Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
FLYXR8

Question how would i go at getting audio sponsorship?

Have come up with the idea of use fly audio for my car.
Useing fly throw out the car as a theme so to speak. From custom number plate to stickers. Have been looking at info but after more on how to go what to do as in asking. Do i buy the audio and set it up then ask. or tell them my plans on what i am doing and see if thay Will help pay for it. What do i do any help welcome.

Thanks GAZA.
I know I will have to go to sound offs n car shows. To put there name out there

Bf xr8 yellow 6speed auto.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Shaker scoop,cams,full twin pipe exhaust set up,rims,and more.
FLYXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: how would i go at getting audio sponsorship?

Well you wouldn't buy it all, set it up THEN ask.

You'd have to bring something to the table to make it worth their time. Why should they pay for you to have a stereo when they could just have a company car if they wanted to?

Not being mean, just honest.
Old 23-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Contact your nearest Autobarn and tell them what you want to do, we are distributors for FLI and Vibe so we can put you in touch with the rep who will decide what they want to do in terms of helping you out.
Old 23-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The amount of people I get emailing about sponsorship is frustrating.
Some guys just think because they are building a cool car and going to take it to some local car shows that they need sponsorship.
Sorry, but if im handing over some serious dollars in product it needs to be worth my time. You need to provide your plan of attack and explain how its going to benefit me. Coverage is the key! Magazine write ups, blogs, big events etc. Social media is also a great tool if used effectively. People skills and networking gets you a long way! Sitting at home in your jocks shooting off emails doesn't get you far.

Also this is no dig at you, just some advice.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
The amount of people I get emailing about sponsorship is frustrating.
Some guys just think because they are building a cool car and going to take it to some local car shows that they need sponsorship.
Sorry, but if im handing over some serious dollars in product it needs to be worth my time. You need to provide your plan of attack and explain how its going to benefit me. Coverage is the key! Magazine write ups, blogs, big events etc. Social media is also a great tool if used effectively. People skills and networking gets you a long way! Sitting at home in your jocks shooting off emails doesn't get you far.

Also this is no dig at you, just some advice.
Nah all good thanks for your comment.
I would be willing. to go on main sound offs car shows and try getting it in mags I no I need to do a big part in it. I wouldn't just pay for someone to have my gear in there ride so I can understand that point. Was more a idea atm still be doing it if sponsored or not.
Bf xr8 yellow 6speed auto.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Shaker scoop,cams,full twin pipe exhaust set up,rims,and more.
FLYXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post