Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default New Nsw Car Hoon Laws . Grandma Policing .

in the papers and news today the state govt is introducing new speeding laws , where if you are caught pseeding at 45 kms over the limit , it will be an automatic , number plate taken from that car for 3 months !!!! and if caught agin within 5 months the car will be permanently confiscated by govt . what have we become ?
i thought losing your liscence was enough. now they can take your car off you , ( shouldnt they have to pay you for it ? it isnt thier property . WTF is going on here .
its possible in an fpv to overtake a car and increase your speed by 40km/hr in 2.5 seconds . to me i think they are going too hard on this , and perhaps if thats their NANNA plan . they better speed limit all cars to 110kms hour . ( whats the difference )
govts just seem to be able to do whatever someone person in power says , these days . ( NOT HAPPY JAN )

Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Nsw Car Hoon Laws . Grandma Policing .

And your reason for being 45kmh an hour over the limit is?

GOOD! take the boofheads car, i cant see an issue with it....

105kmh in a 60zone in the suburbs? YOU DESERVE IT!

So what if you loose your licence now? How many time have people been caught driving their car without a licence and it never stopped them? plenty...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
tickfordcrazy21

That is so true. Under the hoon laws in vic. If the police hear your tyres squeal or if you are 25 ks over the speed limit they can disqualify you for up to six months on the spot. And then they can impound your car for up to thirty days. And then after paying the $1280 to get your car out. Then you go to court and can lose your licence for a further six months. I know. It happened to me...
Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
tickfordcrazy21

Six months longer
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i gotta agree with some hoon laws.
45km over the limit twice in 5 months. And thats only if you get caught!

what reason could there be for going a potential 155kph?

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

ok so you own an fpv , or performance car of some sort , you are tailing a truck at 70km an hour in a 80 zone , your in a country area , you safely overtake flooring it to get pat as quick as possible , by the time you pull in your doing 130kms hr , and you take your foot off throttle at that monent 500 metres up the road a highway patrol car is sitting there waithing for you with the radar on . what happens next . a big fine , no licence , hand your plates in for 3 months as well , and a black mark saying if you do this again you will lose your car .and 4 years later you do it again same scenario ( what if your paying it off ) and want to sell itr to recoup the costs . your in your 40's or 50's and have only been booked 2 times in 5 years ,have never done anything wrong in your life and only been booked 2 times in 30 years . are you now a criminal , not worthy of driving or owning that car anymore ??
this is hyperthetically what could happen could it not ?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
GUNXR6T
SRBRO

** owing a car then, nothing belongs to anyone anymore just take it. In some countries someone touches ur stuff u get killed, same as buying a house, you own it and still u have to go ask council to do something in ur backyard.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

you could literally tell people i put my foot down 2 times in 5 years , each time for 3 seconds ,overtakijng a truck , and lost my vehicle , and my licence and have a very bad driving record , because i overtook a truck .
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SA three offences over ten years.... crush.. crush....
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
And your reason for being 45kmh an hour over the limit is?

GOOD! take the boofheads car, i cant see an issue with it....

105kmh in a 60zone in the suburbs? YOU DESERVE IT!

So what if you loose your licence now? How many time have people been caught driving their car without a licence and it never stopped them? plenty...
agree - if you cannot control your speed within 45 kph, then you shouldn't own the car
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
agree - if you cannot control your speed within 45 kph, then you shouldn't own the car

WOW . to me thats a harsh rule to easily agree to , losing your licence is one thing , but having your car stolen for it is another , if nothing happened other than a radar reading .
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
ok so you own an fpv , or performance car of some sort , you are tailing a truck at 70km an hour in a 80 zone , your in a country area , you safely overtake flooring it to get pat as quick as possible , by the time you pull in your doing 130kms hr , and you take your foot off throttle at that monent 500 metres up the road a highway patrol car is sitting there waithing for you with the radar on . what happens next . a big fine , no licence , hand your plates in for 3 months as well , and a black mark saying if you do this again you will lose your car .and 4 years later you do it again same scenario ( what if your paying it off ) and want to sell itr to recoup the costs . your in your 40's or 50's and have only been booked 2 times in 5 years ,have never done anything wrong in your life and only been booked 2 times in 30 years . are you now a criminal , not worthy of driving or owning that car anymore ??
this is hyperthetically what could happen could it not ?
Just a heads up - I doubt any court would agree with your concept of "safe overtaking" and doing ""130km in an 80 zone" sitting together. FYI ...an 80 zone implies a max speed of 80 - not a long term average speed. I hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwag
Are you sure you are on the right forum?

I have for many many years done over 200km/h on roads in Australia even overtaking police cars once or twice.

If you really think that 155km/h is too fast on any road then this is the place for you....www.walk.com.au
Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
WOW . to me thats a harsh rule to easily agree to , losing your licence is one thing , but having your car stolen for it is another , if nothing happened other than a radar reading .
it maybe harsh, but i fear idiots who have no idea what speed they are doing, more than losing my licence for being one of those idiots

if you don't know what speed you are doing, please drive no where near my family and friends
Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
Just a heads up - I doubt any court would agree with your concept of "safe overtaking" and doing ""130km in an 80 zone" sitting together. FYI ...an 80 zone implies a max speed of 80 - not a long term average speed. I hope this helps.

just another heads up , most people should have lost there licences multiple times and had about 120 cars confiscated by by now also .
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That's why you should "wait" untill it is safe to overtake safely and not have to speed "excessively" to get by.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

im not trying to condone speeding here , what i'm saying is over the last 20 years , if the laws were the same as where they are heading . 10's of thousands , or perhaps 100's of thousands of australians wouldve had atleast 1 car crushed , cars are expensive , to be taken off you , you will lose $big $$$$ . i do not think that is right . licence loss yes perhaps , but effecting you capitol ??? no . if no damages are incurred , i'm surprised people openly agree that they should have their own property taken off them with no re embursement .
technology over the next 20 years with these AGHHAST NANNY RULES COMING IN , will render all previous ways criminal .

perhaps one day in the future , if you are not wearing the correct shoes in public , you will have your house demolished , and people will say you deserved it .

Last edited by gtfpv; 05-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:

Because it creates less fatigue I hear.

Whats the criteria for a Nannay rule?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Just another stupid Nanny state law.
Why dont they bring the same thing in for drunk and drugged drivers? That I would agree with.
But then the powers that be wouldnt be able to get behind the wheel after a long lunch and just get a rap over the knuckles like they do now.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Try 40km/h zones on the freeway at night, when the road is otherwise 110km/h, and there are no workers around anywhere. How fast do you have to slow down to the 40km/h speed limit before your car is taken from you?

A good way to raise revenue - trap motorists, take ownership of their cars, sell them off. When they don't reach their quota for speed infringements alone they can make up some of the difference by setting up a few freeway 40km/h zones and then reap the sale of a few cars.....

Lukeyson
Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just another heads up , most people should have lost there licences multiple times and had about 120 cars confiscated by by now also .
And? If people havent been caught so what?

Wether you agree with the speed limit or not ISNT THE POINT.
Fact remains you cant justify going 45kmh over the posted limit no matter what the case.

YES WE ALL HAVE SPED at some point in our lives... but if i get pulled over and fined, ill cop it and grin.

On an average just in my suburb (50km zone) i have witnessed cars speeding well in excess of what i estimated 80kmh (not to mention driving through the stop signs without even slowing down) on more then on average twice per month.

and yes we all speed when over taking trucks on the highway, but at worst I have only gone to about 30kmh over the limit to get past a b-double or b-triple. If i have to plant the foot down and reach warp 9 because I have cars coming the other way then its NOT worth it. And yes we have a LACK of overtaking lanes here in the north....

45kmh over the limit and your REALLY attracting the attension of the boys in blue...

Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #22
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Try 40km/h zones on the freeway at night, when the road is otherwise 110km/h, and there are no workers around anywhere. How fast do you have to slow down to the 40km/h speed limit before your car is taken from you?

A good way to raise revenue - trap motorists, take ownership of their cars, sell them off. When they don't reach their quota for speed infringements alone they can make up some of the difference by setting up a few freeway 40km/h zones and then reap the sale of a few cars.....

Lukeyson
In QLD and I daresay EVERY other state Australia there are rules as to how speed reductions are set out in road works areas.... if you enter a 110km zone and then it suddenly is 40kmh in a road work area, then you can safely rip up the ticket in court..... if there were speed reductions from 110... then to 80... then to 60 and then to 40.. and you missed them all... your problem.

And if you see sudden reductions say from 100 to 40 in a road works area, and NOTHING inbetween, report the issue....

Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Foylema
BOOST

Im sure the bank would love the gov to take my car that under finance lol
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
And? If people havent been caught so what?

Wether you agree with the speed limit or not ISNT THE POINT.
Fact remains you cant justify going 45kmh over the posted limit no matter what the case.

YES WE ALL HAVE SPED at some point in our lives... but if i get pulled over and fined, ill cop it and grin.

On an average just in my suburb (50km zone) i have witnessed cars speeding well in excess of what i estimated 80kmh (not to mention driving through the stop signs without even slowing down) on more then on average twice per month.

and yes we all speed when over taking trucks on the highway, but at worst I have only gone to about 30kmh over the limit to get past a b-double or b-triple. If i have to plant the foot down and reach warp 9 because I have cars coming the other way then its NOT worth it. And yes we have a LACK of overtaking lanes here in the north....

45kmh over the limit and your REALLY attracting the attension of the boys in blue...

totally agree JIM but does the punishment fit the crime . saying that would it make a difference in equitable punishment if your car was a $2000 xf falcon? or a $250 000 bmw.
we're talking property here , not licence .
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly think in my own opinion that if your needing to go that fast to over take, then you are probably risking your life and others. Just my opinion and im quite happy to stick with it and enjoy the privilege that is having a license and not have my car that i love crushed. Because the laws wont change and they are there for a reason.

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fully agree with this law, IF they include drunk drivers and their cars. Hold on, you can get absolutely blind drunk, get behind the wheel and never have your car taken off you.

First offense: as a p plater driving a shitter.
Second offense: you now have a nice car and get done 4 years, 11 months later.
How is that fair?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #27
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foylema
Im sure the bank would love the gov to take my car that under finance lol
Bank won't care either way mate, and neither will the Gov as you are still liable to pay of the financed vehicle that you now don't have, all you will be left with is a huge debt.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #28
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier

Lukeyson
I remember reading a post once in a similar topic about roadwork's etc and there was a posted link that had a ruling that if there were no worker's around at the time, the signage was void ?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
chris0

Quote:
i gotta agree with some hoon laws.
45km over the limit twice in 5 months. And thats only if you get caught!
I tend to agree with the over 45km/h twice in 5 months too. I'm not saying I haven't done that far over the speed limit, but I am also well aware of the consequences. You're a fool if you think you wont get caught.
However...
Quote:
Overtaking in 4th?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

So how many people on their last strike do you reckon would run when they know their car will be taken off them?

Subaru Outback '02
Closed Thread