Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
Fiestaman

Default WT Fiesta Powershift reset fixes problem

I had previously reported my Powershift hanging on to over 3000rpm in first and second even under very light throttle. Very annoying in slow traffic.
Well, the upshot of this is that I had some warranty work that needed to be done (replace sump due to oil leak and new door lock to activate interior light) Also reported slight surging when driving.
Dealer reset onboard computer and what a difference! 1st now shifts at +/- 2000rpm and 2nd about the same. This has made it a treat to drive especially in slow stop/start traffic.
So any Fiesta owners out there who have the same problem a reset will cure it and the box will shift with low revs at low throttle openings.

Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
j0lx
Starter Motor

Default Re: WT Fiesta Powershift reset fixes problem

I've had my Fiesta Zetec with Powershift for only 400km so far, and it's doing exactly what you're mentioning here.

Is there anyone on this forum who knows whether you can do a computer reset yourself?
j0lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Benjamin Smith

pretty sure if you go to ford and try claiming it under warrenty they will do it and mention the comment above
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Fiestaman

Take it to your Ford dealer and ask them to reset the computer -it's covered under warranty. (Don't let the dealer fob you off with "They all do that" or " It will "learn" your driving habits").
Made a huge difference to my gear changes and the car is now a pleasure to drive and much better in stop-start traffic. Also improved the fuel economy by having the box shift at lower engine speeds.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
j0lx
Starter Motor

You mean there's no big red button under the dash marked 'reset'?

And where's the 'sport mode' button on the shift lever? There is a little snowflake button, but no 'sport' button. I thought they localised the experiece for each geography.... I wouldn't mind a more spirited shift pattern, especially for stop-start traffic. Has anyone else noticed the lag when you brake then accelerate, e.g. slowing down in a lane of traffic, then moving into the accelerating lane on the right, there seems to be a dangerous half-second to a second lag while the revs go sky high and the gearbox drops down one too many gears and the car virtually bogs before taking off? I earnyl gotwiped off the face of the earth by a heavy vehicle in that right lane. I thought I had plenty of space, but by the time I had committed to the lane change, and waited for the Fiesta to react, it was closing in on me fast! Freaky!
j0lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post