Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
MrXR8

Default Fpr jacket

Hi all,

Just picked up a fpr jacket on the weekend. Was signed by glen seton and Craig lowndes for $250 from a mate. He is moving overseas and is cleaning out. How much do you think it's worth? Not selling it just curious.

When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
MrXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
TheAussieStig30

Default Re: Fpr jacket

Whatever someone will pay, tbh. There was heaps of different styles over the years, and there has been a dozen or so copies floating around.

Signed by Seton is a good thing, because he isn't at many race meets now, and isn't always approachable, signed by Lowndes, well, he drives the wrong car, so that's a minus for me, but he still seems popular in Ford circles, so shouldn't detract too much.

I've bought various unsigned ones on eBay for anywhere from $20 to $100ish for a newer, or nicer designed one. I seldom buy signed ones now, unless it's a Moffat signature, or, for instance, a Pepsi Max shirt signed by Davo/Frosty as I like the item signed by the drivers in the team.

It's got to be worth $100 minimum assuming its genuine. $50 minimum for the jacket and $50 admission to the nearest race track and hoping Seton is there on the same day as Lowndes. If it's a newer one, add some more to it and if it's size L or XL it's worth a bit more as it's easier to sell men's clothes in those sizes. Personally, I wouldn't look at it at $250 but as I said, it's worth what someone will pay.

Recently I was offered a signed Lowndes hat and an unsigned picture of his car. I'm thinking around the $50 mark. As it's only a A4 sized pic and what's a hat worth?? It's only a freebie give away type from the race track. The guy wants $400 for them. I basically laughed in his face. He's told me Craig's signature is worth $1000 and this and that, and he's Fords best drive. I told him he hasn't driven for Ford for 7 years and he tells me in an idiot. Lol. Gotta love em.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
MrXR8

Valid point. I know it was signed by both parties as I was there with him at the time so genuine is not an issue and the jacket is a genuine ford jacket. But I get your point with its what people are willing to pay. Me thinks $250 is ok.
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Yeah I personally wouldn't pay that much either. Current signed FPR jackets tend to go for around $100 to $150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAussieStig30 View Post
Recently I was offered a signed Lowndes hat and an unsigned picture of his car. I'm thinking around the $50 mark. As it's only a A4 sized pic and what's a hat worth?? It's only a freebie give away type from the race track. The guy wants $400 for them. I basically laughed in his face. He's told me Craig's signature is worth $1000 and this and that, and he's Fords best drive. I told him he hasn't driven for Ford for 7 years and he tells me in an idiot. Lol. Gotta love em.
Yeah he was dreaming!

I recently sold a Lowndes 2013 1:18 car model signed for $230 which surprised me. I was expecting $180 at the most. I was lucky as there were 2 bidders who were very keen for it.

I have a signed Allan Moffat FPV cap but I reckon it would only sell for around $30 at most.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
MrXR8

It was from a mate. He is going overseas to live. I was there at time of signing. Happy to pay it if not for the jacket to give him a few bucks to help.

Eric Bana
Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
TheAussieStig30

I'd give ya $30 for a signed moff cap! Pm me

I have 2 FPR toolboxes, ($199) signed by Rod Nash, Tim Edwards, Will Davo, Frosty, Dave Reynolds, Paul Dumbbell, and I think Canto, and also Moff. Put one up on eBay to sell for some quick cash, started it at $100 with $20 post. Not a single bid!!! Lol. They can sit in my shed with screwdrivers in one and my electrical gear in the other.

XR, if you're happy with what you paid, it's all good. I paid $100 for a cardboard cutout of Marcos Ambrose, so it's all relative!