Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
heaps79
Starter Motor

Default Do you regret not buying a Titanium ?

I finally sold my car and can move on and purchase a Mondeo. This car I have never been so indecisive about !! I've gone from wanting aIX35, Sportage and found myself now eyeing off the Mondeo cause it has the boot space I need, economy from the diesel and the sporty looks! But I'm wondering if I'd kick myself for not getting a Titanium over the Zetec. I'm not fussed about the sunroof but I'd love the adaptive cruise and led running lights. But I can't justify the extra cost.
Did you have the same toss up??

heaps79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
msford

Default Re: Do you regret not buying a Titanium ?

I did have the same quandary. And I went for the Titanium. I don't have any regrets, but I've never driven the Zetec for a comparison. In hindsight, I do reckon I would've been disappointed if I had bought the Zetec. It helped that I had a friend who had an MB Titanium and he raved about it, and justifiably so, imo. But don't overburden yourself financially. It is just a car and it's not necessarily worth getting into more debt (if you are borrowing money) if it's going to put you close to your financial limit. If you've got the money, though, go for it.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Mackspower

Hi heaps79, I've recently made the same sort of choice. The zetec does have a great level of equipment doesn't it ! For me it was the sunroof, the ambient led lighting in the cabin, the keyless entry, the wheels and the body kit. There's a lot of subtle extra's too with the titanium like footwell lighting, floornats, etc that swing the balance.

The other thing for me is that I've never owned a top of the range car before (and therefore) I have owned a number of "zetec" level models in other brands and I always really wanted to have that little extra prestige. Who says the ego should be ignored? <laugh> Anyway just my two cents, I'm at a stage in life where I can afford it so I'm going to enjoy every minute of ownership. Hope that contributes to the topic.

Good luck with your choice, you can't go wrong with a Mondeo - the fundamentals are so good, there's really no risk . . . the car is that good.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

I don't. I always had the intention of getting a Titanium Diesel as the new family hack, be it a MB or MC, but I acted on a spur of the moment decision to buy a 2009 MB XR5 when one became available locally.
True, I've only just got it, and maybe there hasn't been enough time for regrets, but it is an awesome package. Helps that the XR5's are pretty much Titaniums inside too I guess.
The argument in my own head come down to Petrol/Manual or Auto/Diesel.
It is true that I wanted the extra toys it comes with over the Zetec, so the Zetec never got a look in really. Helps that the car was Zetec money in the end also. I'm wrapped.