Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Ford Fiesta EcoBoost

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/18/s...esta-ecoboost/

Quote:
Spy Shots: 2011 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Mar 18th 2010 at 2:57PM

The EcoBoost 3.5-liter V6 found in the Ford Flex and Taurus SHO has quickly become one of our favorite mills on the market. But what we've really been hankering for from FoMoCo is its smaller displacement offerings, specifically the 1.6- and 2.0-liter turbocharged engines slated to arrive next year.

Along with the Fusion, the all-new Fiesta is set to get a boosted mill sometime in 2011, and these newest spy shots reveal that a high-performance version of Ford's diminutive hatch is in the works.

Tucked behind a modified version of the Euro-market Fiesta's Titanium Trim front fascia is a slim intercooler matched with blacked-out trim, a subtle body kit and a prototype rear diffuser modified to fit the European-spec rear bumper and dual exhausts. A set of 17-inch anthracite Speedline wheels complete the package, which poses two questions.

One, is this a prototype of a production vehicle or something that's planned for this November's SEMA Show? Either way, Ford's got big plans for its new three-door and showing off its aftermarket potential is sure to be high on the priority list.

Two, which EcoBoosted engine is powering the mule? The smart money's on Ford's new 1.6-liter inline four, which should be good for around 170 horsepower and a similar amount of torque in turbo'd form. The less-than-plausible, yet far more compelling, option is the Fusion's forthcoming turbocharged 2.0-liter four-pot, which is good for between 230 and 250 hp and 240 pound-feet of twist. Obviously, we're hoping for the latter, but we'd be just as content with the 1.6-liter option and the possibility of future models turning up the wick even further.

MORE IMAGES
Old 19-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Oooh mama. Me likey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Notice the blacked out projector headlights. I think Ford is just testing the EcoBoost at this stage, as there is be smaller EcoBoost engines eventually too, but that's not to say there isn't an ST version in the works. I'm willing to bet 2011 will be a good year. A refreshed Fiesta, an ST, a smaller 1.2L (or similar) engine with EcoBoost and convertible Fiesta.

In fact look at it more closely, it could just be a special import by a customer who's done some majority awesome changes to the car himself. Just a suggestion. It seems too dressed up to be a mule of any kind.
Old 19-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

I just got a semi!!!!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

+ 1 for semi in the pants. I cant wait for more info........
Old 19-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be in "a good dealers" show room trading ours in for a 1.6turbo the day it arrives in Oz.. That thing will be a weapon...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

YAY! this is worthy of expanding the Fiesta range.

No gay gimmicks slapped on this baby. : :

Although the only thing that would kill it would be the price. Would have to look at GTI VW's as respective competition.
Old 22-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #8
magnum80
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
YAY! this is worthy of expanding the Fiesta range.

No gay gimmicks slapped on this baby. : :

Although the only thing that would kill it would be the price. Would have to look at GTI VW's as respective competition.
The Fiesta would be pitched against the Polo GTi, the Focus XR5 is the Golf competitor. This looks the goods though, will have to be though going to have some stiff competition next year, good times for hot hatch lovers
Old 22-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #9
magnum80
Starter Motor

those wheels and chopped ride really look the business
Old 22-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

It will all come down to price, if the fiesta's price is with in cooeee of the GTI Golf then I would much rather the VW

But lets all wait to see more pics and confirmed / reliable info before coming to any conclusions
Old 22-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isnt a Golf GTI currently around $40-45k?

That means the Ecoboost would have to be 20k more expensive than the Zetec.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Would be aimed squarely at the Polo GTI's teeth I reckon. If they can keep it under $30,000 it would be awesome.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new VW Polo GTI is expected to start at $32,000 plus onroads, so the ST would be about $29,990 plus onroads I recon. Funny thing is I really doubt this is a Ford prototype, more like a dressed up customers car. More than likley they are mad Ford fans and wanted a 3-Door, so they imported one. All the bits on the car are accessories that are currently availible, all bar the turbo charged bits. An ST won't look anything like this anyway, so waiting on 2011 to see the real deal.
Old 23-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #14
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes!! I just saw this news this morning. Very exciting indeed! The new Polo GTI will only be available in auto, so that will put a lot of manual drivers off, including me. I am really hoping we will get it in Australia! It should be around the right time to change my Polo Gti!
Old 23-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
Yes!! I just saw this news this morning. Very exciting indeed! The new Polo GTI will only be available in auto, so that will put a lot of manual drivers off, including me. I am really hoping we will get it in Australia! It should be around the right time to change my Polo Gti!
Gay as aids, I thought there would be at least a manual option, I really like the new Polo GTI :( The VW 1.4TSI engines are on the P plate exemption list here in Victoria.

I don't like auto cars.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post