Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
whitetdci

Default Nulon Diesel PTFE treatment

Has anyone used the diesel variant of the Nulon PTFE treatment. I used the petrol version in my last 2 cars and wouldn't run one without it but just don't know about diesels that much. Would love some feedback.

whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
whitetdci

Default Re: Nulon Diesel PTFE treatment

Bump. Surely someone has used this before or will I be the only one?
Old 28-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was under the impression its for Worn Engine Treatment [ many kms ] if you are using top quality synthetic oil in your diesel then there is no need for it jmho!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
whitetdci

No it is quite the opposite. It prevents wear from happening by the ptfe coating which reduces friction thus heat and wear (I sound like a bloody sales rep now!! No I don't work for them but have used their products for years in petrol motors and they really work!!) I have just re read their site on it and they say don't put it in a new engine until after the first oil change, so effectively good for newer engines to prolong life. I was hoping that someone else had tried it in a diesel and had some feedback. I will scan other forums and see. I will run some anyway. if you are interested this is the stuff.
http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Eng.../#.T-wtW_UVRM8
will let you know how it goes
Old 28-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
whitetdci

No it is quite the opposite. It prevents wear from happening by the ptfe coating which reduces friction thus heat and wear (I sound like a bloody sales rep now!! No I don't work for them but have used their products for years in petrol motors and they really work!!) I have just re read their site on it and they say don't put it in a new engine until after the first oil change, so effectively good for newer engines to prolong life. I was hoping that someone else had tried it in a diesel and had some feedback. I will scan other forums and see. I will run some anyway. if you are interested this is the stuff.
http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Eng.../#.T-wtW_UVRM8
will let you know how it goes
Old 29-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could start here http://www.talkford.com/forum/103-fu...additives-mpg/

let me know what you find

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Yes mate you do sound like a sales rep!
No offence intended at all but the argument against using it is the same as the argument against using any oil additive...... If your using high quality oil in the first place you shouldn't have to add anything.

For example:
Castrol and other high quality oil manufacturers.
Castrol spend millions and millions of $$$s developing their oil, running engines from brand new untill they die measuring the rate of wear that occurs throughout the engines life. Their oil allready has a lot of additives to aid in friction reduction. So really if there was a worthwhile impact from whatever is in a $20 aftermarket bottle of additive don't you think castrol would have put it in already?

You say that they work but then have you really had 2 identical cars that you've had from new and used for the same purposes one with the additive and one without then stripped the engines to measure wear and compared the results?
Even if you had done this, you also need to factor for machining tolerances from factory when the engines are built. I've road tested many identical cars that are brand spanking new with only 12km on the clock and one has been noticeably faster than the other purely because one engine is came from a better batch.
I don't mean to tell you your straight up wrong here with what I've said, just wanted to give you my 2cents worth from my experience of being in the trade for 7 years now as a technician working in both aftermarket and dealership settings
Old 29-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
whitetdci

Too true Fonfe about the engines and that goes across the board. I have worked in automotive engineering and it is amazing that you can build 2 engines effectively the same and one can be so much sweeter and its power and torque can be much better than another that would be effectively built the same. I daresay that even engine builders in V8 Supercars along with their custom machine parts etc would get different results from engine to engine. I guess from what you are saying that you would want empirical evidence from a long term test of 2 identical cars. I, too, would love to see results from that. I agree, use only quality oils, but I have noted improvements in many of the Nulon products (esp the gear box additive) and am pretty convinced of their benefit. What I was really interested in was peoples experience with the diesel version as I haven't used it yet. I will and post up my thoughts objectively. If you still think I am a rep for them I will pm you my mobile and I will be able to tell you why I am not a rep, but I will not post it on here.
Old 30-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Was only teasing bout you being a rep mate don't worry
let us know how it goes
Old 01-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
whitetdci

No problems. I like endorsing products that I find good and useful especially if they are Aussie owned and made.
About to have a day or two off so should get around to changing the oil, filter and put the additive in. Just had a look at the air filter too which needs a change. When I get a new car I like to go through and change most of the expendable items so I know where I am up to .
This user likes this post:
Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not had much to do with Nulon products, however I spoke to a really helpful guy on Wednesday from the Nulon Technical Line. The only thing I would be concerned about is if it is safe for the DPF and it turns out that it is.

In my previous Passat 125TDI Highline I used Liqui Moly Diesel Clean & Boost with great results. Wurth products are also worth a try.

But as you said, great to support local made and owned!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #12
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately, few of use can quantify the benefits because we do have the technical resources..
I used the older Nulon diesel product in my Nissan Patrol. Can't tell you if it reduced wear but I do know the temperature dropped and the fan rarely turned on.
KIWI-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
whitetdci

Agreed. I guess as long as it lessens friction and reduces the wear and temp I will be happy. Cant fault it on a petrol motor. Have just put some in on my first oil change. It will be hard to note any difference in fuel usage as I have also put a chip box in at the same time
Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #14
Falconcrazy
Starter Motor

I used the Nulon Diesel PTFE treatment on my old 80 series Landcruiser 4.2 Diesel. Used it at the correct intervals, for 5 years. It hadnt been started for 4 years untill recently. Before I tryed to turn the key, I primed the diesel up to the injectors. Once I turned the key It started first go. I thought the motor would have been siezed. Oh and the same tank of diesel was 1/4 full also sitting for 4 years, though being full with Nulon diesel fuel treatment.
Unreal. I will stand by all their products.
Falconcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #15
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconcrazy View Post
Unreal. I will stand by all their products.

rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #16
whitetdci

I use all their stuff including oil. Great aussie company
Old 09-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetdci View Post
Too true Fonfe about the engines and that goes across the board. I have worked in automotive engineering and it is amazing that you can build 2 engines effectively the same and one can be so much sweeter and its power and torque can be much better than another that would be effectively built the same. I daresay that even engine builders in V8 Supercars along with their custom machine parts etc would get different results from engine to engine. I guess from what you are saying that you would want empirical evidence from a long term test of 2 identical cars. I, too, would love to see results from that. I agree, use only quality oils, but I have noted improvements in many of the Nulon products (esp the gear box additive) and am pretty convinced of their benefit. What I was really interested in was peoples experience with the diesel version as I haven't used it yet. I will and post up my thoughts objectively. If you still think I am a rep for them I will pm you my mobile and I will be able to tell you why I am not a rep, but I will not post it on here.
snake oil!!

when a diesel is tired it gives its best performance right before it self destructs.

if you glaze the bores then the jobs done.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post