Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Ms_Jam

Default Fiesta WS Very Happy on Synthetic Oil

On Tuesday I had the engine oil on my Fiesta manual changed to Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30. This was at 7,800 km.

I was not expecting much, except to look after the engine, and perhaps get a better mileage on trips.

So I was pleasantly surprised when the engine immediately seemed to loosen up significantly. It now just sings! Quite a noticeable difference. (I'm running it on BP Ultimate.)

A couple of other points. The dealer took the opportunity to, as described in the invoice, "carry out booster hose recall," and do a "brake booster vacuum hose inspection".

I had asked the dealer to check for software updates. There was another one for the audio system. There had been earlier audio update at the 3,000 km inspection.

But I was told that there was no engine management software update available - nor had there been one at the 3,000 km check. So I assume that the updates since at least mid-September (when I took delivery) have been only for automatic models.

Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had one update around then and someone on here with a newer car (manual) had a newer tune again in it. But I guess that doesn't mean Ford AU have it yet
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very good to know.. I was tossing up whether to do it as well...

I might go ahead and do it... How much did the dealer charge?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Ms_Jam

The costs were:
Labour $50
Filter $11.76
Total amount paid (incl GST) $67.95

Plus, of course, the oil which I bought from Supercheap Auto for just under $50.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Ill do it next time for half a carton.