Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
tommyd
Starter Motor

Default WT Fiesta Bluetooth with HTC Desire problems

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a new WT Fiesta Zetec TDCi today and am having no end of trouble getting my HTC Desire (Android 2.2) to work with the onboard Bluetooth system.

Both phone and car can see each other and can pair up without issue (as far as I can tell). The blue bluetooth light is visible in the bottom right of the car centre screen and I can see my phone name within the menus. From there things get very difficult to diagnose...

If I try to make a call, I get a message on my phone that the Bluetooth headset has been disconnected, the phone continues to make the call, but does not send the sound to the car, putting it through the regular phone earpiece instead.

If I try to stream music to the stereo, after selecting the Bluetooth AUX input and pressing play on my phone's music player I get no sound anywhere, and the car screen simply displays a large bluetooth logo and nothing else.

I have tried toggling the bluetooth profiles in the phone, but these get overridden when I reconnect to the vehicle, with the vehicle demanding both phone and media profiles ON.

I can't seem to work out if the issue lies within the car or the phone.

Any hints?

tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
shroomies49

Default Re: WT Fiesta Bluetooth with HTC Desire problems

I have a HTC Lengend .. I had a few issues with the bluetooth staying connected to the car when i was nowhere near it! I sent my phone away under warrenty to go get fixed. All they did was flash it and upgrade the software

Trying backing up your phone and flashing it and upgrading your phone's software.

Cheers

Tenille

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
tommyd
Starter Motor

Default Re: WT Fiesta Bluetooth with HTC Desire problems

Yeah, I performed a factory reset on my phone and the problem vanished. Now the system works perfectly.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post