Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Cars are so cheap atm?

Well i was talking to my Ford supplier today (who lives in my street) and he was telling me you can pick up brand new G6E Turbos for 45 kay, up to 48 kay with options.. Seriously whats the go with this??

I then thought id have a look online, SSV sedans 43 kay? G6ET's 45kay, G6E's 38 kay? HSV Maloo GXP 45 kay?? Whats the go with all the heavy discounting??

Anyone whos thinking about a new car would be MAD not to run in and grab one atm!!

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Supply is more then demand... people arent buying cars at the moment. Plus im gathering since its the Falcon Aniversary? What better way to celebrate?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
BLAKLISTED

excellent news for people like me on the hunt for something else!

MODS: 2.5 PEX EXHAUST, PACEMAKER 4490 EXTRACTORS, F6 LOWER INTAKE, XR6 TURBO UPPER INTAKE, 19" GT-P WHEELS, LOWERED 2".

NOW SOLD. BRING ON THE T/8!
BLAKLISTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Plus im gathering since its the Falcon Aniversary? What better way to celebrate?
Anyone looking at new Falcon would be nuts not to cash in on these attractive options for free..
I couldn't find the a new turbo ute in stock, so it made sense wait a few weeks and grab a 50th Anniversary model.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

well i went to trade in my BF xr6 in on the anniversary falcon ! all they could offer me is 14 000 for my falcon and the anniversary is 37 950 drive away ! i was very dissapoint in what they offerd me for my falcon
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
well i went to trade in my BF xr6 in on the anniversary falcon ! all they could offer me is 14 000 for my falcon and the anniversary is 37 950 drive away ! i was very dissapoint in what they offerd me for my falcon
How much do you think its worth??

You can buy FG XR6s for low 20's, theya re going to be pushing to get 18 kay for it on the yard, they need to roadworthy / detail, so 14k is where the money is.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

deatail is done already :-) i was expecting 16 - 17 000 dollars
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats 3g more than my ba xr8 ute
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what do you think a BAGT will get down to? I don't think I've seen a sub 20K one yet but close.
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

To much discussion on the updates from both camps. If not caring about whats coming it always makes sense to buy now or even wait until the new are are out ...... deals will even be better. I have been ready to buy for a while but just sitting twiddling fingers waiting for coyote
Quote:
In all seriousness, I think thats not a bad change over deal ..... would be pushing to get much more on a private sale these days.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i still owe 17 000 for my car xr6
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/va...w.php?id=11942
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
The trade-in price will reflect what the dealer will get if he wholesales it, that's all they will give wholesale.... and whilst dealers are moving plenty of new Fords there margins are very small..
I was offered $25 to $27k for my BF F6 and they only wanted if it was put back to stock, sold it private for almost $40k...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i still owe 17 000 for my car xr6
And did you tell the dealer this? A girl I was seeing was buying a BF2 XR6 a few months before FG and she owed 2 and a half more on her Focus than they offered her. So I told her to walk and when we told the dealer why they offered the extra in a heartbeat. End result was a Bionic XR6 6sp auto.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

awesome ! if they offer me what i owe they would have a deal !
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #16
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took the same approach when I was buying a car for my old lady. They had a Focus in the yard and I asked the dealer what the best cash price he could do was, he said $18,500, I said don't worry about it because she only had $17,000 to spend. He rang us 15 minutes later and offered the car for that price. I might sound like an ***, but if they didn't lie in the first place I wouldn't have to be.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
Took the same approach when I was buying a car for my old lady. They had a Focus in the yard and I asked the dealer what the best cash price he could do was, he said $18,500, I said don't worry about it because she only had $17,000 to spend. He rang us 15 minutes later and offered the car for that price. I might sound like an ***, but if they didn't lie in the first place I wouldn't have to be.
It is always the dealers fault, so if honesty was the problem here and they offered the car for $16000 but told you they were loosing $1000 to do it, would you still have given them the $17000, It works both ways you know. I dont call it liying i call it business and the best man always wins. It up to the individual who the best man is.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #18
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taking inflation into account, which is like a 30 odd % increase comparing the year 2000 to 2009... or something like that, I'm not an expert. The price of a brand new car would be pretty spot on with say 9-10 years ago.

A 2000 AU Falcon Forte at new was approx. $30,690 taking into account an average inflation increase of 3% every year... approx. 31% over 9 years.. the price of a 2010 FG XT Falcon at new should be approx.... $40,113.31?

http://news.drive.com.au

Quote:
" Prices increases between $100 and $1100 across the Falcon sedan range, with the base model XT starting at over $40,000 ($40,290 plus on-road costs) "
Source : http://www.rba.gov.au/calculator/annualDecimal.html

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #19
FocusLX06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Well i was talking to my Ford supplier today (who lives in my street) and he was telling me you can pick up brand new G6E Turbos for 45 kay, up to 48 kay with options.. Seriously whats the go with this??
These prices sound crazy. Ex demos or something? Which Ford dealer do I go to to get these prices?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #20
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Generally IF you owe more on your car than the trade in price, its added to the changeover figure
The car yard pays your loan out
I dont understand some people ,they want to buy new for a pittance and expect premium for a trade ???
Just doesnt happen
Supply and demand is correct in most situations,newer cars are cheap as noone is buying up(have we recovered successfully from the GFC yet?)
A coupla years ago,new cars had the biggest sales years and got bigger with every year,till recently
With that the 2nd hand cars were worthless
New cars depreciate rapidly in the first 3-5 years ,alot are just getting smarter with buying
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #21
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

yep! great deals out there. heres an example.

FALCON G6E
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #22
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit

I then thought id have a look online, SSV sedans 43 kay? G6ET's 45kay, G6E's 38 kay? HSV Maloo GXP 45 kay?? Whats the go with all the heavy discounting??

Anyone whos thinking about a new car would be MAD not to run in and grab one atm!!

Where state are you in?
I'm seriously looking at getting another g6 turbo; I've been depressed since it left.

Quote: