Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fairmont/Fairlane climate control/MDC: 2 globes, $30 each

Anyone know why the green holder T5 globes are so expensive? $30 each from Bayford spares, and you need two! I was down to one working and that died a couple of nights ago, so I didn't really have much choice.

This is the first time I've seen a green holder. The instrument cluster has brown and black holders, the MDC has black (button illumination) and green (display illumination).

I thought that having "Xe" (Xenon) stamped on the green holder there was something special about the globes, but I noticed the black holder globes are also stamped Xe.

One other thing I noticed is that the globe inside the MDC which illuminates the clock appears to be fixed... there's no holder at the back. If this blows then I guess you need to open the MDC and solder in a new one (if you can find one - I still have no idea where to source the soldered in globes for the headlamp switch. Ford just wants to sell me a whole new assembly.)

rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post