Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
BradZ
I'm still alive

Default This kind of thing annoys me.

Driving down the street yesterday, saw an old man in a white statesman backing out of angle parking, turned way too sharp and his rear left quarter panel hit another parked car's rear right quarter panel, he had wedged his car so hard against this car that the other car had even started to move so theres no way he just 'didn't notice'. He promptly put it in D and sped off. Leaving quite a large mark on this other car he had hit. Now I'm all for respecting the elderly but it makes it hard when they don't do any of the respecting back, has common courtesy gone right out the window?

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope you noted down the rego number and gave it to the driver of the hit car, police will track him down, fine him and provide details to the owner of damaged vehicle so it can be fixed.

People like that are scum.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
BradZ
I'm still alive

No unfortunatly i didnt't he merged a car ahead of us and i was too busy seeing what he'd done to the other car. The other car was a girl P plater too, fairly new also. Will insureance cover this?

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 14-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ
No unfortunatly i didnt't he merged a car ahead of us and i was too busy seeing what he'd done to the other car. The other car was a girl P plater too, fairly new also. Will insureance cover this?
Insurance will cove it provided the girl has it. She will need to pay excess and she may lose some of her NCB.

Shame you didn't get the rego.. many of us know very well the feeling you get when you return to your car only to find that some idiot has scraped / dented it then left no note.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
BradZ
I'm still alive

That's what i was thinking, that'd she'd be taking a hit for what she didn't have any part in. And it was more than a scrape, took paint off/swapped paint on about a half metre long/ 40cm wide patch.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 14-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Things like that make my blood boil.
If i had time to spare id try and follow him just to take the rego down, then give it to the rozzers...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People always assume old people are sweet and kind, especially old ladies, but most of them were ar*eholes when they were young, and they still are now that they're old. Hence why I treat old people the same as I treat younger people.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
munkky
turbo mafia

this happend to my lil sis aswell in a car park some bystander got the rego and gave us a note on our car. lucky

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
munkky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #9
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

mate this brings back bad memories for me....

Years ago i came back to my car in a car park and jumped in and noticed next to me i had an old guy in a brand new red statesman carprice backing his car out of the spot next to mine he was having alot of trouble getting out but i waited patiently for him and I remember looking at his face and thinking something is not right he looked really nervous...

anywho went home get out and what do i see right down the side of my car a big red mark on both doors and the guard.....

What a farkin ******************* this was in Rose bay and he was driving a brand new 80K holden so its not like he can not afford to pay for it.....I manged to buff all the red out but he left a dent down the rear door which was there until i got rid of the car.

I chased down a few red statesman's over the following weeks and months but none were him and i never saw the car again.

What a farkin **** sucker though..if only i backed in not parked nose first or even came back 1 min earlier, you know I would not even have been made if i saw him do it as we all make mistakes but what you do about the mistake is what make you a man and a decent human being or not.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
morak001
460 - cubes torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ
Driving down the street yesterday, saw an old man in a white statesman backing out of angle parking, turned way too sharp and his rear left quarter panel hit another parked car's rear right quarter panel, he had wedged his car so hard against this car that the other car had even started to move so theres no way he just 'didn't notice'. He promptly put it in D and sped off. Leaving quite a large mark on this other car he had hit. Now I'm all for respecting the elderly but it makes it hard when they don't do any of the respecting back, has common courtesy gone right out the window?
Saw a similar thing at a local chippy, old fella reversed into somebody's back door, a solid hit, but I got the rego number!

The owner wasn't around so I left a note on the victims car, cops rang shortly after for a statement, I think they said he owned up to it when he found out he got spotted, so I'm guessing my efforts were appreciated.

I dobbed him in 'cause I know how I would feel about it, those little car park dings from doors make me rather unhappy too.
morak001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

every country has scumbags, and we have our share here sadly.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
FgNewbie
Australia

I see people of all ages touch parking locally all too often. I always get their rego if I can. It really makes my blood boil. Depending on what I'm driving I'm tempted to return the favour.

Not long ago I watched a 20 something tradie in a jap 1 tonner reverse the rails of his tray over the top of a small sedan's bonnet. He ripped it up a beauty then drove off.

I agree some older drivers are scum. I found out years ago.

I was parked outside a friend's place. Someone's geriatric G'ma across the wide road started reversing out of her driveway. My friend screamed run. Got there in time to watch her reverse (ram) straight back landing in the side of my car. I stopped her from driving off by taking the keys out of the ignition.

My friend said to run because she had done it multiple times before.
She had the balls to deny doing it.

On a different occassion, I was walking back to my car. I saw a car trying to squeeze in front of mine. By the time I got to the car, I heard my driving lights being pushed through the grill. The old coot driving a bloody statesman tried to drive off but I blocked his path. He denied doing anything and wouldn't get out. Other than his threatening abuse, he offered to let his snarly doberman sort it out with me. As he drove off he broke his mirror when he drove into my arm. His rear quarter drove into my boot too.

I've had other damage done to cars and known who it was but not able to prove it. Like my neighbour running their bumper down the side of my car. All marks lined up but couldn't prove it. Karma sorted them out.

My brother had a 3 day old car parked on the street and it got severely side-swipped overnight without anyone seeing anything. He balled his eyes out for forgetting to put it in the drive - not that there was any reason to.

/rant
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sadly, this kind of thing is happening way too often. I was walking back to my car after work one day and saw a young girl trying to park besides my car, she ended up scraping my right rear wheel arch and she just took off. I was too far away at the time to get her rego and by the time I got in my car she was long gone.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
LTDHO
The one and only

It happens a lot.

People have no respect for oth peoples property and never want to accept responsibility.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
66GT

A few years ago, I returned to my well used EA to watch the lady next to me open her door into mine as she got out of her car. She didn't seem to care - so I politely told her that she needs to take more care to aviod this the future - her reply was that if she scratched my car you couldn't tell anyway because of all the others. I responded that all those scratches were the result of as*#oles like her. As I went to get into my car, I noticed that most of the paint down the edge of her 1-2 year old cars door was missing - indicating many similar 'accidential' bumps. I was not impressed with her attitude & when I opened my door I forced as hard as I could into hers, she saw me do this & proceeded to go off about the damage I did to her car. I told her that it would be allright, as every time i park next to her I'll add another & in a few months her nice car will be all scrached & dinged & devalued like mine then she won't see any new scratches. I did tell her to enjoy the rest of her day & drove off with her still yelling & screaming.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

This is why I park miles from anyone else and if I can't, I stay in the car and let the missus go in. People are much more carefull when their being watched.
Old 14-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
dogfish

Lazy Turds and shoppingTrolleys do my head in. Came out the other day to find a shopping trolley resting against the front bar of my partners RAV 4. Just put the trolley back don't leave it lying around the car park.
Had a guy damage one of my cars years ago and I was sitting in the car when he backed into it parking.
I confronted him and he said I would have to prove he did it and he wasn't admitting anything so I kicked both his headlights in as it was going on dusk at the time and simply said you'll have to prove I did that then see ya and proceeded to drive off with the one finger salute. Nasty I know but I felt damn Good. I miss Darwin.

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
AcidTrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfish
I miss Darwin.
True that ... Drivers up there are the worst. I spent 6 months staying at Larrakeyah and saw it all the time.

Mind you, it's like the wild west up there too. Vigilante justice was the best kind =]
AcidTrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Tough Ford

Ring local cop shop, report incident, they will work it out, simple. Damage on elderly persons vehicle a total giveaway. I get the s..ts with a little scratch, let alone nearly having a quarter panel ripped off.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
FgNewbie
Australia

His rear quarter drove into my boot too

I phrased that poorly.
He didn't hit the boot of my car.

It was the steel tip boot on my foot that accidentally collided with his rear quarter.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #21
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I always do my best to park next to mercs and top end cars, also brand spanking new cars (but not little old ladies echo lol) that way I figure they care enough about theirs to not want to ding mine. Also when in parking complexes I will park in the bay next to the pillar, then I will pull in almost scraping my mirror on it, so on one side I have the pillar proteccting the car and usually I am so far over in my bay it would be hard even for a blind person to hit me.

I came back to the car once and my mrs was sitting in it. She told me the car next to us let their kids smash the car with the door, I said "did you say anything to them" she replied "no", well I won't explain the drive home lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

since i reluctantly started using the EL Ghia V8 for work (it's on gas), it has gone from very good condition to not so good. In 9 months, it's received a massive white scrape on the front left bumper, a big dent in the boot from someone throwing their shopping on it, a hit on the rear right where all the paint is now falling off, and more than ten new door dents. It's just had a full detail and wax, and yesterday i come out of work to find someone's coke can sitting on the boot..

No one cares, cars are just transport (and bins) to some people so you've just gotta suck it up.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

sadly and you will be suprised, the old folk are sometimes oblivious to what they have done and it's common for them to proceed as if nothing has happend.

their senses aren't what they use to be, if we get there we may be in the same boat!
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #24
Hulsty

I did my good deed last week, pulled into a carpark, vehicle next to me proceeded to reverse out as I was exciting my car. He reversed right across the carpark and straight into the back of a newish Honda and drive off!! It was a solid whack too. I sprinted after him yelling and banging on his car till I reached the door as he was driving.

He stopped, bloke probably in his 50's I told him, "I just saw you reverse into that car, the owner is probably inside the shop best you park it and sort it out"

He didnt really say much, kinda just sheepishly said sorry I didnt realise.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I agree with finding the most pristine car to park next to.

I def don't park next to excriment condition cars

I also agree with parking further away. Large people generally won't walk, plus need to open their doors more to accomadate their rear ends.

Keeping a small hammer next to the seat to protect against road ragers, plus return 'karma' works too.

Last edited by my_gxl; 14-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #26
Scott

I don't park next to anything with a babyseat unless it has sliding doors or anything that looks rough. I am less worried now with the Lexus than I was with any of my Fords because it is a baby bus and will get knocks and scrapes but I was a parking nazi in years gone by.

Funnily enough, it's my wife who's blood boils in carparks.... if you don't have kids and you park in a "parents with prams" spot - LOOK OUT!!! Little blonde girl right there to read you the riot act!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Ford
Ring local cop shop, report incident, they will work it out, simple. Damage on elderly persons vehicle a total giveaway. I get the s..ts with a little scratch, let alone nearly having a quarter panel ripped off.
How exactly will they work it out?
I doubt the have either a time machine or a crystal ball.

Don't waste their time.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #28
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

It's not just the elderly, but young drivers too. I had a teenage girl back out of a car park in a shopping centre and hit me. I was stationary at 't' intersection in the car park the time waiting for the traffic to go when she pulled out opposite the intersection. I hit the horn and tried to back up but she kept going until she hit. She looked back in the mirror, gave me the one finger salute then drove off!!! I followed her until we got to a set of red lights and I could get out and ask her to pull over or I was ringing the police. She had damage to hers which she claimed she did ages ago, but had my color on it. My damage buffed out. Her excuse for leaving and flipping the bird? Because I blew the horn.......
My son's EB was parked outside his work which is angle parking. Within a week he had both sides hit by different elderly women. If it wasn't for the fact he heard the hit both times and managed to run outside to stop them from leaving, both would've ****ed off.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Back one evening in 1999, I dropped my parents off to the international airport in my DL ltd. Parked in the carpark, came back about an hour later. Anyway, as I was walking throught the carpark I watched this mid 40 year old scumbag in a honda park next to me, get out and put his brief case on my boot lid whilst he's looking for something else. I was running at that stage and confronted him; "What the (expletive deleted) do you think you're doing?" He then snatched his bag leaving lots of nice little scratches where it had been. As I surveyed the damage (knew they would easily buff out, but that's not the point), he remarked "Don't worry, it's only a Ford". I got mad. I grabbed his brief case, swung it and threw it as far as I could. When it hit the ground, it burst open and all this idiots papers etc went everywhere. I came back at him; "Don't worry mate, it's only a briefcase". He quickly ran after his papers now blowing everywhere.
The ironic thing is, he was deriding my car for being "only a ford" - it cost 72K nine months earlier, and he turns up in this early 90's integra worth maybe 7K. As I reversed out and drove away, I could see him scurrying around between parked cars chasing his papers. The sight was worth me spending 15 minutes to fix the scratches.

Quote: