Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
AGE1%
Starter Motor

Default 2003 AuII xr8

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the fuel filter is i have followed the fuel lines in the engine bay but can't seem to see it. Is it located near the fuel tank or am i just being daft or does it look different to normal fuel filters?

AGE1% is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

Default Re: 2003 AuII xr8

Its located on the Passengers side, directly underneith the Rear door. You will see 3 steel lines, one of which goes into a steel looking cylinder (your fuel filter)

goodluck

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Wolfghost
Starter Motor

I'm not to computer savy so i was unable to start new thread, my auii xr8 is missing, three cylinder to be exact, had efi dude out and has pinned the problem to the computer, no signal for air flow meter, did compression test 5psi differance between the lot, car has done approx 223,000 klms, sent computer away for repair, unable to find fault, replaced afm sensor was dirty and last time i cleaned it saved a bucket in fuel, have replace coils. leads. plugs etc, still same problem, disconnected afm to see if still starts,as was told wouldn't start if disconnected, still starts and runs the same, as i cannot keep throwing money at it to get repaired, (dont earn a huge amount, only a spare parts interpreter) efi dude out to re examine car in a couple of days, any suggestions where to look would be appreciated, or if had same problem would be great help, Blue oval for life.
Cheers
Wolfghost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

When did this start to happen, has your car AU got a Mafless Tune ie, no need for a signal from the AFM?

Has the Throttle body sensor been played with?
Are the oxygen sensors in the exhaust ok, still connected?
Double check your spark plugs, they are easy to crack, when you replace them if you don't tighten them with care.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I'd like to know where you got a 2003 AU2 XR8 from.....
Old 10-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me thinks the 2 and 3 are the wrong way around.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Me thinks the 2 and 3 are the wrong way around.
what a 3002 AU XR8

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
what a 3002 AU XR8
Great Scott!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
what a 3002 AU XR8
They say the AU styling is timeless
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #10
Wolfghost
Starter Motor

the joys of typo's 2001 auII xr8
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
KiwiTracy
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2001 AuII xr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfghost View Post
I'm not to computer savy so i was unable to start new thread, my auii xr8 is missing, three cylinder to be exact, had efi dude out and has pinned the problem to the computer, no signal for air flow meter, did compression test 5psi differance between the lot, car has done approx 223,000 klms, sent computer away for repair, unable to find fault, replaced afm sensor was dirty and last time i cleaned it saved a bucket in fuel, have replace coils. leads. plugs etc, still same problem, disconnected afm to see if still starts,as was told wouldn't start if disconnected, still starts and runs the same, as i cannot keep throwing money at it to get repaired, (dont earn a huge amount, only a spare parts interpreter) efi dude out to re examine car in a couple of days, any suggestions where to look would be appreciated, or if had same problem would be great help, Blue oval for life.
Cheers
Did you ever find out what your problem was? Mine has just started missing too, and its only done 60,000k's!
KiwiTracy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Wolfghost
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2001 AuII xr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiTracy View Post
Did you ever find out what your problem was? Mine has just started missing too, and its only done 60,000k's!
After replacing, harmonic balancer (slipped 14deg) cam syncronizer, all injectors cleaned and serviced, redid the planium gaskets, leads plugs and now have 4 yes 4 spare new coil packs Yes i did, after spending 3 thousand dollars on auto electricans,I took it to a mate (auto electrician/ Ford mechanic of 18 years)i hadn't seen for a long time he found the problem in 2 hrs,
It had broken a valve spring, replaced all the valve springs and now runs like a dream as everything electronic under the bonnet is new. I hope this helps

Cheers Wolfghost