Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
blacklabel

Question FPV GT- $130,000 bid and not made reserve!

Was browsing through an auction site here in NZ for ford parts and saw this auction-check it out.What would be a likely selling price for this beasty?

Ford FPV BF GT FALCON 07 NEW $130,000 and climbing!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...009&key=195984

blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
shedguy
Its dirty 'cos I drive it

Yep - from memory some idiot paid close to $100k for an EL GT when they were released Then again .... the EL GT isn't 30 years old yet .....pfft ... nah - they'l never be worth that much!! :
Old 12-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stuff that.

Yeah it's a 40th Anniversary GT, but it's no different to a normal GT, bar some cool stickers.

You could buy a normal GT for far less, and have money left over.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw old mate pick his 40th GT up woord was he was putting it up on blocks.WTF I said then I heard he had 6 or 7 GT's not sure what models but if there all laties he's in for a shock.Then again with the price of oldies maybe the only way to own a GT is to buy a newy.

cheers

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Stuff that.

Yeah it's a 40th Anniversary GT, but it's no different to a normal GT, bar some cool stickers.

You could buy a normal GT for far less, and have money left over.
You could buy a hyundai getz too and it would be even cheaper.

A) it is in NZ dollars
B) 40th GTs are rare over there in the same way corvettes and mustangs are rare here.
C) if it is too dear no one will buy it but then no one would pay $750,000 for a 35 year old falcon when you could buy a new lambo, ferarri or porsche for much less would they?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Franky
Bring back the Phase

the same guy has made the last 10 bids, sounds a little fishy
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

i'm neutral on this, it has u currant bid of 145K on it. so bag away if you like . we all missed the boat. i think it is a quick grab for cash deal that is working . however, it is a limited addition . and there are probably a few people here that have paid over 500K FOR XY GT's that could well be interested for thier collection.
i wouldnt be writing off the EL GT just yet either. i dont see many of the ones that were garaged with very low kms on them , in immaculate condition for sale just yet do you ?? i wonder why.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
C) if it is too dear no one will buy it but then no one would pay $750,000 for a 35 year old falcon when you could buy a new lambo, ferarri or porsche for much less would they?
Point taken, but really it's just a GT, with different stripes. I think people think it's really special, because it's a 40th Anniversary model. There should have been something significantly different about them, from a GT other then the nameplate.

I'm not bagging them, as I think the gold/black combination is very desirable, but yeah just have that opinion.

Jeez I hope this doesn't cause a never ending debate. lol

Last edited by Ryan; 12-08-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Whats even more odd is the vehicles registered in QLD? Hows its suposed to get to NZ?

Sad part is theres another special edition coming, which is more special then the GT40 and more rare... Id be ordering one of them.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Point taken, but really it's just a GT, with different stripes. I think people think it's really special, because it's a 40th Anniversary model. There should have been something significantly different about them, from a GT over then the nameplate.

I'm not bagging them, as I think the gold/black combination is very desirable, but yeah just have that opinion.
Yes true, but a Phase3 GTHO is just a falcon with a lot of factory options too isn't it?
I would not pay that for a 40th GT, but then I have not more than passing interest in the old school GTs that so many adore either. Horses for courses.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky
the same guy has made the last 10 bids, sounds a little fishy
He's just hunting for what the reserve is, I do it myself often, bid somewhere to open, then increment slowly (in this case $100 per time) until Trademe tells you the bid is now within 15%, you then add 15% to your previous bid and you know within $100 what the final reserve is. Then to hide it from others, you increment a few times, then bid a few times somewhere in the middle so that nobody else can see where you tripped the 15% signal. Its just auction strategy. I would doubt that person actually wants the car.

On a similar note, I have now seen 4 different 40th Aniversary's here in NZ (1 in New Plymouth, 1 in Hamilton, 1 on Auckland Motorway and an hour later another in a pub carpark, also in Auckland), from memory there are 20 here, so the owners aren't hiding them. In fact I wouldn't think they will hold their value over here, and won't appreciate for a good few years (I bet here in NZ you can get a 30-40,000KM example for under $50k in 3 years time)
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #12
blacklabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Whats even more odd is the vehicles registered in QLD? Hows its suposed to get to NZ?

Sad part is theres another special edition coming, which is more special then the GT40 and more rare... Id be ordering one of them.

If you read through the guys profile,and auction Q&A at the bottom, he is an aussie selling this vehicle in NZ.The car is in oz,as he says he can help with getting a good freight deal.
But I agree, with the dollar difference, is he going to get a high enough price compared to selling in oz to make it worthwhile?
Or does he have 2...? lol
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
-=FoRdEseries=-

now its at $145,000.............................
-=FoRdEseries=- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Um, call me stupid but weren't the 40th Anniversary GT's only $65110 new?
New Zealands exchange rate being what it is would make the 40th anniversary car over a whopping $120,000 Australian if he sold it now. Yes, I realise there is only 200 of them but as Ryan has said, it is just a GT with stripes and a badge. There is nothing else different on the bloody things to the regular GT which are in ample supply. The GT coming up with a 302kw engine or 320kw in limited numbers would command more than the average GT but again, this one just has stripes and a badge.
As for the HO, it has many more go fast bits than the fairmont that was the donor car, and as an old car it has got plenty to differentiate it from similar vehicles. It also has racing cred for what it did at bathurst, the GT 40th has a badge and stripes. More dollars than sense IMHO.

Quote: