Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
BA Baracus
xls

Default Reporting dangerous driving?

I have some lad in my area driving like a moron on pretty much a daily basis. He's on red P's in a turbo and the house he's coming to and from all the time is in a school zone about 150 meters from the school. He sees no issue in burnouts and drifting his car in broad daylight right outside or in the area near the house. This past Monday he flew round a corner half sideways toward me at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. The area I'm in has a lot of kids that ride bikes and walk to and from the primary school and people jogging etc and this fella has a pretty decent probability of killing someone if anything doesn't go to plan.

The house he visits (dunno if he actually lives there) is somewhat of a party house on the weekends and showing off out the front gets big cheers from the party goers. He's not the only one who does burnouts and that around the house but there's a difference between on a Friday or Saturday night and daytime on weekdays. Some of the other goings on are still highly dodgy but not a daily ongoing thing like this lad.

Is there any point in reporting him? ..and can anything be done without him being seen doing something?

I don't really want to go and confront him because I have a young baby and don't want to bring problems to my place. Last Friday night four cars did burnouts outside the house about 6pm with him being the last and someone driving normally along the road had to stop and wait for him to finish his, then about 15 people ran out to the footpath from the house and abused the person that was stopped just waiting. I don't really want to bring that sort of hostility to my front door. I don't even care either though if he get's in any strife I would just like him to settle down. It has been going on for about 6 weeks now and at ridiculous times of day.

I'm not a wowser and don't care at all about the parties or the odd burnout or whatever, but it's beyond a joke when it's every time this fella comes or goes from the house. I have a 4 week old son I would like to start walking in the pram when I get home from work to give the wife a break but I'm not game to take him out with this nutter around.

Is it completely pointless calling up about him? I'm not even that close to the actual house so I'm guessing closer neighbours might have already tried.

I know it's a sketchy thing to ask on a car site but I'm sure even the most spirited drivers that may be on here would have to have more tact, commonsense and judgment then this fella.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

You poor bugger. I hear so much of this going on all over the country. Your in a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't " situation.........
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Gaz
Got Ghia?

If there's a consistent time he's doing it then tell the cops and they might make a detour to drive past around that time.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

video it and send to the local highway patrol ( or ACA)
Old 12-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Call the Cops, I would
I have reported many ppl when they cross the line and from what you have described
this guy is no exception.
I am not the best out there myself but I know my boundaries and respect others.
In vic we have Hoons Hotline and you can always call 000 if you feel your in danger
or someone is being one to others.
I rather take my kids out ( if i had any ) then feel pity for this moron.

All the best

Last edited by divine_afg; 12-05-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Policeman time....
Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Can you report him to Queensland transport to have a compulsory noise check? Or is that a NSW only thing?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
robbyg
72xa

Maybe drop something in his mailbox to remind him of young children playing in the street, its anoymous and less confronting, if he has half a brain it may work?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
BA Baracus
xls

I can't video the car without being too blatant because of my fence, I have the address though and the car is there pretty much every day and night at various times (but a given on weekends). I don't know if he lives there or he is a mate of who lives there though.

I don't think it's legal to even have turbo on P's in QLD from what I thought but not sure if cops can do anything if they rock up at the house and the car's parked in the yard.

ETA: That is a good idea robbyg cheers, wont know who I am, I probably should of done that already.

Last edited by BA Baracus; 12-05-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I know what I'd do...well, i've done it, actually. Years back, we had a young bloke move in a few doors down, and while there was no parties or anything, his driving behaviour was questionable. He drove a white BMW from the mid 90's and had a Nissan maxima of similar year. The missus' car.
He uses to speed all the time, burnout on corners, etc. General bad behaviour. Guy was around 25. Dad used to whinge about him a bit, but he never did enough to tee him off. Except when i busted him chucking maccas rubbish out his car window-onto dads company car.I told dad, basically dobbed him in. Dad staunched over there and bopped him one, told him to behave, and to never drive like a nut ever again.
Now. All you people who don't condone violence. This was a few years back, I was about 11...so ten years ago. And dad is of the oldschool. It's what people his age sometimes did. That's who he is.
Anyway, never heard the guy do it again.
You could try this BA Barcus, dob him in to bigger blokes, mates of yours, but a better solution is to just call the cops, let them know everything you've told us. Having young kids gives you a bit of leverage, helps you tug the heartstrings of the cop, maybe they will increase patrols there. If not, you can always try my dads way. Not highly recommended though.
Best of luck mate
naish
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Videoing is the best thing to do. Once the vid is done, take it to your locals and he'll be in the deepend.

If your fence is a problem with the videoing, find another place to do the job, even if it's done via a mobile phone. It shouldn't be to hard to find some place to do it, surely.

Calling the locals can be a problem. You'd have to hope that they turn up in time to catch the knucklehead, or be free at a particular time.

Start sussing out nice hidey holes to take that vid and see how you go

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 13-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #12
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you decide to video tape him, just make sure your date/time stamp is being recorded on the film (if it has that function) otherwise make sure you say in a clear voice, the date, the time and street address.
Make sure you get the number plate if possible.

Then report it to the local boys in blue and show them the film.
Make sure you explain to them he does it on a regular basis.
Try and film more then one occasion of him acting like a pratt.

The other thing to do is get onto other neighbours and make sure they also report it.
If your the only one complaining it makes the wheels turn slower.
Talk to your other neighbours.

Also find out who owns the house, if its a rental, complain to the rental agency. Or better still the owner of the house.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 13-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #13
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Also find out who owns the house, if its a rental, complain to the rental agency. Or better still the owner of the house.
That would be the go. If it's a rental get them moved on.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #14
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like mucking around in cars but have never done it where i would reasonably expect kids to be around even when i was a teenager, if i stuffed up i expected a kick in the pants, these days with lack of respect it can be dangerous to confront the spoilt little brats ,so go to the Police before he kills someone
Old 13-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
worm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a school teacher... And a father...

Kids come first mate... Tell the cops... Not only could you stop a kid from being killed, you could also stop this young bloke from having to live with killing someone...

Stuff like that should be left for the track or in factory type areas (not that I condone it, but it's better than being done around houses and kids)...

I have spent the last week at school explaining to my year 8 level that a 1,800kg car travelling at 60km/h on the local highway won't hurt you... It will kill you...

Do it... And don't feel guilty... Sometimes things must be done... You will only feel bad if you don't do something about it... And something bad does happen.

Good luck champ!!! (especially with bubs!!! Are you getting any sleep?)
Old 13-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
max
LWBforME

Are there any hoon driver laws up there? Here in SA the police are reasonably vigilant and laws enable impounding/crunching offenders cars if necessary, in addition to fines/licence suspension. This peanut needs to be brought to the attention of the authorities. Do yourself and the community a service and DOB HIM IN!
Old 13-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #17
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slash his tyre's...
Old 13-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Where are you BA?. I would be more than willing to come around and video tape it if you were up near my neighbourhood. I have tools next door as well but nowhere near as bad as yours.

Cheers
Mick

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 13-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #19
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a P plater in a turbo is not legal so thats a good place to start but the best one is reporting him to the real estate agency if it's a rental get them kicked out then there is no problem

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 13-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #20
v gate

Just go see the clown and tell him to ease up or else.
Im pretty sure everyone here has done silly stuff before (and if you havent im sorry and can i still get into heaven)
If he tells you to p*ss off. Give him one and if your the non fix it your self guy then call the law.
I dont mean to sound dismisive its just that we jump on the computer and ask for this sort of advise we all know the answer before we have asked the ?
Put the NIKES on and just do it. By the time you have looked at all the replies on here he could have run over some one
Grow some balls and have it out when you see it. I know im not sounding freindly but tell this story to a mother that had a kid knocked over by this lad.
My bet is she would rip you a new one for doing nothing.
Right or wrong if its as bad as you say then do or say something because typing does jack
Old 13-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #21
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you go and knock the kid one he will get you charged with assault or even worse get a few of his mates to come around and beat the ******** out of you. Wrong way to go about it, Same as telling to him ease up, if he knows it's annoying you he'll keep on doing it to ******** you off..thats what these types of kids are all about. Call the police, have some evidence and hopefully they'll do something about it.
Old 13-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd report him, I USED to do stuff like that, was lucky I never killed someone, He needs to be stopped.
Old 13-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #23
v gate

Brother kids go weak at the knees being asked a simple question when its asked the right way. The call the police act will just bring you more heart ache if the kid is a hard ****. Then what are you going to do live in fear.
Me. i live proactive not reactive.
Id bet my left nut that if confrounted the kid would say ,sorry wont happen again.
Then if it did happen again somthing would happen (sorry if it bothers some but thats me) others may choose the police route and if that what works for them then so be it.
Id bet that if it happend on your street you would love someone to try to stop it then and there rather than get on here and hope for a reply.(sorry)
Old 13-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

We've got this in our street as well - Old mate Brian Spilner two doors down backs his Japper out of the driveway, does a skid until the tyres blow then drives back in. My concern is that the police will arrive to deal with hoons just as I'm pulling up in the truck and I'll have to wear it.

Don't bother talking to the kid. I wouldn't do it, mostly because I don't have the stones, but also because you can't rely on a 1960's style, "sorry guvnor, you got me bang to rights, it'll never happen again" response from these squirrels - far more likely they'll just burn your house down when you're not home.

Call the police, quote the rego and time and date, even better if you can call them while there's still smoking marks on the street.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 13-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
v gate

Gee i hope you guys dont have the next gen of kids because you guys will be to chicken to leave your bed room let alone drive down the road.
Some of you guys think every kid is a mass murderer or a future stand over man.
Put them in frount of thier mummy i bet they cry like a 1yr old.
Stop being girls and deal with the problem. These kids are the same kids you and i work with everyday.
ITS NOT THAT HARD for the most part yes they can be cheeky, rude, cranky, stupid,and stuborn.
But they are mostly just kids
and if there going to burn your house down all i can say is your neighbor hood should have stood up before it got that bad

Last edited by v gate; 13-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 13-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #26
StrokedXT
Banned

Have a chat to him, Be civil and see what he says worst case scenario he tells you to "get ************" Chances are he will say yeah no worries. Tell him you are into cars as well and act interested in his ride, dont go for the guilt trip that hes going to kill someone as it wont work.
Old 13-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #27
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have met this type before have tried to talk to them it has no effect they are idiots , ring the police every time ,talk to the neighbours get them to complain.
( I had a similar problem approached most neighbours in the street they all said they would give statements to the police except one an old bikie he said we could sort it.His idea was go over to these young guys I would hit them and if they got back up he would hit them with a baseball bat . I said we would end up in court on assault charges the police sorted it out )

You cant reason with them they are stupid and have all the riights and no responsibilty

I rang about this guy doing burnouts in the suburbs in daylight once the policewoman asked me questions after I gave her the rego number she told me the colour of the car and what the driver looked like she said is that the colour does he look like this.

I said yes thats him she said we know all about him we know where he lives he is in for a nasty surprise.

If he does it regularly at consistent times the police will impound his car happened here to some army guys they did burnouts in the street at their house in Kirwan .

Two days later he comes home in his skyline anddrives in the driveway a flatbed trailer drives up blocks the driveway a poilce car drives up they take his car .

Then he gets walked up and down the street with the policeman showing him burnout marks.

If you have a video the police will impound his car and take him to court
Old 13-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #28
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

First of all, I’d go and speak with the young fellar.

Treat him with the respect you’d expect, and simply explain your own take on his behavior - ask that he not drive like a dud around your neighborhood.

You sound like a very reasonable guy, if you can put your ‘issue’ into words without ending up in a personal attack, or evoking a silly response from the young bloke, my guess, he’ll cut it out.

And if doesn’t, then make a formal report to the Police.

The Police can’t act on complaints from public beyond issuing official warnings. However, in Tasmania for example, the Transport Dept has the power to suspend your driving licence if they deem reports from the public to provide enough evidence of consistent unacceptable driving behaviour.

And you know what, in Tassie if the Transport Dept do suspend you ticket, there’s not even any possible recourse. You have to suck it up and wait until they reinstate your driving licence.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 13-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #29
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
I have met this type before have tried to talk to them it has no effect they are idiots , ring the police every time ,talk to the neighbours get them to complain.
( I had a similar problem approached most neighbours in the street they all said they would give statements to the police except one an old bikie he said we could sort it.His idea was go over to these young guys I would hit them and if they got back up he would hit them with a baseball bat . I said we would end up in court on assault charges the police sorted it out )

You cant reason with them they are stupid and have all the riights and no responsibilty

I rang about this guy doing burnouts in the suburbs in daylight once the policewoman asked me questions after I gave her the rego number she told me the colour of the car and what the driver looked like she said is that the colour does he look like this.

I said yes thats him she said we know all about him we know where he lives he is in for a nasty surprise.

If he does it regularly at consistent times the police will impound his car happened here to some army guys they did burnouts in the street at their house in Kirwan .

Two days later he comes home in his skyline anddrives in the driveway a flatbed trailer drives up blocks the driveway a poilce car drives up they take his car .

Then he gets walked up and down the street with the policeman showing him burnout marks.

If you have a video the police will impound his car and take him to court

How do you know his type? You have never met him or spoken to him.

It always amazes me that car enthusiats are so quick to label others considering the labels put on us. Im sure people see my car and decide i am some sort of type ie.car hoon etc.

He's a kid, when your a kid you dont consider the consequences of your actions, that is reality and not all kids are bad and evil some are perfectly reasonable. He may not stop doing burnouts but a simple chat might make him reconsider where he does them.

Give him a chance to correct his behaviour, by going to the cops everytime you are just giving them more ammo to crack down on the hobby we all enjoy.
Old 13-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Report it…That’s what traffic police get paid to do after-all.

If nothing is done, report it again. Get neighbours to report it.

Keep hassling them and they will do something about it.

The worst thing you can do is say something to him…Being a young fella myself (22) if someone told me to stop doing stuff in my car, I’d chuck a big marley right in front of them.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Closed Thread