Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Whopper
07Fiesta

Default Silent recall on manual Fiesta???

G'day All,

About 2 weeks ago, i started to hear a noise from the clutch. It sounds like a faulty spring. Because it happened on and off, i did not take her to Ford until last week. I always dislike it how you try to explain something, when you can't let them listen to the problem. But apparently, there is a recall out for something involving the clutch.

Anybody else had this problem with the clutch???.

Regards,

Rob

Old 20-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmmm a new FREE clutch.. now that would be awesum hahahahahaha

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What clutch?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

They replaced the spring on mine last time it was in. Can't say I noticed any difference.
Old 20-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ive had a clutch slave cylinder go on me. Fixed by Ford
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Whopper
07Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Ive had a clutch slave cylinder go on me. Fixed by Ford
Hi,

I believe that is what they told me the recall was for. Maybe it would have lasted, if i would drive my age .

Rob
Old 20-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
norm999

The recall i believe is a clip that holds the clutch pedal.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
Lplus

There's been a recall in the UK to add a small spring retaining washer that is intended to prevent the clutch cylinder piston rod eye coming off the pin on the clutch pedal arm. Personally I couldn't see how the rod could get to an angle where it could get off the pin, but there you are. It was a 10 second job.

The clutch return spring on mine makes a noise as the pedal is raised. I think it's just a lack of lubrication, or the bit of the clutch pedal arm that the spring hooks round is rough.
Lplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know the recall bulletin number ? so I can get my service department to believe me ? thanks
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
Whopper
07Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Anyone know the recall bulletin number ? so I can get my service department to believe me ? thanks
Hi,

Your car might not be involved in the recall. My car's recall showed up on the computer when they checked.

Regards,

Rob
Old 06-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
Nappa
Impressive...

got my GF's LX serviced yesterday, its a 2005 September build. The clutch has been starting to squeak and also felt a bit loose, after they replaced a clip it feels much better.
Old 22-07-2007, 03:21 AM   #12
Sonia

I had a 2005 WP and it had the same clutch issues, but I was lead to believe that I was the first.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia
I had a 2005 WP and it had the same clutch issues, but I was lead to believe that I was the first.
Ditto.

I got the old 'Noise? What noise?' until it went for service 10 days ago and the part was replaced.
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
Haemophiliac

I had this problem too, came right off the arm, good thing it was just in my garage cose i couldnt get the clutch in lol.

fixed it myself with a whole packet of gripping washers, dodge but it does the job
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Adsy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemophiliac
I had this problem too, came right off the arm, good thing it was just in my garage cose i couldnt get the clutch in lol.

fixed it myself with a whole packet of gripping washers, dodge but it does the job
Sorry to dig this up from the dead, but are you saying the plastic end of the clutch cable, came off of the metal pin on the clutch pedal?

thats what my car (04 WP Zetec) did this morning at 5am!
I manged to start it in gear and get the 200m back home. I had a look this arvo once i got home and yeah the end of the cable was off the pedal, popped it back on, and it just slides back off when you depress the pedal in... I rotated the plastic end 180Deg and it now stays on.. BUT there is nothing to hold it on! What an oversight in design!!

Anyway, could somebody who has had theres fixed as part of the recall please take a pic of what they (Ford) have done to stop the cable coming off the pedal.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post