Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking It's Arrived!

Hi All,

My Brand New Fiesta Zetec arrived yesterday. Put about 200kms on it yesterday enjoying everything about it.

Purchased it as an undriven Demo for 19990 with a full tank and a set of mats. Its a manual, Petrol in Metropolitan Grey.

Observations so far; Drinking a bit at the moment. Averaging about 7.5l/100kms which i can understand as the engine is still trying to run in. (has 245kms on the clock)
Also a question. i have noticed when the car is locked, i can still open the fuel filler cap... is this normal? i find it a little worrying to be honest. My mothers 07 Focus's filler cap locks, father SS Commodore one locks, and my Old 04 Fiesta has a lock on it.

Otherwise very happy, still exploring all the features and very impressed with the comfort and noise levels. Could see myself driving for hours without getting tired or sore.

Pictures to follow when all this rain goes away and i can give it a wash.

Thanks.

fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: It's Arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
i have noticed when the car is locked, i can still open the fuel filler cap... is this normal? i find it a little worrying to be honest. My mothers 07 Focus's filler cap locks, father SS Commodore one locks, and my Old 04 Fiesta has a lock on it.
It won't lock but if it has that capless refilling thing, you can't jam a hose in it to get fuel out, you need that special attachment that came with the car.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
It won't lock but if it has that capless refilling thing, you can't jam a hose in it to get fuel out, you need that special attachment that came with the car.
Ok thats alright then.

Just thought it was a little weird that it was lockable.
Old 26-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
wakeboardandy

where's the pics?
wakeboardandy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Non-lockable fuel cap ... try pouring some milk in there and watch it run out of the car ... you need a petrol-nozzle shaped device to actually get fuel in or out of the vehicle, a hose etc. is useless.

I noticed my fuel economy really improved after about 10-15,000kms ... so it may take a while to run in.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
Caydus

Well to be absolutely honest, the fuel filter cap can be pierced by that section of plastic pipe they give you in the mobility kit foam block thingy under your boot.
It's easy and handy to be able to pop open the lid and shove a petrol nozzle in and get it filled up.

Unfortunately that's one more thing someone can do to your car if they don't like you other than slashing your tyres.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Now I know what that Funnel is for.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
trumpy73

I only discovered the funnel AFTER I poured a bottle of injector cleaner and **** ended up everywhere except in the tank.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahahaha to funny.

Why were you using the injector cleaner?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
blatchie

Every car you buy comes with a manual. If you read it it gives important information on the car that you have purchased.You don't need to read every word however some of the chapters help
blatchie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
trumpy73

Force of habit - I typically use one bottle every 15-20K. Most likely does nothing.

Manual?? Blokes don't read manuals.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best photo i have at this stage... Car still @ dealership.

Its pretty dirty now. Got about 450km's up on it and i can feel the engine starting to free up.... The dealership filled the car up (i imagine with e10) so tomorrow night i'll be filling it up with 98, see how that goes. i do have to say after giving it a little tonight (gently ofcourse) it has some get and up go. really surprised me.

otherwise very happy so far.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
Caydus

Mmm, looks very much like City Ford Zetland?
Old 28-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking FINE! Congrats mate. You'll love it. The WT is a real hoot of a car.
Old 28-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
cartaa100
FG POWER

this is kind of off topic but, the fg's fuel cap doesnt lock either do you need a petrol nosel shape to pour things in there? or nope.

very nice choice btw, i love fiesta :P

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
cartaa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus
Mmm, looks very much like City Ford Zetland?
Yeh thats the one! haha. They did the good deal.... i have heard about their customer service.... which to a point i agree with...

E.G. The agreed full tank of fuel was not in there... and.... I had seen the car the day it arrived at the dealership. It was filthy (to be expected) so i figured on day of pickup it would be sparkling and smooth from a good Detail.... How suprised i was to find that it had basically had a very quick 10 minute wash. Mud and dirt visible. Was impressed considering i spent 20K on it. And as i work at another car dealership, i know where the standards lie.

note: The picture is not my exact car, but is the exact same lol.
Old 29-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #17
Caydus

haha, yea, 10 minute wash, got mine the same way from them.
Old 29-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
wakeboardandy

picked mine up today brand new from etheridge ford in melbourne and car was spotless. It is the 2nd brand new car I've got from them and always great service.

Car had 20km on it when I picked it up and still loving that new car smell.. now to get the windows tinted..
wakeboardandy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #19
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

The fuel flap on my 2011 Focus Zetec locks when the car is locked
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
Yeh thats the one! haha. They did the good deal.... i have heard about their customer service.... which to a point i agree with...

E.G. The agreed full tank of fuel was not in there... and.... I had seen the car the day it arrived at the dealership. It was filthy (to be expected) so i figured on day of pickup it would be sparkling and smooth from a good Detail.... How suprised i was to find that it had basically had a very quick 10 minute wash. Mud and dirt visible. Was impressed considering i spent 20K on it. And as i work at another car dealership, i know where the standards lie.

note: The picture is not my exact car, but is the exact same lol.
The Ford dealership I got my WS Fiesta from swirlmarked the crap out of my car's paint and left polish all over the plastics.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardandy
picked mine up today brand new from etheridge ford in melbourne and car was spotless. It is the 2nd brand new car I've got from them and always great service.

Car had 20km on it when I picked it up and still loving that new car smell.. now to get the windows tinted..
Agreed loving the new car smell!! and again agreed, windows need to be tinted before summer comes!

Update: Car is going well, very happy with it. Smooth, comfortable, and brilliant to drive. Took it for a long drive on the long weekend through wisemens ferry and through that general area. Admittedly i had way to much fun going through the corners. it is just a completely different feel to the WP Fiesta. Its great!

Done 1600kms already! had it 2 and a half weeks. Fuel Economy is hovering around the 6.5-7L/100kms mark (i do alot of stop start heavy traffic driving) but i have seen it do 6.1/100kms which was not hard to achieve.

Looking forward to taking it to Yamba then Port Macquarie in November. Should clock up about 1800kms doing that. Sydney to Yamba will be an economy run too. See what i can get out of it.

Expecting it to be pretty good on the highway. Revs 500 rpm less @ 100kph compared with the WP, so its quieter (plus way better sound deadening), seats are a million years ahead, i gained cruise control and it has a much smoother ride. I cant really see a reason as to why it wouldnt be as good as a large family car on the highway i.e Falcon, Aurion, Commodore.

Hoping to wash it this weekend, and hopefully give it a good polish. If i manage that i'll take photos and put them up here straight away.

Cheers.
Fiestaz.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #22
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many rpm at 100km/hr?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #23
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
How many rpm at 100km/hr?
roughly 2550rpm. Much better than 3000rpm in the wp.

Should also add, on the way to work today, with a mixture of highway and busy stop start driving, averaged 5.6L/100km's. Best i've seen on it yet!

it has gone back up to 6.2L/100kms since my drive home, but thats still great considering the driving i do.
Old 15-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #24
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey that reduction in RPM is a great improvement-less noise harsness. Whats the rpm at 110km/hr?
I had a 2007 Fiesta but i do a lot of 110km/he freeway work and the 3300rpm used to drive me nuts.
is yours a manual?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Hey that reduction in RPM is a great improvement-less noise harsness. Whats the rpm at 110km/hr?
I had a 2007 Fiesta but i do a lot of 110km/he freeway work and the 3300rpm used to drive me nuts.
is yours a manual?
it's a 5 speed manual... havent done 110km/h yet. im a green p-plater and dont visit the highway much anyway.

At a guess probably 2650rpm roughly.

Over the weekend finally got a chance to wash and polish the car. Came up brilliantly.

Very happy with the car. Done 2000km's in 3 weeks!

Only thing im not happy with is trying to keep it clean!!
Old 17-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #26
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got wax on it? Much easier to get them clean if you do, the dirt doesn't seem to stick, or it comes off with less effort.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #27
Caydus

Yea, wax is awesome, do it once maybe every 4-6 months and you'll be golden. A 10min wash job on it once every 2 weeks and the car would be shiney as.