Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Default Spare tyre and jack pics

Hey all,

Just wondering if anybody with a LX, Zetec or Ghia could snap a pic of their spare wheel well. I would like to see how all the bits fit in their.

I don't have the tow eye so I have to look for one.

Also another favour from the XR4 owners. Now that I have new rims on, I want to put a full size 15" in as the spare but the steel screw down in mine is too short. I need a pic to take to ford so we can look for the part. I know they have a longer screw but the plastic piece would be way too tall.

Thanks all

K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow mate, too dark now! LOL.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

hi
I had a wq zetec with a full size spare. To make the screw fit I drilled the plastic black bit - centre from the top (took the bolt out first) with a small spade bit to take about 8-10mm (don't go to far) so the bolt can sit lower in it and reach (I also used a small washer on the bolt above the plastic to spread the load). I hope that made sense. No pics cos' car is gone now.

Cheers
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
hi
I had a wq zetec with a full size spare. To make the screw fit I drilled the plastic black bit - centre from the top (took the bolt out first) with a small spade bit to take about 8-10mm (don't go to far) so the bolt can sit lower in it and reach (I also used a small washer on the bolt above the plastic to spread the load). I hope that made sense. No pics cos' car is gone now.

Cheers
I also took the foam spacer out
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't access Ford Forums from my laptop or my work computer because work has blocked it (god only knows why lol). I have the piccies, I'll see if I can upload them from my iPhone.