Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Default Driver Side floor flooded :(

Went out to my car earlier and the driver side floor was flooded, i've had the car 9 mths and it's been through Melbournes toughest conditions but has always been bone dry inside. We have a tree that drops leaves and seems to always find its way into the scuttle area which pi$$es me off but is there any known problems that the AU's had for this? places i should look for etc? Any help would be great as i'm thinking dollar signs with mr panel beater atm ...

BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Manual or auto ? Could be a crack in the wall at the Clutch cable exit point if it be manual,or as simple as blocked drain hole down in the wiper area either way it sounds like pull apart time

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Manual or auto ? Could be a crack in the wall at the Clutch cable exit point if it be manual,or as simple as blocked drain hole down in the wiper area either way it sounds like pull apart time
It's an auto .. My EB xr8 cracked the firewall in that area but this being auto it had me puzzled ... a blocked drain hole in the wiper area would sound about right with these tiny leaves getting in there .. Can that be fixed from outside or do i need to go behind the dash etc?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Anyone done the job of cleaning the drainage holes? If it's some sort of job i don't mind taking it somewhere to get it done properly. I'm in Frankston if anyone has any ideas or knows what to do .. Just want this fixed asap with the rain we are having .....
Old 13-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Anyone??????
Old 13-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

PM sent
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

I think the best way is to take the guard off, then blow all the crap out of the hole. The you can clean it all out under the wiper motor area.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

try this first...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11220972

fixed my water problems.. anything suspect at all, just throw a tonne of silicon glue on it and make sure its got a good hold on the metal/paint...
Old 14-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
BZINGA