Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thank-you

A big thank-you goes out to Rod at Market place autos in Airport West and Owen at Prestige sunroofs in Cheltenham for all your help with the supply and fitting of the sunroof.

As some may have heard or read, our sunroof glass seperated from the frame at the recent drag nationals at Heathcote and shattered on the track.
I was introduced to Rod by Spoolman. Rod said that he may have a complete replacement sunroof that had never been fitted to suit our car. So after a few phone calls in the days after the event i went over and picked it up for a very good price.
Because we could'nt drive the car and me being away from home most weeks for work, i have been trying to have the new frame & glass fitted for 4 weeks. After being quoted some absolutely ridiculous amounts for the removal and fitting by some businesses, i came across Prestige Sunroofs in Cheltenham whilst looking at a thread on these forums. Finally having a day off today i rang Owen to enquire if he was able to look at the car today. He told me to bring it over and when i arrived he went straight to work on it. I offered to leave it for a few hours (he had a luxury 4WD that he was in the middle of doing an install on and said he had time up his sleeve) but he said it would'nt take long to do.
In under an hour he had fitted & adjusted the new roof.

Once again a big thanks to you both and i have no hesitation in recommending both businesses to potential customers.

Cheers,
Mark.

Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Good to hear good feedback on a shop/small business. Well done!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

No more leaving the Sun Roof open while racing done the 1/4 mile

Prestige Sunroofs were the company used to fit SunRoofs of EF EL's

The so called Factory Sun Roof

They do know what they are doing

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Double post. :

Last edited by Pinkbits; 02-07-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
rodderz

Rod would have to be one of the most generous blokes around. A few years back when I changed diff gears in my ute I took the diff out, and he sent one of his guys to my home to pick it up and take it to their diff place, then return it once the gears were swapped over. He also had some underdrives there and Rob fitted it while I was there, when I was just there to say gday.

He really knows his cars too! Will be good to see his drag car going once it's all done (as well as spooly directing him back to the start line in his tutu)
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
No more leaving the Sun Roof open while racing done the 1/4 mile
We have looked at the video that i took, and pics that others took and the roof was definitely closed. I think the person on the p.a system only assumed that the roof was open.
As others will testify, the guys on the start line are very vigilant when it comes to safety issues.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
We have looked at the video that i took, and pics that others took and the roof was definitely closed. I think the person on the p.a system only assumed that the roof was open.
As others will testify, the guys on the start line are very vigilant when it comes to safety issues.
Well if its any condolences I think your one and only run was on the DVD........

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
Well if its any condolences I think your one and only run was on the DVD........
It was RG's car, similar, but not as reliable!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Lucky it wasn't yours ...... probably explains why I had time to make a cup of tea and still catch it crossing the line

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post