Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Headrests on WS

Just a quick question: how do you adjust the head rests ALL the way down so it sits on the top of the seat with no gap?

2 reasons I ask:

1. My wife is quite short and needs it lowered all the way for safety.
2. Fitting one piece seat covers.

Currently, no matter what I try, by pressing the button on the side I can adjust all the way up (and off - illegal to leave it like this) but only down so far as it locks about 5 cms above the back of the seat.

The rear headrests adjust all the way down with no problems.

Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Headrests on WS

My wife is short as well, but i think ours is low enough for her... I will have to find out...

In regards the one piece seat covers, you would need to buy covers that have spaces for the air bags as far as im aware. Could be wrong. Dani would know though...

Also on a side note, I saw in the paper from the weekend WS Zetec demo runout for $18888...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Caydus

When i had custom seat covers made, the seat cover guy said that one of his clients was in a car crash and the side airbags ripped through his 2mil thick sheepskin leather covers like tissue paper.
I had the holes made just to be on the safe side, but yea, take it as you will...
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
somers181

The gap should be about 0.5cm not 5 cm..............(are you talking about the gap between headrest and seat???)
I'm the oposite at 6' and wanted to remove the passenger headrest alltogether but they are locked in and cannot be removed so whem i'm driving on my own to and from work i move the passenger seat forward so the headrest lines up with the pillar and then no blind spot (almost).
When the passenger seat is moved back the headrest creates a huge blind spot when you need to change lanes.........