Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default LR aftermarket Audio

Hey guys.

As i have Alpine splits in the front and Clarion 6x9 in the rear and i have the rear connected to the amp and the trigger off a cigarette lighter which only activates when the car acc is turned on.

Now i want to connect the fronts up but im not sure how to about this.

DO i connect the fronts to the amp and only have the audio activate when i turn acc on or do i find another way around it.

Cheers and let me know.

BTW im keeping stock HU cause it look OE and its decent enough.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Plus it's a 6-stacker FTW, and it works off the remote.

A stock HU with amps and stock speakers still hammers.
Old 27-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Connect the front to the amp. How else you going to get any power to them

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well duh but i mean like should i worry about when turning on the stereo and having o turn the car to acc to have the audio on or just connect them up.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

The Factory 6 Stacker is a ripper i.m.o.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Sorry to Hijack Sean......but I've been looking at these:

http://www.ryda.com.au/Boston-SX85-5...ers-p/sx85.htm

as a straight drop in upgrade. Is the standard HU strong enough to drive them? ( I am a complete nuff nuff when it comes to electricals and audio)

Sean....I think you would want the audio to only be live when you turn acc on....otherwise you'd run the risk of running down the battery (remember...I'm a nuff nuff here)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

Last edited by melbzetec; 27-09-2008 at 07:48 PM.
melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have them come on with acc. If your worried about the amp draining the battery. Install a capacitor.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Capacitors are a waste of money IMO. They hold charge until they sense a drop in voltage, when they discharge to the system, then spend time recharging. They're not worth the premium you pay for them, and you really don't get that much out of them.

What sort of amp is it? 4ch? I'm still trying to understand what the question is...
Never connect an amp without a remote wire connected to something that comes on with acc, otherwise you will drain your battery, and also, there's no point, because you don't need your amp to be on unless the stereo is on. If you've already got your amp running the rears, then all you need to do is to wire the fronts up to the amp. Take the doors off, snip the speaker cables, then solder new speakers cables on, run them through the door looms, down the door sills and to the amp in the boot (or under the seat, wherever it is).
If you're hooking up another amp, just daisy chain the remote wire from one amp to the next one, rather than running an entirely new remote wire.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
BlackLS
yum

Don't run the amp all the time 24/7. You'll just drain the battery.

Better off to wire remote wire like the other amp. Cig lighter.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post