Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
munners

Exclamation Another dealership horry story

This is unbelievebale, but true!

My brother is in the market for a new car, he's had a laser for over ten years, it gets crashed into and written off. So the other weekend he goes out, looks at Corollas, Mazda 3s etc and then decides to stick with Ford and test drives a used Mondeo then a new Focus.

He likes the Focus, asks around to see what people think and then decides thats the car for him. He had gotten a price from the dealer already and was looking getting the cheque for his old car form the insurance company, checking finance options for new car, insurance costs, etc. You know how it is, you have to organise everything to come together at the same time.

So yesterday the finance guy from xxxxxxxxxxxx rings him at work and is putting the whole "We'll look after you with finance, we're on your side" thing to him. Thats cool, my brother says yeah he's still really wants the car he just wants to check out all the other options.

Now here's the unbelievable part.

XXXXXXX must have trouble with phones because he thinks he's hung up but actually turned on hands free and after that he starts mocking my bro saying "oh this guys stalling and playing the FU#*iN@ victim card" and other crap. Just generlly bad mouthing him beacause he didn't commit to buying the car straight away. My bro hears all of this and then queitly says "XXXXXXXX?, hello....?"

At this point someone then comes over and hangs the phone up properly. So for the rest of the day xxxx Ford are ringing trying to get him to still buy the car and apologising for XXXXXXXX blunder.

Are they serious? If thats how they regard their customers before they have your money, what would happen if you went back in 12 months with a warranty claim? Do they actually believe you would buy a car off them after that?

I know all Ford dealers are not like that, and maybe it was just XXXXXXX that have no idea of customer service (or how to use a phone) but keep that in mind when you are thinking of buying your ner car. There are probably better dealerships XXXXXXXXXXX.

Munners

Last edited by HSE2; 16-03-2011 at 11:55 AM.
munners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default Re: Titan Ford are idiots

If it were me, I'd front up to the dealer and ring every last penny off the price. Then let them sit on that for a week while seeing if a more reputable dealer can come close to matching the quote.

I've had to deal with a lions share of new car dealers (Holden and Ford), and you have got to use any means possible to get a decent price and service. This dealer may have just screwed themselves and by the sounds of it, they know it!

Take full advantage of it, and let them sweat on it. Either that or report xxxxxx to the owner and walk away. But any person (regardless of job) needs a good swift kick in the gentlemans region for such disgusting behaviour.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build

Last edited by HSE2; 16-03-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Titan Ford are idiots

What a muppet, Good on ya for naming and shaming too..

I'd be going to a competing dealer, then going back to xxxxxx and letting them know, and tell them it's on a forum.

Last edited by HSE2; 16-03-2011 at 08:57 AM.
DBourne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
HSE2

Default Re: Another dealership horry story

What's happened isn't very nice but it happens all the time.

A person under pressure can react in a number of ways.

Not making any excuses but this is one person in a dealership that has undeniably made a mistake and got caught.

I don't think the dealership should pay the price for this individual’s indiscretion so I have removed the business name. Those comments by a finance agent doesn't equate to the original thread title.

I have removed the individuals name because, well people make mistakes. No one knows what was going on with XXXXX for him to say what he did on this occasion.

This is another example of why Ford continues to struggle in this country. Many people would walk away from not only this dealership but the Ford brand as punishment.

Effectively all the comment means is that he didn’t think the dealing party was serious. You have to consider just how many times this must go on everyday or at least how it must look to be sitting on that side of the table. There is going to be a level of frustration.
If it were me I would simply let the dealership know that you guys did over hear what was said and were not impressed and see what that gets you. It gives you a position of greater power if anything, outing them on a forum does not.
That’s just me.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehehe.. I find this story very funny.. But let’s not make this anymore than what it is.. A funny story..

We have ALL hung up the phone & bad month the person we were just talking to. Weather it was a customer, supplier, friends or family.

2nd, coming onto a public forums & writing someone’s full name & work makes you no better than the person you write about!! You could get this person fired which is not right!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
munners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
2nd, coming onto a public forums & writing someone’s full name & work makes you no better than the person you write about!! You could get this person fired which is not right!
So you're saying if you were in the market for a new car you wouldn't want to know who is a good dealer and who isn't? Maybe this was a one off incident but maybe its something that happens all the time.

Sorry, can't see your logic there........

Munners
Old 16-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hehehe.. I find this story very funny.. But let’s not make this anymore than what it is.. A funny story..
I find it not funny at all its disgraceful.

Quote:
We have ALL hung up the phone & bad month the person we were just talking to. Weather it was a customer, supplier, friends or family.
Well this shows the sort of person you are, and I hope not having to deal with you, and I feel sorry for your family and friends if you have any left that speak to you

Quote:
2nd, coming onto a public forums & writing someone’s full name & work makes you no better than the person you write about!!
Yes it does as he is warning fellow forum members about this low life scum bag and about his business ethics and customes service

Quote:
You could get this person fired which is not right!
Let's hope so, I would actually approach the dealer principal and say I will still buy the car, provided they can show me that they are committed to customer service by firing this grub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
What's happened isn't very nice but it happens all the time.

A person under pressure can react in a number of ways.

Not making any excuses but this is one person in a dealership that has undeniably made a mistake and got caught.

I don't think the dealership should pay the price for this individual’s indiscretion so I have removed the business name. Those comments by a finance agent doesn't equate to the original thread title.

I have removed the individuals name because, well people make mistakes. No one knows what was going on with XXXXX for him to say what he did on this occasion.

This is another example of why Ford continues to struggle in this country. Many people would walk away from not only this dealership but the Ford brand as punishment.

Effectively all the comment means is that he didn’t think the dealing party was serious. You have to consider just how many times this must go on everyday or at least how it must look to be sitting on that side of the table. There is going to be a level of frustration.
If it were me I would simply let the dealership know that you guys did over hear what was said and were not impressed and see what that gets you. It gives you a position of greater power if anything, outing them on a forum does not.
That’s just me.
Sorry but this is a very sad excuse book, if he gets frustrated and does not like the way the OP does business, and the fact the OP does his research before shelling out the $$$ for a new car may be he is in the wrong job.

There are no excuses for this grubs behaviour and he should lose his job over it, if I was the dealer principal, this bloke would be out the door so fast his head would spin, and I would make him liable for the lost revenue of the sale as well.

And he should also be named so people can be aware of him and not deal with him.

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 16-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by munners
So you're saying if you were in the market for a new car you wouldn't want to know who is a good dealer and who isn't? Maybe this was a one off incident but maybe its something that happens all the time.

Sorry, can't see your logic there........

Munners
Yes it does. That is the way people are.

So why have you not gone to the dealer and explained the error of their ways in order to hep them become better at their jobs instead of slagging them off on a public forum "playing the victim card"?

You are no different to them..........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys & girls are taking life all too seriously!!

This really his not a big deal.. Built a bridge & get on with life
Old 16-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and Ford wonders why sales are down the gurgler!!!!
Old 16-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

So why have you not gone to the dealer and explained the error of their ways in order to hep them become better at their jobs instead of slagging them off on a public forum "playing the victim card"?

I feel he has come on the forum to make others aware....I thought this is what it is all about?? Warning others from getting done over by the same people
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
and Ford wonders why sales are down the gurgler!!!!
Actually Ford sale are up this year in a market that is down!!
Old 16-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
I find it not funny at all its disgraceful.

Well this shows the sort of person you are, and I hope not having to deal with you, and I feel sorry for your family and friends if you have any left that speak to you

Yes it does as he is warning fellow forum members about this low life scum bag and about his business ethics and customes service

Let's hope so, I would actually approach the dealer principal and say I will still buy the car, provided they can show me that they are committed to customer service by firing this grub.

Sorry but this is a very sad excuse book, if he gets frustrated and does not like the way the OP does business, and the fact the OP does his research before shelling out the $$$ for a new car may be he is in the wrong job.

There are no excuses for this grubs behaviour and he should lose his job over it, if I was the dealer principal, this bloke would be out the door so fast his head would spin, and I would make him liable for the lost revenue of the sale as well.

And he should also be named so people can be aware of him and not deal with him.
100% Agree with you mate. This salemans behaviour is very unexceptable doesn't matter what his excuse.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had my ute serviced at the local ford dealer yesterday, they had the receptionist/office lady drive my car out and i dropped her back and the dealership. she commented how surprised she was that my car was so smooth. i'm thinking she works at a Ford dealership and doesn't even know how good the product is? she's worked there for as long as i can remember, not a newbie.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
munners

Quote:

Are you serious?

The dealership (and dealer principal) is aware of the situation. If you read the origianl post you will see where i wrote "So for the rest of the day XXXXX Ford are ringing trying to get him to still buy the car and apologising for XXXXXXXX blunder."

Is it my job to help them become a better dealership? If they need the error of their ways explained to them well they are clearly in the wrong game. But hey maybe i should and then afterwards they can come and help me do my job That would be nice.....

Please explain how I am no differnet to them?? I don't sell cars, I don't alienate my customers....

Munners
Old 16-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hurt them where it hurts most, buy the car somewhere else and tell all your friends and family why.

There are 2 sides to the story though working in car dealership is a frustrating job but the better ones usually take it in their stride and make it work for them! Theres plenty of bad customers around to that will bad mouth you as a salesman / finance rep just because you can't help them!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #17
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While I agree it's good to know of instances of poor customer sevice so we can avoid it in future ourselves, this has to be balanced by the fact we only have one side to the story. Naming someone on the net regarding their poor attitude/customer service traits is probably not a wise move.

Was it a dead set certainty the sales guy was referring to the OP's brother ? For all we know he could have been referring to a person who is looking at buying his house.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
munners

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Hurt them where it hurts most, buy the car somewhere else and tell all your friends and family why.
further developments....

My bro talks to the original dealership. He says he was very disappointed with the service and would not be comfortable buying from them unless it was a really good deal. They say fair enough, we'll get back to you.

When they come back with a new deal it is better than before. They say its the best they can do and he would save a bit of money.

Bro then rings me and he tells me the numbers, I visit my local Ford dealer, (he lives in Dee Why, I live in Newcastle) and in 30 minutes the local guys do a better deal with a lower weekly repayment and they throw in sat nav and carpets as well, on exactly the same car. Either the first guys weren't really trying that hard (which would be suprising under the circumstances) or the guys here just wanted the sale more.

So for whats its worth, I recommend Kloster Ford at Cardiff. I will tell my friends and family and when the new Ranger comes out thats where I'll be headed to.

Munners
Old 16-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make it work for you. If you buy the car from another dealer nothing happens. If you screw down the original dealer by getting a lower price AND an appology two things may happen. 1. The dealer loses profit on a car he could have sold at a higher price and the principle won't be happy if he actually sells at a loss keeping you happy. 2. The lasting effect of every time you go in for a service or a look, staff, one in particular, will be reminded of an unpleasant incident which caused another staff member to almost lose his job etc. This will probably lead to better service to you also.
I think that as a human being we all make mistakes and to demand this persons job is over the top. He missed 1 or 2 buttons on his phone and you missed 1 or 2 in your thread title, no one is perfect.

Just read your last post, your brother should now go back with the new offer and point out that they still obviously aren't all that sorry and he will be buying his car somewhere else. If their offer was borderline profit then if they beat the new one it will hurt them more.

Last edited by deesun; 16-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eh take it on the chin find another dealer and use it as a dinner table conversation starter and move on

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Zero_PSI
Banned

I can see the frustration in these guys. But, it's no exscuse for the behaviour.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Over reaction much?

Yeah I would be peeved, tell them so and then move on either using it for a better discount or going to another dealer but it is more a case of foot in mouth my the sales bloke on the phone and embarrassingly so. Retail is very frustrating and after doing all the ground work being promised an order and counting on it and then being dicked around of course you say things out of ear shot, privately or under your breath but with a smile in the face of the customer.

Totally different and very news worthy if he said it to his face but anyone here who never says anything wrong or under your breath about anyone else is just the perfect person and I personally haven't met one of those yet.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I dont think it is fair to get on here and tarnish one dealership because of one clown

I would just walk away and never buy from them again

I too had a very bad experience at one Ford Dealership: I asked for a test drive of a GT, F6 and G6ET. All three demos was sitting in front of me and I had confirmed what demos they had available before I turned up...
the salesman didnt think I was serious about buying a new car and basically told me, "When you make up your mind what you want come back to us."
Ended up buying my car from someone else.

I half considered complaining to the Dealer Principal but thought better of it. I remember the saleman wore a wedding band and thought "what if the bloke has a young family?" I put it down to him having a bad day and moved on

I suggest you do the same and pull up with this approach.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #24
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by munners
Are you serious?

The dealership (and dealer principal) is aware of the situation. If you read the origianl post you will see where i wrote "So for the rest of the day XXXXX Ford are ringing trying to get him to still buy the car and apologising for XXXXXXXX blunder."

Is it my job to help them become a better dealership? If they need the error of their ways explained to them well they are clearly in the wrong game. But hey maybe i should and then afterwards they can come and help me do my job That would be nice.....

Please explain how I am no differnet to them?? I don't sell cars, I don't alienate my customers....

Munners
So you have never said anything bad about someone behind their back?
It is never a problem unless you get caught is it?

And right now YOU are saying bad things about THEM behind their back.

And that is ok because you don't sell cars is it?

They are not your friends, they are just people who have cars that you might want to buy.

Are you going to pay full price for the car or try to screw them for a better price?

Are you going to then try to screw them for a cheaper finance deal?

Do you really thing the super friendly sales guy and finance guy after it is all over are you going to be your friends and vist you and play happly little vegemites?

Simple question:

From whom do you buy the car?

a) The really nice guy who is wonderful to you but wants $40k
b) The arrogant pig who thinks you are a dropkick but wants $35k

Big boys rules.......no crying allowed.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
I feel he has come on the forum to make others aware....I thought this is what it is all about?? Warning others from getting done over by the same people
How exactly is he "getting done over"?

No wonder the world is how it is today, the way people over react to the ****iest of things these days.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #26
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm guessing the humour went over the heads of most.
Old 16-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #27
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you have never said anything bad about someone behind their back?
It is never a problem unless you get caught is it?

They are not your friends, they are just people who have cars that you might want to buy.

Are you going to pay full price for the car or try to screw them for a better price?

Do you really thing the super friendly sales guy and finance guy after it is all over are you going to be your friends and vist you and play happly little vegemites?

Simple question:

I do like this post. Top notch although there should always be a standard of customer service and etiquette from salesmen.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #28
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Geez anyone would think this is the beige sisters of pre-menstrual agony Australia forums.

A bloke on the other end of the phone said something you don’t like…get used to it, it’s called life. If you want the car bad enough then it shouldn’t stop you.

If a salesman on the end of the phone says something about you when you are on hold, does it still offend you?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #29
munners

Quote:
So you have never said anything bad about someone behind their back? .
Should hear what im saying about you!

Quote:
It is never a problem unless you get caught is it?.
Woops..

Quote:

Well this IS a public forum and technically all i did was recount the events as they happened.

Quote:

I never said I wanted to be friends, its really just about professionalism, courtesy and how they do their job. And by the way, that short sightedness is a big mistake in business. They lost one sale for sure, but also the servicing and any chance of future sales. Also, this is a story that a lot of people will hear except when I tell it face to face I say the names of those involved. How is that good for business?

Quote:
Simple question:

Well actually its option C, the nice guy who matches or even slightly betters the arrogant pigs offer. Thats exaclty what happened so welcome to the world of competition! I can't accpet the position that you have to be confrontational and aggressive to get the best deal. You just accept that they are going to make money from you and try to get the best deal you can. I make money off my customers, and to be brutally honest, I want to make as much as I can. Thats how the world works. I don't take it personally if they ask for a discount, I just see what i can do, its all part of the game. And fair enough.

Thats the whole point really, I'm just telling the story of getting crap service and going somewhere else for a better deal. In this instance it was a better deal with better service. So win, win really huh?

Munners
Old 16-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #30
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Wow someone overhears someone bagging them and you want them to loose there job ....what is wrong with you people .

He stuffed up by not hanging up properly....use it against him ,get a good deal .

And if you have never ever said 1 bad word about anyone , then u should be the next pope , you have already proven that wrong by starting this thread ,......get over it ..seriously