiable, completely unbiased

Conversely,

You have a grudge against me (as an example), using the EPA app you report my car, this is a completely subjective situation, coloured by you based on your hidden agenda. Because of your malice I now have to prove myself innocent to the EPA.

In a fair world, misusing the app should allow me to litigate against the EPA and you, instead your privacy is protected. A classic Stasi situation.
No.
In a fair world if you were maligned unfairly then you would be cleared and not out of pocket. Leave that litigation garbage for those in the USA.