Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default your new ford car purchasing experience

In all my new car trying to purchase experiences since 1992. except one in 1993 in that i bought a XG longreach from a top bloke.
Have been 3rd rate, to absolute discrasefull. smart **** attitudes! couldn't give a f--k attitude! rude! lazy! and pathetic!
I never wont to go back into a ford dealer ship again.
all the other dealers are fine.
I run my own business and fall over backwards to look after my customers. and i have had these clowns, try to turn the tables on me! as if i was trying to sell them something? or all they wanted to do is sell a car that was on the floor as is, with the price that is on it. and any thing else was just to difficult for them to do in there air-con office. :

castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Ive found car-brokers the best way to go.
no BS and prices you cant beat
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Wow.......All I can say is that the Ford dealer I bought my used ford off 5 years ago was very professional and helpfull. I approached them and another close-by Ford dealer in the last week regarding new pricing and they couldnt have been more helpfull (crap pricing though)

I run my own business from home and probably dont get out enough to see really crap customer service.

Cheers
Mick
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

To have such negative experience with Ford dealers ALL the time leads me to ask the question

How do you come across to these guys?

Reading that post makes me think maybe you need a slight change in your apporach...

I only had one bad experience in relation to dealers here in melbourne and the guys at Strapp , Essendon Fields, Etheridge and President Ford were all great guys who I would gladly have given my money too
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

president ford if they were the only dealers to by a ford from i would go buy a gogo mobile before i bought another car off them and i had the pleasure of having to deal with reg hunts son himself in the end to try and sort it out
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Bought my G6ET from president Ford. Very happy with the whole experience.

Lucky I didn't have to get a "gogo mobile"
Old 15-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

My experiences have been good, but I dont go there expecting good service,marginal service, or any service.I go there with a car in mind and a price and to hammer them as much as possible. The only things I get annoyed with is the dealer not knowing his product and some of them almost stalking you for a sale, this happens with all makes I would presume not only Ford. I think the worst part of dealerships and something they need to address is the after sales service as this has a direct effect on me when it comes to the next purchase
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe i should ring them up 1st.
Go in wearing a suite and tie.
Possibly most people they deal with have to get finance help.
I don't. if i had to borrow money, i would not bother.
I have talked with others who got the same treatment.
I cant buy the new VE commoder ute because i can't see out of it. and it has not enough room in the back. the VZ is good. and the tail gate does not drop down out of the way. so of to ford i went. give me a XR6 turbo with a tray back. NO! NO! NO! he saying no way! you will end up doing a 180 on the highway, it's to powerful. you buy the ute and take the back off your self & leave it in the back yard & then put a tray on it. and when you go to sell it you will have to put the ute back on because no one would want to buy a XR TURBO tray back. you will never be able to sell it! and he said i was the 1st person ever to ask for such a combination in all his life. on his high horse!
This is the only combination i could live with in a new ute.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are so many posts about the car "buying experience", I'm not sure what some people mean? I generally know what I want and walking into a dealer is usually just a formality with me. When I bought my BF GT Cobra, I made two phone calls to the dealer. Then two months later went in and picked it up, I shook the salesman's hand gave him a cheque, then DP shook my hand and I drove out in under 30 minutes of face to face dealings.

Funny thing is my wife dropped me off out the front, I walked in and by the time she parked the car and walked into the dealership with our son I was getting ready to drive out!

I'd prefer spending time with friends and family than spending time at a dealer having a "car buying experience".

Do people here have "grocerie buying experinces" too?
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Must admit I have bought 2 new Fords in the last 4 years both from a Sydney dealer no hassles, easy as, not too hard to sell you something you WANT with good service, but don't get me started on my local ford franchise last 2 cars (BAXR8 and BAFPV) gave them the first go will not waste my time again.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some people want to be applauded for buying a new car. As soon as you walk into the dealership your supposed to be showered with compliments and gifts, but given plenty of space at the same time. :
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #12
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
But it is a dangerous combination in the wrong hands. The dealer will not sell it to you because Ford do not offer that combination due to the liabilities.......
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #13
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Stefan]There are so many posts about the car "buying experience", I'm not sure what some people mean? I generally know what I want and walking into a dealer is usually just a formality with me. When I bought my BF GT Cobra, I made two phone calls to the dealer. Then two months later went in and picked it up, I shook the salesman's hand gave him a cheque, then DP shook my hand and I drove out in under 30 minutes of face to face dealings.

Funny thing is my wife dropped me off out the front, I walked in and by the time she parked the car and walked into the dealership with our son I was getting ready to drive out!

I'd prefer spending time with friends and family than spending time at a dealer having a "car buying experience".

Do people here have "grocerie buying experinces" too?[/QUOTE

What you have described can happen if you are lucky enough to know exactly the car you want, before you walk in. Of couse many people aren't that certain and want to compare models, trims, go for a test drive etc.

There is also the fact that this is for most people the second most expensive purchase in their lives - third if you count the wife. That means they do want to have someone at the dealer recognise the financial commitment that they are making, by how they are treated. Not an unreasonable expectation in my opinion.

The groceries worth a few hundred dollars, that you already know the brands/products you are buying, doesn't really compare.

That said, when I know what I want in a car and the local dealer is to be avoided or isn't competitive, I use a car broker to avoid running around the place to get a reasonable price.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #14
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a great time buying the XR From a local dealership (southern cross ford in toowoomba) Great bunch of guys, I walked in to have a look at the FG range not long after they were released, i was in my work clothes, that being polo shirt and track pants, covered in paint and assorted building industry products. Had a great laugh, my salesman was a top bloke, instead of talking in an office we went outside for a smoke (yes im a horrible dirty smoker) and had a yarn. Great experience, its my second car from the dealer, Yes i could get a better deal off a friend in Brisbane, but the service at southern cross (for me anyway) was well worth the extra ($1000 - $2500) that i COULD have saved at another dealership.
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
There are so many posts about the car "buying experience", I'm not sure what some people mean? I generally know what I want and walking into a dealer is usually just a formality with me. When I bought my BF GT Cobra, I made two phone calls to the dealer. Then two months later went in and picked it up, I shook the salesman's hand gave him a cheque, then DP shook my hand and I drove out in under 30 minutes of face to face dealings.

Do people here have "grocerie buying experinces" too?
Spot on Stefan, ive bought 4 new Fords, all with a minimum of fuss, i walked in, i knew what i wanted, id already done my homework before entering the dealership, i didnt tyre kick or waste anyone's time more than necessary, all in all wasnt fussed with being dribbled all over or treated like a "god", i was just happy to deal with someone who wasnt going to waste any time and could make the decision.
When buying cars ive always made a point of NOT discussing price till i could sign right there and then, i go in knowing what im prepared to pay, if we get there they get a sale, so far the same dealer has got every sale, my loyalty has paid off. Good relationships are 2 way...
This dealer knows he'll get a red hot crack at my next purchase.. (dont you Andrew!!)

P.S their service dept has been very good to me too.

Old 15-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #16
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have bought 5 XR8s and 1 GT from my local dealer a few of these whilst i was actually working for another Ford dealer who i purchased cars off before becoming an employee. I did this because the dealer i worked for tried to diddle me on Ford employee pricing scheme. My local dealer just handed me the correct price list and asked me what i wanted and i always knew , the hottest ford you have no questions asked.My current GT i bought from another dealer quite some distance away and that was because he gave me the best price nothing more , nothing less my local dealer was 4k away .They gave me a 6 year extended warranty which wasn't worth the paper it was written on as i could only take it to them for servicing and that was never going to happen so one year on they sent me a letter cancelling it as i had never been back.Now 2 years on i still have not been back. I nearly bought a FG GT-P from my local dealer as it was an extremely good deal but i decided not to lose money on my BF and keep and enjoy it. I have a good rapport with my local dealer and after being almost shafted by the dealer i worked for i told them i would never be buy again from them and i never will. Moral of the story is they are all after your money so go where you get the best deal and feel comfortable. Not all salesmen are the same but they are all after one thing YOUR MONEY!!!
Cheers
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
monte.b

Ive bought 4 new utes a xh ,a baxr6 a ba se a bfmk2 from sunshine ford at southport ,the salesman was a top bloke by the name of peter keen ,he aint there anymore ,pity really ,this bloke just layed out the figures ,chucked the keys for a demo and left you alone ,when i used to go in for a service he used to chuck me the keys to his driver ,and they were all top of the line utes ,all i had to pay for were the traffic fines, the paperwork was always spot on ,it was funny the first one i bought was the xh ,never owned a new car before and i wanted to trade an old xa ute ,like there was grass growing in the front floor ,it leaked like a sive ,he said $100 and please dont bring it back here it will cost us money to get rid of the thing ,he bought all the other staff out to have a look at it ,they couldnt believe it was still being driven on the road i sugested they put it in the showroom to show how tough ford utes are ,but they wouldnt ,regards ,Monte.b
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
Maybe i should ring them up 1st.
Go in wearing a suite and tie.
Possibly most people they deal with have to get finance help.
I don't. if i had to borrow money, i would not bother.
I have talked with others who got the same treatment.
I cant buy the new VE commoder ute because i can't see out of it. and it has not enough room in the back. the VZ is good. and the tail gate does not drop down out of the way. so of to ford i went. give me a XR6 turbo with a tray back. NO! NO! NO! he saying no way! you will end up doing a 180 on the highway, it's to powerful. you buy the ute and take the back off your self & leave it in the back yard & then put a tray on it. and when you go to sell it you will have to put the ute back on because no one would want to buy a XR TURBO tray back. you will never be able to sell it! and he said i was the 1st person ever to ask for such a combination in all his life. on his high horse!
Why is it I get the sense of SM syndrome here and as others have said,your attitude,maybe you should check it in at the cloak room as you walk in the gate.
I know just the ute for you no problem seeing out of it and easy to turn into dropkic...oops I mean dropside....its called 'The Brumby'.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #19
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive often wondered if some peoples "bad dealer experience" is really just a result of their totally unrealistic expectations, own rudeness, arrogance and lack of understanding of life in general...

Old 15-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I asked about the tray back/XR6T combo as well, not that i wanted one, was more curious as to why they didnt offer it as the XR8 has a tray back.

Had something to do with traction of something, honestly i cant remember, i couldnt honestly see a steel tray weighing less than a style side personally, but then again i swing a brush for a living and no sweet FA about such things.

If you can do it yourself why are you complaining? The man said it could be done, and i no of 1 that has been, would i buy one? well no, if i wanted a tray back ute i'd just buy an XR8 tray back. And i dont buy second hand (except classics)
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

I have bought a few cars from my local Ford dealer, and all in all its been pretty good, i bought the GT there new last year, and it was a pretty streamlined easy process. I bought my demo XR8 from Rod Lawrence Ford Campbelltown and it was fantastic service, i would return to either dealer for next purchase
Old 15-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #22
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've used the same dealer for a bunch of new Fords & always found him to be an absolute gentleman to deal with I was really disappointed when he called me last week to say he'd been retrenched.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I helped my uncle by his BA XR6 from rebel ford in elizabeth SA and they were great. They were only to happy help and threw in plenty of incentives even a CAT racing team jacket for me as a finders fee.

When i went to buy a BAxr6t (just released at the time) from the dealer in Mount Barker they suggested maybe i should look at some of the good second hand options. So I went and spent my $45k on a WRX instead. Eblens - Glenelg.

These people tend to forget that we dont all like dressing in suits and talking bull****.

I got ripped of by a Nissan dealer once and declared never to be taken again. I always shop around and judge where i buy from by the way you are treated when you walk into the dealership. Standard car hunting uniform is trackie dacks and T-shirt.

Its amazing how many sales reps drive bigger pieces of crap than what you are trading and yet the way the talk you think they own the GT of your dreams.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #24
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc
I helped my uncle by his BA XR6 from rebel ford in elizabeth SA and they were great. They were only to happy help and threw in plenty of incentives even a CAT racing team jacket for me as a finders fee.
I purchased my BF from them, and all I can say is I will never step a foot near that showroom again! Shonky to say the least!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

I’ve bought a few new Fords and have never had any problems with the dealers at the time of purchasing. I just have a no BS approach and treat them the way I’d like to be treated. I don’t believe in wasting time if I’m not prepared to buy.

When I bought my GT-P, the deal was done in around 15 minutes. They needed to sell it and I wanted to buy it, so it was a win win for both of us.
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #26
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive never had a problem when buying a new ford, always been helpfull and profesional, my problems start downsairs at the circus department

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #27
monte.b

Gee yeti ill have to have a look at that ozrodders site ,might find out how to build a hotrod : : :
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #28
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We brought from Cory Clark at Denmac ford in Brisbane 2 years ago got a really good deal cheaper to fly down and drive back .
Had a good look here went to the dealership probably 5 times started of looking at 2nd hand ended up going for a new car .
Local couldnt match the price wife wanted to buy local went in one Saturday came back 2 hours later said the salesman were really busy except the onein charge who sat inside the office talking to a secretary she gave up came home and we signed up for the car from Brisbane
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well after doing only about 500km in a brand new xr8 ute ,after being delayed twice to picking it from new because they had scratched the front bumper then the guard.returned it to get repaired then they dinted the door ,went back to pick up for the 4th time and they had scratched front bumper again ,they said they would get it repaired again but how many tones of paint do u want on a new car then had the cheek to that it was only a ute.was a good car and motor felt good from new just a pitty the dealer had to touch it.atleast i did get a full refund for the car even though it cost hundreds in lost time and fuel going backwards an forwards
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #30
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your car has been scratched and dented four times before you even got it???? ing_sm

you have reason to complain, not some of these other guys who don't get called "Sir" or "God" because they are spending on a new car!