Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
dogfish

Default Is There A Section For ???

I was just wondering if there is a section on this forum that allows you to look up and see if the mods you wish to do would be legal state to state or the name of Engineers for modified vehicles state to state.
And like minded people who have modified there car and have put basic guidelines up to save the headache of dealing with local transport departments just to get a big NO after hours on the phone.

My reason for asking is i'd love to build a full Chassis for my XB coupe as my next project and remove the whole front end ( Fire wall forward). The body is fairly stuffed anyway and it has no compliance plates and it cost me $20.00 (thanks Ball for getting off the scrap heap).
I am in Qld and its hard to get anyone to comment on legalities and what I have to do to get it regoed.

dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have not stumbled across any such thread and with the amount of variation in state laws, the amount they change and all the other variables, I highly doubt the forum will create such a thread.

Best idea is to find someone on forums that has done a similar thing to what you need to do in the same state and ask them.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

Hey Dogfish,

I'm in QLD mate.

What mods did you have in mind???

Post em up, also what vehicle and QLDr's can advise.

Cheers

Adam
CHARGED TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Yes there is - the tech section contains the National Code of Practice for vehicle mods by section.

The link is HERE

There are also the full ADR's and the current Victorian Vehicle Standards although the latter will be replaced in due course by the NCOP.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #5
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfish
I was just wondering if there is a section on this forum that allows you to look up and see if the mods you wish to do would be legal state to state or the name of Engineers for modified vehicles state to state.
And like minded people who have modified there car and have put basic guidelines up to save the headache of dealing with local transport departments just to get a big NO after hours on the phone.

My reason for asking is i'd love to build a full Chassis for my XB coupe as my next project and remove the whole front end ( Fire wall forward). The body is fairly stuffed anyway and it has no compliance plates and it cost me $20.00 (thanks Ball for getting off the scrap heap).
I am in Qld and its hard to get anyone to comment on legalities and what I have to do to get it regoed.

Bit off topic here I think but, I work in vehicle modifications etc in the Department of Transport & Main Roads in QLD so I'll double check on this for you when I get into work next week if you like...If you want to talk to one of the QLD approved engineers give me your suburb and I'll give you a list of the engineers nearest to your area.

Off the top of my head => I believe that either way you will need to send in a submission to the engineers in vehicle standards for approval to do what you're thinking. We're gonna need more information on what you're planning obviously in order to make a full assessment (mod or ICV). I think the form you will need to fill out is #F1854 - copies avaialble from either your nearest customer service centre or online at www.transport.qld.gov.au. The form is titled Motor Vehicle Modification Application. Fill out the form, attach any extra information to the form and send it in to the address for vehicle standards on the second page.

Depending upon the extent of what your wanting to do you'll need to follow the QLD Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Mods and ensure that the vehicle continues to comply with all of the relevant ADRs and QLD Vehicle Standards Regs. NCOP won't be adopted for some time as the bugs are still being worked out... If what your proposing to do is an ICV then there will be a few different requirements.

Like I said I'll see what I can dig up for you next week...

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR

Last edited by AU3XSR; 12-04-2009 at 12:06 AM.
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
dogfish

What I would like to do to my Coupe is.
1. Try and get it roadworthy on a full chassis i am talking about unstitching the front and rear rails and mounting the shell on a full fabricated chassis.
2. 4 link rear end.
3. Seriously low ride height by channelling the floor over the chassis.
4. Whole front has been removed so it runs a rack and pinion front end with coil overs.
5. 460 as I've never had one.
6. Full tilting/removable front (especially if fiberglass XA GT Bonnet and Guards are available as I'd hate to destroy original ones.)
7. Hopefully not have to comply with new pollution laws????
Thats what i would love to do to my Scrap Heap Coupe. Thanks all for the info so far.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

PM sent...

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post