Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
sallad61

Default URGENT! BEM car wont start?

Hi All, have got a problem with car not starting after replacing BEM. tried the 30 min thing & it still wont start!!Can anyone HELP PLZ?EF fairmont wagon series2

sallad61 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

The vehicle, (I assume to be a BA or BF MkII) needs to be programed by a Ford dealer as the systems now don't recognise the BEM you have installed.

(perhaps a Mod will move this to a more appropriate thread...)

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
sallad61

Default Sorry EFfairmont Wagon

Was only hoping someone in pub area may see it as have been trying everything!from manual`s to post`s & still can`t get it starting?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

EF Fairmont ay?

Should be as simple as the 30min trick. If I remember right the SmartLock light will stop flashing after is has finished pairing itself to your car? I dunno its been a while - but I always left mine for 45-60mins before trying to make sure it had done it correctly.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
sallad61

Default yeh ok?

thanks for that but am hoping it doesn`t drain battery?,that is why I had to put another BEM in 1st place.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
Cam
Stroking it...

Ignition on reds, leave it for 30 mins, all doors will lock and then unlock, and off you go..

New BEM needed after drained battery? Never heard that...
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
sallad61

Default Bem?

have done the 45min with ignition on red`s &still will not spark,seem`s like it is still in imobilised state?.the reason I got a 2nd hand replacement BEM is the AE said it needed it after he had worked on getting airbag light fixed!,no sooner left shop & car stopped,he came & gave knock to plastic panel & it kicked over but ever since the battery has been draining if I don`t start it every 12hrs,have to put on charge. 700 buck`s later &our car has never been same since we let him work on it!. Any advice on what to do now guy`s?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hmm, my nephews EF has the same problem with the BCM, he has to tap the dash to get it to fire, but its never flattened the battery.
Have you tried tapping the cover with the replacement BCM in?
It may be that the 2nd hand one is dodgy too.

Failing that,i'd be straight back to the AE asap and telling him to sort it.
If the car started and ran ok before he touched it its his problem.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post