Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Why can't we live in peace?

Seriously.
I am personally puzzled by a particular trend in cars, and wanted to get some opinions on why it is occurring.
I looked for existing threads, and they are all closed, because people can’t discuss the issue without losing the plot and flaming off at each other.
So, with some trepidation, I started a new thread. I thought that if I kept it balanced, made it clear I wasn’t taking sides, and just wanted to know the reasoning behind the trend, that people might somehow be able to answer the question, or at least give their opinions in a reasonable and balanced manner. My Bad.
After one page it had already gone pear-shaped, so I tried to pull it back on track, but to no avail. 2 more pages up in flame and it’s closed.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which by definition means that just as you are entitled to yours, everyone else is entitled to have a different one. So just as I am entitled to say that Holdens are a mishmash of overrated GM castoffs, feral inbred bogans are entitled to say “Hold’ns fokkin rool Bra.”
Inherent in this concept is that you can’t abuse people for having a different opinion, otherwise you’d have millions abusing you for yours. So I shouldn’t called bogans “stupid” just because they like Holdens. (When in fact their stupidity derives from inbreeding and excessive pot smoking.)

Everybody loves their cars, but no car is perfect, and if you can’t stand valid critiquing of your favourites, then maybe you shouldn’t be here?
No car is ideal for every driving situation, but some are well-suited to specific applications. If your car perfectly fulfils your specific requirements, then you are fortunate, but it doesn’t make your car better than everyone else’s

In the words of President James Dale; “Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along?”

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 29-10-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Nothing wrong with me...

Dunno about these other blokes but =P

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

While I see your point, and you have some valid comments, I see this going nowhere fast....
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 29-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

upset mate?
Old 29-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another thread on a slippery slope to hell.....
Old 29-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Conflict happens after all it is a forum where as you said people have opinions that (shock horror) conflict.
But having a thread on why people have different opinions isnt really needed.
Closed Thread