Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 3Mobile Broadband

Just wondering who uses 3Mobile Broadband and if you've experienced any problems?

I use 3's broadband, and for the last 4 days, it has been running slower than the old dial-up crap. It's begining to p!ss me off. It has taken me ten minutes to get the New Thread page to load up. Any one have any suggestions on how to rectify this? I'm a bit of a technophobe.

Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #2
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I know if you go out of their imemdiate own coverage area (like out of the real inner city centre) and roam on to their partner networks they charge you about 14 million dollars per gigabyte....
Old 16-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
El Sucio

COMPLAIN LOUDLY!!!

I'm suffering the same problems.

I'm on 3 mobile; I have been for about 6-7 months now. It makes my lap top truly mobile and I have loved it.

I'm glad someone else is suffering the same problems; I've been pulling my hair out all week fiddling with my security/anti virus settings without any luck. Not an easy task for someone with limited computer skills.

Maybe they lost a satellite or two...plus the bad weather hasn't helped either..maybe it's to do with the gas shortage conspiracy everyone is throwing around here in Perth at the moment. Judging by reports my body may shut down in the coming few days and I may even explode - such is the severity of the crisis.

Want to know what really sucks; 3's helpdesk is in bl**dy India. At times like this I wish I was speaking to someone who could understand me and at least sounded sincere..friggin frustrating I tell ya!!

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike supercharged)
2014 Ford Ranger XLT
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)
2005 BA Mk 2 Fairmont Ghia V8
2012 FG Mk 2 XR6T

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm. I might go to the local 3 store and have a whinge. It's pathetic. I was thinking it might be the weather also. And I'll be buggered if I'm paying for snails pace internet all winter. I'll cancel. I bought my modem outright so I'm not locked into a contract
Old 16-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #5
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And what else is bizarre, is that I just downloaded 13.x MB worth of updated modem software off 3's website in the hopes it might speed it up. It took all of 2 minutes to download the software, and yet regular web pages like this one take a friggin life time to load up
Old 16-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
BlackLS
yum

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=994905

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I have it for the work laptop, but haven't used it for about a week. It was fine last Monday.

Before that I remember one day I couldn't load anything other than MSN. Every webpage I tried (with the exception of 3's own site) timed out.

I too just thought it was the bad weather.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If 3's website loaded fine it wouldnt be the bad weather, it would be 3's connectivity to those servers, they must be having some big problems though.. The big companies like 3/teltra etc all have their own servers on which to run their websites and such but most others rent of them/others.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bah 3, that software caused me issues when I tried to delete it off the laptop I bought. Kept on trying to remove E drive and now it is stuck in my system and I can't delete it. I considered going with them when I was looking for mobile internet but decided against it after reading some threads on the whirlpool forums. I went with Vodafone but canceled the contract within a week due to them basically being rubibsh. I'm with Optus now and I couldn't be happier, great reception even up in Ballarat, actually up there at home my wireless on the laptop is faster than my Bigpond ADSL connection.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must be a tower very close by. Internet connections can be weird sometimes. ive got the 38mbit testra net(not wireless) and its faster when connecting to canberra then sydney(tested it - 18,000+kbs to sydney, 27,000kbs+ to canberra) AND I LIVE IN SYDNEY
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems to be running fine again today. Maybe they're watching me......... :