Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Skotty
Banned

Default Studio 2000

Hey guys....

well, I don't know where to start.. and im not pregnant doging for once! o.O I'm really impressed however with studio 2000.... Yesterday my partner and I went and had studio 2000 photos taken and I would highly reccomend them you anyone who wants photos...

We just took in a bunch of random stuff to wear, the stylest picked and chose what to wear, then we went to the makeup artist who done Kayla's makeup and speed a good 40 min on it, curling her hair (apperantly hard because of how long her hair is, about 1/4 - 1/2 down her back), then makeup, and with me they done some makeup and gelled my hair...

then the photogropher does his work, and OMG what fun!!!! very enjoyable they took I think 2 diffrent couple posses per outfit and we had 3 outfits to wear... then 1 single photo per outfit...

Alltho these photos arent cheap im still getting them i'm going to opt out for the $2,300 package which includes 3x A3 portrats, 3x A4, mini album, and a big portfolio style album, plus a extra $200 for a photo cd with all of yesterdays photos ideal for myspace or email they say... but cant be printed?

So yeah im wrapped I just wanna know if I can get the photo's copyd they'd look awesome if I could... blown up for the old for x-mas... otherwise its liek $300 for a large print VS $150 blown up and frammed at fugi photoplus at tee tree plus....

Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think you'll find that the studio owns the pictures. If you want enlargements/reprints, you have to go back to them.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

You paid HOW MUCH?

Hey look, I've got this neat bridge in Syd thats I can let you have really cheap!
Old 20-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Skotty
Banned

eh i guess even if it is $300 for a elargment its work it to see the perants when they get them... and yeah I paying 2.3k which could get me a nice EB/ED lol considering I dont even have a car :P....

but yeah whats funny is that my gf is 17, and when we select the pics we want her mum has to come with her, yet they asked is if we wanted to get changed together I see that being funny
Old 20-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Is that price cash or finance?
Old 20-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

The prices they are charging seem to be extremely expensive - especially for images inteded for personal use only.
I suspect that the additional costing involved covers things like the stylist / makeup / hair artists etc as well as the photographers setup and time. The price you have paid is more for the experience, rather then just the end prints.
But if you are happy with the results, and happy to pay that price then hey - it was well worth it.
In regards to reproducing the images - unless your agreement with studio 2000 includes transfer of copyright ownership (rare) then you will need to obtain their permission to reproduce them / use them for other purposes.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Skotty
Banned

paying cash...

Yeah the cost would be for wulos said sa the sittings are cheap (and well my partner won ours in a raffel lol)
Old 20-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
5L
[ 5L ]

are you paying all of it skotty, or going half with your g/f.

lol i reckon i would of brought a car instead.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

It can be done cheaper, look at the quality of this budget portfolio:

http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/200...ls-photos.html
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
It can be done cheaper, look at the quality of this budget portfolio:

http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/200...ls-photos.html
Ah yes. The Redneck photo studios
Old 20-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
are you paying all of it skotty, or going half with your g/f.

lol i reckon i would of brought a car instead.
Shane mate, do it myslef...

Whey get a car :p thats why I go on crusies with you bud :P... lol only person i been on a cruise with that plays hilltop hoods in the car haha...
Old 20-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I went to studio 2000, wife got the make-up, I assured them no amount of make-up would improve "Classic Bastard", we jaunted around while a crack smoker took photos, photos came back, I bought none of them, they cried, i laughed. I love winning free photo shoots.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #13
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I went to studio 2000, wife got the make-up, I assured them no amount of make-up would improve "Classic Bastard", we jaunted around while a crack smoker took photos, photos came back, I bought none of them, they cried, i laughed. I love winning free photo shoots.
My sister did the same thing twice (won two sittings)

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Studio 2000 tried it on with us. Wife and I went to their Adelaide studio and got pampered (well, Mrs Frog did) and lots of pics taken. Heaps of "Would you like a coffee/mint/anything at all?". Really big suck up job.

When we went to view the photos they weren't really anything spectacular. I have seen identical photographs from Mrs Frog's Matron of Honour (whom I went to school with and who has done a photography course at TAFE). When they quoted $150 (that's one hundred and fifty dollars) for one 6x4 snapshot and I quite politely declined further offers, finance, packages, and all, they couldn't quite get us out quickly enough! AND, as stated by previous posters, THEY keep the negatives and copyright of the pics.

Studio 2000 was last year in the current affairs shows for ripping people off in this way. You'd do FAR better to use your own digital camera and a nice location, or let your fingers do the walking.
Old 20-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
Skotty
Banned

well even the photogropher said to me yesterday most of it comes down to the touchup at the end of it...

I guess if your good with a digital camera and photoshop your set lol...
Old 20-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #16
Kyl3
Circlework.com.au

Holy hell you paid a hell of a lot!

Wulos, go you halves and we'll set up something like this..should be a good profit business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #17
rodderz

Jeez our wedding photo's costed just over $1000, this covered 5 hours of hire of 2 photographer's (wife and husband), going from ceremony to photo locations, to reception, doing a quick slideshow CD for the reception including screen and projector hire, a CD of ALL the photo's, then we got 3 free 10 x 8" enlargements and 150 normal size prints in photo's, for the missus to do her own album.

Photo's came out a treat, we were very happy considering other quotes we got were over double that
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyl3

Wulos, go you halves and we'll set up something like this..should be a good profit business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn straight on that one!!!!
Old 20-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #19
Skotty
Banned

I view the photos next saturday before I choose which ones I wanna puchese... if they are i wont for any simple... but yeah I think they will be good because of some of the intresting poses...
Old 21-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
I view the photos next saturday before I choose which ones I wanna puchese... if they are i wont for any simple... but yeah I think they will be good because of some of the intresting poses...
Aren't those kind of photographs normally taken in the comfort of your own home??

TIC!!
Old 22-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #21
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogInASock
Aren't those kind of photographs normally taken in the comfort of your own home??

TIC!!
LMAO! and on the webcam
:
Old 22-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #22
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyl3

Hee hee ... it's amazing what people charge Kyle.
I have been looking into this lucrative area myself.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #23
Skotty
Banned

Well guys, today I went into studio 2000 and had the viewing of the pictures I had done last week of my partner and I, and I was impressed!

All tho I spending alot more than I anticipated, all up the bundle that I chose to go for came to a grand total of $4,600....
Old 26-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Holy %$#&!!

Please tell me you did'nt use their finance to pay for them.
Old 26-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #25
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Bugger...

I think I need more sleep.
Old 26-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
Well guys, today I went into studio 2000 and had the viewing of the pictures I had done last week of my partner and I, and I was impressed!

All tho I spending alot more than I anticipated, all up the bundle that I chose to go for came to a grand total of $4,600....
Come on, it's not April 1st
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #27
Skotty
Banned

neg, no fiance they don't offer it... and even if they did, i wouldn't be *that* stupid alltho, that could be debatable
Old 26-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
HLC
Audi S3

holy mother of god. =|

let's hope your missus doesnt break up with you anytime soon hey.
Old 26-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #29
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
holy mother of god. =|

let's hope your missus doesnt break up with you anytime soon hey.
Shouldn't... I might post up a snap of 2 when i pick them up...
Old 26-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
wulos
Forum Director

That pricing is WAAAAY over the top.