Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
G6ETurboChick
Starter Motor

Default Wait time on LX

We ordered the Red LX Friday 3 weeks ago. We were told then we needed to wait for "worst-case-Scenario" of July! : Anyways, I'm still really looking forward to getting my new car! For the time being I'm "stuck" driving the G6ET...bummer! : With all the travelling b/w sites that I work at I dont like to drive the Turbo as I really dont get to stretch her legs much in peak hour traffic in Melbourne..grrr. And also I'm paranoid about the other fools who have no regard for the love people have for their cars, particularly in supermarket carparks! So...for now its a waiting game until July-maybe sooner.
Anyone else had this with their orders?

Love my LX! :

Tinted Windows
Black Leather seats
Reverse Camera
6 Stacker CD Player
Mighty Fast!!
And We Love It!!
Aint Wheels Car of the Year for nothin'!

2009 Fiesta Red LX 5door - on order!
G6ETurboChick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
eleusis
Starter Motor

Unfortunately, it seems like most of the cars sold out in January/February. I've seen posts on this forum saying that the next shipment is arriving around May/June. :(

Kinda sucks to be waiting for such a hot little car. :P
eleusis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi, Ordered a LX in Vision back mid Feb. 1 week late the dealer phoned and said if we still want the Vision we would also have to wait June/July. No thanks

So changed the colour to Squeeze. Went to my dealer the other day and told me the car should be here early April. My dealer has 6 CL on the lot ready to go.

G6ETurbochick I'll be more than happy to drive your car for you........lol. Awesome car.

BB
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

That waiting sucks :(

Glad we got in early.

Hang in there man.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
tism
Starter Motor

Was told August with no guarantee for LX & Zetec manuals last Wednesday at one dealer. Got lucky this morning as I found a 3 dr Zetec manual at another dealer where the finance fell thru a couple of days ago. So rather than wait for an eternity I snapped it up. Pickup Monday.
tism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Zetec Dave

Yeah the wait is so painful. I nearly went to upgrade my order from the fiesta zetec moondust silver to a focus xr5 cause it was really cheap!!! But the wife said no in the end when I came clean with the engine size of 2.5 plus turbo :(

Darn, nearly got it and didn't have to wait casue they had it in stock. Now I have to wait until probably June for the Fiesta. It better be worth the wait cause I'd would have waited 4 months for it whe I was originallt told that it was going to be 4 weeks at the most. GRRR...
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD wonder why their cars aren;t selling ???? People will go elsewhere when they have to wait 4 months for a car. FORD should have enough stock to supply within a month. FORD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!
Old 29-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
FORD wonder why their cars aren;t selling ???? People will go elsewhere when they have to wait 4 months for a car. FORD should have enough stock to supply within a month. FORD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!
LOL, the Aussie market is pitiful compared to the Europe and USA markets.

They are outselling supplies - seems like Ford is doing well with the model.

;)
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree with Candyman.

Zetec's and LX seem to be a hot seller at the momment. My local dealer has 6 on the lot and all CL.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I'd say they will order less CL's next time and more Zetecs. It seems to be making up more than 50% of the sales (easily) and that's caught them out. Whatever the sales figures are next month I bet it SHOULD have been triple that if they had the cars
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
This supply glut never lasts... Look at mondeo, there was people waiting months for them aswell, same with LS Focus, but eventually supply catches up to demand.. By the end of the year they should be right.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #12
G6ETurboChick
Starter Motor

It also appears to be the sales guys selling the better option of the LX with the Safety Pack. Yep, there are STACKS of CL's out there to be had. I test drove one and was sold on the Fiesta straight away. I could have taken Squeeze home that day. But he talked me into the LX which I'm grateful of, but certainly didnt expect the wait time. Afgter looking on a few of the other dealerships websites today there are a few Zetecs for a good price...not much more in price actually to the LX.....
Tinted Windows
Black Leather seats
Reverse Camera
6 Stacker CD Player
Mighty Fast!!
And We Love It!!
Aint Wheels Car of the Year for nothin'!

2009 Fiesta Red LX 5door - on order!
G6ETurboChick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post