Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
rods666
Starter Motor

Default 60s adverts in S.A

Hi been trying to find old ads from the 60s ,spent 8hrs at library going throu micro fisch film of advertisers from 60 1 2 ,my eyes are now square, all news form are kept in old paper stock in basement and need to request each as needed. So does someone know which paper or mag title would be best to start looking in, was there a drive motor mag that tested new cars like RAA mag in the 60s ,mainly in South Australia I'm looking for a ad from locall dealers sales.
Cheers Rod

rods666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
290v
290v

Good place to start is the Library in Adelaide on Nth Ter. they have history on the newspapers so with that they might have Mags as well
Old 13-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
rods666
Starter Motor

Thats the place ,but there were like 3 or more papers back then and was hoping to narrow it down a little as to which one ford used .
Thanks , just means more time sitting and going through paper and less working on projects .
Them there Gold in dem der papers
Old 13-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

not sure if this is what u were looking for.
heres an add from the news from friday 1st november 1968, was on page 47 if u are interested

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
rods666
Starter Motor

Yeah , the news ,will go have a study session with the news paper.
Thanks