Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default Opinions please - living at the Sunshine Coast

Hi all

My lovely fiancee and I have entertained the idea of moving up to the Sunshine Coast, we holiday up at Kings Beach regularly and love the place, have also spent bulk time at Maroochydore and love it there as well. Basically, we'd have about $380k to spend on a house up there, wanting to know what areas are still reasonably priced and how close to the water can we get? I'd love a older beachside unit but with having a company vehicle and two of our own, plus the XY means for now thats impossible.

I have thought maybe Bribie would be ok, i could even probably brave the Bruce/Gateway and still work in Brisbane (office is at Northgate, just off Nudgee rd) but i really have no idea. How hard is it to get work up there? Im in the telecommunications cabling/security/cctv/electrical game.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I certainly would not envy your travel time each day. Even from Bribie, the traffic is so unpredictable, it does not take much to make the gateway fall over and then cause chaos on the Bruce Highway. If you have $380k why not consider North Lakes, or Nudgee Beach.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #3
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Originally i was considering north lakes but if i was ever going to do it i'd want to go further north. I put up with the gateway northbound daily, i know its a pig of a road.

But i see where you are coming from. I should consider finding employment up there if i were to move.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
MarkIV

I commute every day from Nambour to Brisbane by train. Its not fun - hard on the body and the family - but the weekends are worth it. I have found work hard to get up here (in government) because everyone wants to be here.

Bribie wouldn't be a bad halfway point - an hour to Bris and and an hour to the coast.

Good luck with your decision!
MarkIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Bribie Highway can be a pig at times and its a blackhole of licenses.
Old 25-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeah not an easy commute, the Bruce is a pain around Morayfield.

I lived in Buderim for 6 years and you could not commute to Brisbane everyday it was too far and Bruce too crap. Better off trying the Redcliffe peninsula, 380k might get you onto the peninsual- Bribie would be borderline IMHO.

Property is cheap on the coast and Bribie, but its because you cant commute to Brisbane for work practically. 380 would have got you into an area like where i lived, and that was only 4klms or so as a crow flies from beach at Mooloolaba.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post