Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Does anyone here travel from Bendigo to Brisbane often??

Hey gang

I am hoping to find an AFF member whom travels from bendigo to brisbane or even the gold coast as im in a bit of a pickle.

I won an AC unit on ebay, but freight quotes ive gotten today have been astronomical so thought i would throw the question out there and see if anyone can help out with delivery of the item if they do this trip often and its not out of the way..

Willing to pay for some fuel etc.

Cheers
Dave MR460

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Does anyone here travel from Bendigo to Brisbane often??

My sister is on the Gold Coast and come home to Bendigo just the other week but unfortunately they have already left, pitty otherwise she could have taken it along for the ride.

I am not sure if she is coming back at xmas or not though ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

thanks mate, open to suggestions and time wise not a huge factor but the way its looking is that i'll be getting old mate to send up each item 1 at a time via aust post to try and keep the cost down.

almost died when i was quoted between $200-$450 for the courier alone!

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 23-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try uship.com ive seen some stupid cheap quotes on there for transporting stuff
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Phil B
Clevo power!

Which couriers did you try? That sounds ridiculous, having experience in a warehouse freighting stuff. Also what is the rough weight of the unit?

Aus post do parcels to 22kg (I think) if you can get it under that.

I might suggest ringing up the Bendigo depots of TNT and Toll, or a freight agent who deals with a few companies, direct (instead of going through the website or retail office etc) and see if they will send it up on their accounts and then charge you.

You could also try Pickerings Transport. They run big trucks up and down all the time and should be way cheaper than that.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
GA_0009
Restoration Garage

I can suggest e-go.com.au, used a sister company who's underwritten by e-go and got a roll bar freighted from brisbane to Melbourne, cheaper than anyone else.
1975 XB Falcon Sedan
GA_0009 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

If you can get it to Melbourne I can get it to Brisbane for you.
Old 24-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

toll was $450, couriors please was $220 and pack & send ranged between $200-350. Mrs tried e-go and think she said it was around $200 also.

The main issue is the "cubic" size of it, not its actual weight or dimensions. Way it is looking we might just be sending each item individually via aust post.

Its a complete XA/B Air con under dash unit

Chris: I will be talking to old mate about it all today, if we get stuck and if he can get it to Melbourne then i will let you know... but like i said it might just be a case of sending each item individually as everything (besides the compressor) doesnt have a lot of weight and should be within their size limits.

Old 24-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Would like to just say a huge thanks to Chris (cs123) for your offer to help out with everything and the picking up and delivery.... Really appreciate it and cant thank you enough.

Thank you....