Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Stock becoming more and more difficult!

Hi all,

Has anyone been looking for a car to buy this month? It seems to becoming harder and harder each day for me to supply! We are running very low on stock and when I call other stock controller's it is the same story. We are getting a huge amount of customers wanting a car before the 30th of June and this is very hard to do for some models.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Well that can only be good news for FORD

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Govt incentives for businesses must be working, creating sales volume. As well as car companies trying to whittle stock levels down
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

barra, you're not alone mate, my local toyota dealership cant get landcruisers for love nor money, and my local ford/nissan dealership is getting damn desperate!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
Hi all,

Has anyone been looking for a car to buy this month? It seems to becoming harder and harder each day for me to supply! We are running very low on stock and when I call other stock controller's it is the same story. We are getting a huge amount of customers wanting a car before the 30th of June and this is very hard to do for some models.
Yep, bloody hard to find what you want and I'd rather inspect the car then get it built.

Isn't all this because Ford have changed to built to order and not stockpile like they use to??
Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone is winding stock levels back to fast moving SKU's only or basically MTO to free up cash flow...

Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah many factors, lower "stock on grass" supply by dealerships and manufactures, the investment allowence caught many off guard, as we order import 4-5 months in advance. It is a good and bad thing.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
paul351xb

As long as there is demand for the falcons. Just don't see enough of them on the roads here.
paul351xb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

If your running low on stock i can only think this to be a good thing, means people are buying Fords!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #10
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

i was past the Ford shop in gladstone yesterday and it was unusual to see their front yard nearly empty. only a handfull of new cars and a few second hand ones.

they mostly have heaps of rangers and utes there.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Stock levels are low - understatement of the year!

But managed to get my cousin into a XR5 Mondeo, will see how it compares to his existing Subaru Liberty GT Turbo over its life

Gotta hand it to Ford - this particular Mondeo (german made?) is a very well finished car imo
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Gotta hand it to Ford - this particular Mondeo (german made?) is a very well finished car imo
I'm pretty sure they're built in Genk Belgium.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think it is a great position for ford au to be in

that is telling me that they have cleared most stock that was parked on the grass and now can focus on the building the cars as people want them or just enough to get a small stock pile up not the 1,000's they had

well done ford au got yourself in a great possy now

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
I'm pretty sure they're built in Genk Belgium.
Correct.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
cycle myth

I think the answer to your stock problem would be called doing a full SSRD.

And a DOM may be able to help you with that.
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I couldn't find a pre-May'09 G6ET to take advantage of the employee friends discount. I'll pick up my ex-demo G6ET this Tuesday though so it's all good.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #17
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Does anyone know if the 30% -50% stimilus package for business been passed yet ?? I know it's been going thru parliment but all I'm hearing is "The proposed" package.....I'm not buying anything until I know it's passed..........don't trust pollies.......
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #18
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Does anyone know if the 30% -50% stimilus package for business been passed yet ?? I know it's been going thru parliment but all I'm hearing is "The proposed" package.....I'm not buying anything until I know it's passed..........don't trust pollies.......
I'm pretty sure it has.. A few days after the budget was delivered.. I think you'll find all adds have now taken the "Proposed" part out...
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
mickvxbs
bogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs

the only reason i bought a new over 2nd hand car, fantastic idea i wish i had more money to buy another(then figure out how to claim it )
mickvxbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Stock levels can be too low though, some people won't wait long for delivery and I am sure it will cost some sales.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
my local toyota dealership cant get landcruisers for love nor money,
There's about 100 brand new toyotas near the zillmere station carpark still with their stickers on
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
Govt incentives for businesses must be working, creating sales volume. As well as car companies trying to whittle stock levels down
Or the fact that GE and GMAC are pulling out of showroom floor financing meaning dealers won't buy stock unless it's for demos or committed sales.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yep, come next week its going to be very hard to supply XR utes and rangers.. Alot of small businesses are buying new commercials to take advantage of this. If i was a Ford dealer id be grabbing a few XR6's / XR8 utes outta Ford stock if theres any about.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Or the fact that GE and GMAC are pulling out of showroom floor financing meaning dealers won't buy stock unless it's for demos or committed sales.
Due to the cost of floor plan going up, it has caused dealers to reduce stock.. But if you havent got stock, you cant sell them, and some dealers are left with very little stock. You usually need one of everything on the floor, otherwise customers just walk away.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #25
cycle myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au

But why would a Ford dealer ever fund with GE or GMAC (Holden finance) when they have their own?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth
But why would a Ford dealer ever fund with GE or GMAC (Holden finance) when they have their own?
Well Ford Credit is pulling out too:http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=60221

Also, ford dealers wouldn't have to be financed with Ford Credit, and in addition, many dealers are multi brand and multi franchise sites. The actual impact of the exit of GE and GMAC has been to push up the cost of floor plan financing, as well as the more stringent financing criterias that dealers must meet on tightening credit terms.

The reluctance of the floor plan financiers to provide as much funding as before coupled with the general downturn in the economy and the need for dealers to closely monitor their cashflow has resulted in the reluctance to hold unnecessary inventory.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I was in my local toyota today and the place was mad. I had a 3:30 apptmnt and even then the guy I was dealing with gave 2 sets of keys away to buyers. He said he was wondering what financial crisis he said they are flat out keeping up with demand.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #28
cycle myth

[QUOTE=Dave_au]Well Ford Credit is pulling out too:http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=60221

Also, ford dealers wouldn't have to be financed with Ford Credit, and in addition, many dealers are multi brand and multi franchise sites. The actual impact of the exit of GE and GMAC has been to push up the cost of floor plan financing, as well as the more stringent financing criterias that dealers must meet on tightening credit terms.

As I understand it Ford Credit is still doing wholesale stock financing.

So even before / after the pull out - why would a Ford Dealer fund with a holden finance company or even GE?

And if all the Ford dealers supported their Ford finance arm would that not make them stronger and then in turn mean they could get the funding they wanted?

It wouldn't matter if GE, Esanda or anyone left the market - they would still have their access.....